Sat 4th Nov: Pacific Championship - Final: New Zealand v Australia KO 4am UK Time (Sky)

Who will win?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• New Zealand by 13 points or more
    • New Zealand by 7 to 12 points
    • New Zealand by 1 to 6 points
    • Australia by 1 to 6 points
    • Australia by 7 to 12 points
    • Australia by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/11/23 at 04:30

Don’t think I’ve seen the Aussies outplayed like this before. It’s just a shame they seem to be getting the venues as badly wrong over there as we are here because this result is proving the international game can be as competitive as it’s ever been. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WN83 said:

Don’t think I’ve seen the Aussies outplayed like this before. It’s just a shame they seem to be getting the venues as badly wrong over there as we are here because this result is proving the international game can be as competitive as it’s ever been. 

yes - this deserves a full house sell out for the kiwis

• Like 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

some Aussie players coming to the end  of their international careers today - tedesco - hunt - dce -  v holmes - munster combined with some very ordinary  players and a bizarre decision to play edwards on the wing - lets not take anything away from NZ  though - brilliant stuff 

• Like 2

if that doesnt make players like Ponga and other young NRL stars  want to put their hands up  for a black and white jersey then what will?

Edited by graveyard johnny
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

if that doesnt make players like Ponga and other young NRL stars  want to put their hands up  for a black and white jersey then what will?

I reckon that simply makes Ponga more interested in vying for a Kangaroos jumper

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

I reckon that simply makes Ponga more interested in vying for a Kangaroos jumper

which he wont get with walsh in the frame 

Biggest Kangaroos loss in history, first time held scoreless since 2005, first international tournament lost since the 2014 4N. 

Was very deflated after last week as I really thought this NZ side should've beaten us in the WC Semi so to back that up with the Melbourne performance was disappointing. So glad they turned it around and proved how good they really are.

A super 80 minutes from the Kiwis.

Physically dominant, expansive, adventurous, clinical, good with and without the ball. They outplayed Oz in every facet and never really looked like conceding. The Aussies looked way off and were outplayed across the park. The two returning props were comprehensively out-shone.

I felt really confident that this young and exciting NZ team would win today after sticking with the same team three matches in a row. I didn't think they'd keep the Kangaroos to a big fat zero though!

Congrats to the Kiwis.

• Like 2

It was good to hear Vossy bewailing the wait for the next internationals at the end of his commentary. He was saying wistfully to Block how there used to be mid-season test series and how NZ and Oz should be playing at least two times a year - to which Block said there should be more three-match series.

His internationalist enthusiasm isn't quite reciprocated in NRL head office. Oz didn't look like the Kangaroos today. Couldn't wait to get on holiday, by the looks of things.

• Like 2