BISSA Bulldog outbound - Josh Rourke

Batley Bob

Don't go using up all your adult nappies overnight phildog......

• Haha 1

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

4 minutes ago, Dogs Bawls said:

Are Phil and Toffee Dog related?

Brothers, cousins , father and son maybe?

quite possibly 3 out of the 4....

I've heard it's a small gene pool up in Arncliffe estate......

Edited by il cattivo
  • Haha 1

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

Never lived up nor had a brother nor had a lass up Arncliffe, so where does that leave your assumptions!! As I said, Rams fans knew about this over a fortnight ago, it's on here somewhere!! I also suggested it before, so there, la la lala la! Good signing which also leads to the bad news that we'll quite possibly face Aiden McGowan playing for somebody else! Winger and a couple of big young forwards next.

Edited by phildog

Just seen the reels, a very similar build, style of play to Hooley, runs good lines, covers a lot of ground and has a lot of pace when he gets free. If we can play a style of rugby to suit then he'll do well.

• Batley Bob changed the title to BISSA Bulldog Inbound - Josh Rourke
50 minutes ago, phildog said:

Never lived up nor had a brother nor had a lass up Arncliffe, so where does that leave your assumptions!! As I said, Rams fans knew about this over a fortnight ago, it's on here somewhere!! I also suggested it before, so there, la la lala la! Good signing which also leads to the bad news that we'll quite possibly face Aiden McGowan playing for somebody else! Winger and a couple of big young forwards next.

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ I rest my case.........

but joking (lost on some people) aside,this could be an excellent signing.

it is frustrating when other clubs are announcing new signings and re-signings with regularity,and it does keep the fans interested and keen,but I can see the flip side to it as well.

It has been a long,hard,stressful season and the club's officials just need to get away and have nothing to do with Batley Rugby club and recharge the batteries.

us plebeians have to remember it's  once a week thing to most of us,we can whinge and gripe,then go to work or take the ferret for a manicure or do whatever we do to wind down,but for the club officials it's a 6-7 day a week thing for all the season.

give them a break eh? 

• Like 4

You are correct that people are on hols and need a break also.

£10 entrance did not work to the extent we hoped. I personally am glad we did it but it has left us with a shortfall. Approximately attendances went up by an average of 250 and spend at the stadium went up but this was not enough even with sponsorship we obtained. We do not want to go backwards so my priority at the moment is to get all monies in and assess our final losses then get a plan to bring more money in going forward.

There is no criticism whatsoever of the support given by our supporters but the continual issue is that we do not have enough of them whether we win or not and whatever the price of admission is.

As a general rule attendances reflect the size of the Club and as soon as you finish on the field higher than your attendances relative to other Clubs you are punching above your weight which is exactly what we do year in and year out and it is what we will continually try to do in the future.

Its called doing your best both on and off the field and thats what we do whether that is good enough or not is another issue. Looking forward to the challenge of next year already but it will be a challenge make no mistake about that. This season was difficult but next year will be more so.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Yes we love him as well, and as you say he talks to us and he is great before and after the match up in the Ron Earnshaw lounge, he can be a bit of a comedian at times.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kevin Nicholas said:

You are correct that people are on hols and need a break also.

£10 entrance did not work to the extent we hoped. I personally am glad we did it but it has left us with a shortfall. Approximately attendances went up by an average of 250 and spend at the stadium went up but this was not enough even with sponsorship we obtained. We do not want to go backwards so my priority at the moment is to get all monies in and assess our final losses then get a plan to bring more money in going forward.

There is no criticism whatsoever of the support given by our supporters but the continual issue is that we do not have enough of them whether we win or not and whatever the price of admission is.

As a general rule attendances reflect the size of the Club and as soon as you finish on the field higher than your attendances relative to other Clubs you are punching above your weight which is exactly what we do year in and year out and it is what we will continually try to do in the future.

Its called doing your best both on and off the field and thats what we do whether that is good enough or not is another issue. Looking forward to the challenge of next year already but it will be a challenge make no mistake about that. This season was difficult but next year will be more so.

Looking at gates , Kevin,  it seemed to be the 2 tv games and last 2 home games (due to bad run of form)that let average gate down , widnes on TV 923 was terrible , that's normally one of our higher gates 

IMG_0583.JPG

Brave move, didn't work out financially but probably didn't actually affect attendance which shows that however good or bad a season the club has, it is at the boundary of its fan base on a week to week basis. Why aren't all you who got yourselves to Leigh,York and Wembley not finding Mount Pleasant? At a 10er apiece? I thank those who guaranteed the shortfall do at least we didn't make a loss. We just need to know Kev's decision on next year's season and gate ticket prices. 

56 minutes ago, Batley Bob said:

Looking at gates , Kevin,  it seemed to be the 2 tv games and last 2 home games (due to bad run of form)that let average gate down , widnes on TV 923 was terrible , that's normally one of our higher gates 

Don’t forget we didn’t play one game on tv at Batley I know a few people who didn’t go to dewsbury