IMG Grading System (Many Merged Threads)

2 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

As such, they should be looking across the board.

So we can ignore agreed strategies for those areas and get people whose expertise is not community development to write another plan for them?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

4 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

But the 450k retainer hasn't come from SL has it? It's come from everyone. As such, they should be looking across the board.

Given the biggest income stream available to the RFL is the SL TV contract it’s not as black & white as you’re presenting 

24 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

But the 450k retainer hasn't come from SL has it? It's come from everyone. As such, they should be looking across the board.

Must have missed the massive financial injection to the central pot the sport outside of Super League was bringing! 

24 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

So we can ignore agreed strategies for those areas and get people whose expertise is not community development to write another plan for them?

If there has been any attempt at all to fund and implement the plans in those docs, then fair play

Just now, marklaspalmas said:

And I must have missed anything from IMG for their strategy outside SL

I mean it literally grades B and C clubs and includes championship and League 1. If everyone does things better it benefits outside SL.

What do you want them to do?

8 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Must have missed the massive financial injection to the central pot the sport outside of Super League was bringing! 

At yet the Community Clubs with their membership fees  contributions to central funds are meeting more than two thirds of their ' cost '  to the game.

That's far more than can be said of the whole of the semi pro game outside of SL. All the rest of the RFL's income is generated entirely as a result of SL Clubs activities . Internationals are invariably  ( at least at present ) loss leaders..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, del capo said:

At yet the Community Clubs with their membership fees  contributions to central funds are meeting more than two thirds of their ' cost '  to the game.

That's far more than can be said of the whole of the semi pro game outside of SL. All the rest of the RFL's income is generated entirely as a result of SL Clubs activities . Internationals are invariably  ( at least at present ) loss leaders..

But remember, its these semi pro clubs that should be the focus of all the sports thinking and anything other than that is an insult to the game and what it stands for.

40 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

SL is 90% of UK RL's income. But why should that be fixed? Might RL Commercial regard lowering that percentage as a worthwhile target? I hope so.

It would be an odd target to go for. We should be looking to grow every income stream we have, and whilst an outcome of increasing income disproportionately at international, women's, wheelchair, lower division levels may mean that 90% becomes lower, it's not necessarily a target you'd set. Because tbh, taht kind of target can drive the wrong actions. 

3 hours ago, marklaspalmas said:

Retainer? I don't read this £450k as a retainer. It seems to me to be a payment for additional services supplied outside the main contract.

• Like 3

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

As I understand it  SL transferred their collective money making rights to RL Commercial in exchange for 50%.of the pie.  S

It then became RL Commercial's job ( with the active help of IMG ) to increase the size of that pie. If they can manage that then the whole of TGG will benefit.  SL will get more and the RFL will have more to spend where it chooses. That's the theory anyway...

That pie does not include Government grants  worth millions .Those funds are ring fenced for particular , largely grassroots activity and the spend  is subject to regular external oversight. I believe those grants will continue to be negotiated by the RFL staff directly.

• Like 2