Sheffield Eagles new stadium plans

Eddie

5 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Yes, do they own that asset to sell/take on the new site? 

The soccer club, Sheffield FC The Oldest Football Club in the World Est 1857 Ltd, have about £1.5m of fixed assets, which one would assume includes a bit of land.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

4 minutes ago, Eddie said:

It’ll be loads better than the current ground, and they’ll get a share of matchday revenue, win all round. 

To be fair, we do get a cut at the OLP, though I don't know exactly what the deal is.

36 minutes ago, Eddie said:

It’ll be loads better than the current ground, and they’ll get a share of matchday revenue, win all round. 

I think it's a brilliant move, ever since Sheffield fc announced they were going there its been something i wondered about, its just a bit of a move from where they are. 

Its the more affluent side of town arguably, there is more housing around it than at present and a massive school near it. Transport links are OK and will get better with investment that (apparently) is coming to the tram as part of the HS2 debacle. Its on the right side of the city for access from North Derbyshire and Notts etc, which is an open goal for Eagles really.. at the moment it's more on the side for Rotherham and Doncaster which means fighting Donny arguably. This opens another area up, still not that much of a pig from those areas though as its on the ring road and the tram would help. 

Sheffield FC were doing this anyway, so assume they have some good funding, Eagles will help pay the bills etc and probably help secure more funding to make it easier.. what the tenure/primacy of tenure arrangements will be i don't know but its not going to be beyond the wit of man to make it work.. I wouldn't be shocked if the clubs were forming some sort of partnership down the line either.. there are either bits onside to help with the wheelchair side etc and maybe getting other clubs to come together.. 

It's a good move for the club and city if this comes off and is done well IMHO 

Edit: and its much closer to me so win win 🤣

Edited by RP London
  • Like 4

• 4 months later...
3 minutes ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

Will the staduim be owned and operated by both or will the Eagles just be a tenant so they can just get the build through?

I believe it is a joint venture. The majority owners of both clubs are the same people.

• Like 3

Looks like there's room for expansion too, should either of the clubs need it at some point in the future.

17 hours ago, going for the corner said:

Is the Olympic legacy stadium capped at around 2k capacity?

At the moment but it could be made bigger as there is space around it and banking at one side. However, this would take quite some investment and the original plans and funding arent there now that McCabe has fallen out with the fake sheikh at united etc

12 minutes ago, Shaggy said:

Currently seems to be a cricket pitch. Is this plan forcing out a cricket club?

There's a new cricket ground as well.

In addition to the main stadium, there's a 3G 100m x 64m soccer pitch, two junior soccer pitches, 55m x 37m, 50m radius cricket field, parking for 458 cars and 7 coaches, plus assorted buildings.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Griff said:

There's a new cricket ground as well.

In addition to the main stadium, there's a 3G 100m x 64m soccer pitch, two junior soccer pitches, 55m x 37m, 50m radius cricket field, parking for 458 cars and 7 coaches, plus assorted buildings.

Yeah, I'm just blind. Didn't see the cricket square in between the two pitches.

Do not fear; only BELIEVE

This will only be good for the Eagles, but there is a lot of convincing to do of the locals up at Meadowhead, Low Edges and other surrounding areas, as a lot of them are against the proposals, and that includes quite a few Eagles and Sheffield FC fans, as the roads where it is planned to be built are bursting at the moment... 

So  a lot of work to do to appease these people, as you dont want to annoy the people on your doorstep..

21 minutes ago, mozzauk said:

This will only be good for the Eagles, but there is a lot of convincing to do of the locals up at Meadowhead, Low Edges and other surrounding areas, as a lot of them are against the proposals, and that includes quite a few Eagles and Sheffield FC fans, as the roads where it is planned to be built are bursting at the moment... 

So  a lot of work to do to appease these people, as you dont want to annoy the people on your doorstep..

458 car and 7 coach spaces should be more than enough for Sheffield FC or the Eagles, with other people using public transport or walking, and cars having multiple people travelling to the match in them a crowd of 2000 wouldn’t need more spaces than that. If the Eagles ever get attendances like that again they’ll be doing very well. 

On 22/03/2024 at 18:48, Eddie said:

458 car and 7 coach spaces should be more than enough for Sheffield FC or the Eagles, with other people using public transport or walking, and cars having multiple people travelling to the match in them a crowd of 2000 wouldn’t need more spaces than that. If the Eagles ever get attendances like that again they’ll be doing very well. 

Walking from where??? As the Ground will be a good 5 Miles from the City Centre, and even walking up from Woodseats is a long walk and is all uphill.... and you have to cross 2 very busy roads..  

That all area cant cope with the current volume of traffic on a Sunday, already thanks to the Retail Park just up the road from the new ground... 

And Chesterfield Road is a car park most days of the week...

The only Public Transport is the buses some of which are very unreliable... 

Also lets remember there will be more than just the Eagles on or Sheffield FC at the same time as during the summer there will be Cricket, the Sports Hall and other events going on at the location and around Meadowhead....

14 hours ago, mozzauk said:

Walking from where??? As the Ground will be a good 5 Miles from the City Centre, and even walking up from Woodseats is a long walk and is all uphill.... and you have to cross 2 very busy roads..  

That all area cant cope with the current volume of traffic on a Sunday, already thanks to the Retail Park just up the road from the new ground... 

And Chesterfield Road is a car park most days of the week...

The only Public Transport is the buses some of which are very unreliable... 

Also lets remember there will be more than just the Eagles on or Sheffield FC at the same time as during the summer there will be Cricket, the Sports Hall and other events going on at the location and around Meadowhead....

i'm not sure if its in this proposal etc but I have seen it somewhere that there is a lot of support from the powers that be about extending the tram etc. The retail park is a bloody nightmare and who ever designed the road layout that was meant to "cope with it" needs their head read but its eminently fixable. 

The thing it will do is breathe life into something that is dying at the moment so if people want a bit of life around them then they will go with it, otherwise it will just became wasteland (which may suit some). The traffic and road system needs sorting but that is not beyond the wit of man to do and often with these things there will be clauses in the build that include the infrastructure around it. 

For all the issues which you raise, and are correct, there are relatively simple solutions if people want to solve the issues. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RP London said:

i'm not sure if its in this proposal etc but I have seen it somewhere that there is a lot of support from the powers that be about extending the tram etc. 

Yes I've heard about suggestions to extend tram route to that area, but would probably take ages to plan, and even longer to construct.

29 minutes ago, RS50 said:

Yes I've heard about suggestions to extend tram route to that area, but would probably take ages to plan, and even longer to construct.

while i dont know how long these things take its about 2 miles from where the tram turns off Norton Avenue straight down Bochum Parkway to the ground, down the dual carriageway etc so I'm sure its not that big a job in terms of plans especially as it would be just continuing on what it does anyway. 

They need to fix the way the road works for the retail park as the queues are horrendous at times but that needs to be done anyway regardless of whether this is given the go ahead or not.. 

30 minutes ago, Skinnywinger said:

Why on earth are they making it all seater? 

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty confident that when the same point was made in relation to York's stadium we were told that football clubs can access funding from the Football Foundation for all seater but not if there is an element of terracing.

I assume Sheffield FC are looking to access that funding for the scheme.