England v Tonga series

So this is happening with games on Sunday 22 October  in St Helen's, Saturday 28 October in Huddersfield and Saturday 4 November in Leeds.

Who's going and how confident are England fans feeling?

I'm going to game 2 at Huddersfield. Looming at the stadium map last night, it looks like very few tickets have been sold so far. I have heard adverts for the series on Heart and seen electronic ads in Huddersfield Town centre and the centre of Leeds, so hopefully sales will pick up on the back of a decent opener.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

8 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

So this is happening with games on Sunday 22 October  in St Helen's, Saturday 28 October in Huddersfield and Saturday 4 November in Leeds.

I'm going to game 2 at Huddersfield. Looming at the stadium map last night, it looks like very few tickets have been sold so far. I have heard adverts for the series on Heart and seen electronic ads in Huddersfield Town centre and the centre of Leeds, so hopefully sales will pick up on the back of a decent opener.

I'm going to the match at Headingley.

The ground map for the Leeds fixture has been down on the ticketing website for a week now. Before it went down, ticket sales looked like the best of the three. No map on the site also means that anyone buying a ticket now can select a block but not specific seats.

2 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

I'm 50/50 about going to the Huddersfield test. One of the things holding me back is that I don't fancy being part of an 8k crowd.

I agree, I did consider trying to get a group of mates together and head up there from Norfolk with a sesh thrown in on the Saturday night (ie the main event) but I’d be really embarrassed about the tiny crowd rattling around Huddersfield’s ground so am not bothering. I get that people might say well if you don’t go the crowd will be small, but I just can’t face it. 

• Like 1

The last three test matches at Huddersfield involving England have attracted crowds of 19k, 24k and 24k, so I think this idea there will be 8k there isn't borne out by history.

• Like 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

3 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

The last three test matches at Huddersfield involving England have attracted crowds of 19k, 24k and 24k, so I think this idea there will be 8k there isn't borne out by history.

As you said, on the website it looks like very few tickets have been sold. And in the past has there been a game at Leeds the following week? 

Has anyone received their tickets yet?

I ordered mine a month ago and only then noticed my address consisted of my house number and no street info. They say the address has been updated but I'm paranoid that the order went through immediately and consequently will not reach Corvus Towers. Grump!

TESTICULI AD  BREXITAM.

15 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Agreed, however, was there also a Leeds test a week later and a Lancashire test the week before in those too?

Leeds in particular seems to do well for internationals, but it always seems to be at the expense of a second Yorkshire venue in a series, Hull seeing a drop in 2018 vs 2016 iirc comes to mind. A Huddersfield test when the other venues were London and St Helens might do better.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

There are no plans for those kinds of number as about a third of the seats aren't even going on sale. To me, it looks as if pre-sales have reached about 3k. A blockbuster first test is needed.

1 hour ago, Just Browny said:

Games like this should be taken to the likes of Sheffield, Coventry or Newcastle. Internationals aren't well supported in the M62, unless it's Australia. This will now be used as a reason to only play internationals in the M62 sadly. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, londonrlfan said:

Games like this should be taken to the likes of Sheffield, Coventry or Newcastle. Internationals aren't well supported in the M62, unless it's Australia. This will now be used as a reason to only play internationals in the M62 sadly. 

Well, at least we're not back at Hull after the World Cup, but the match at Huddersfield could easily have been taken to Rotherham/Derby/Chesterfield or wherever is big enough.

44 minutes ago, londonrlfan said:

One that should be nailed on is London.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, RigbyLuger said:

Well, at least we're not back at Hull after the World Cup, but the match at Huddersfield could easily have been taken to Rotherham/Derby/Chesterfield or wherever is big enough.

Tbf, Hull would've been a better choice than Headingley.

53 minutes ago, londonrlfan said:

It saves the RFL a few quid on petrol though, and they won’t even have RK out the england team up in a hotel overnight. 

2 hours ago, Just Browny said:

Think my kids have bought me tickets, it coincides with a rather depressing milestone birthday. Bit of RL and a few beers in Headingley/Leeds will be just the ticket.

• Like 1