Sheffield Eagles new stadium plans

Eddie

8 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

They could - but history tells me this almost never happens. It takes clubs long enough to get new/redeveloped stadiums. The idea they could be expanded anywhere in the next 20 years after that is, I think, unprecedented in our sport.

I think Warrington did it at the HJ?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Being far away from Sheffield town centre I see as a bonus (except for the museum there which is nice)

Sheffield is one of the best nights out in the country imho, nice cathedral too. 

Edited by Eddie

24 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

As I understand it, the current ground is owned by the football club, but that both clubs share common shareholders/directors.

What do you mean by "current ground", Tommy? Coach and Horses?

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

6 hours ago, Griff said:

What do you mean by "current ground", Tommy? Coach and Horses?

Yes, do they own that asset to sell/take on the new site? 

The meadowhead roundabout side of the new ground seems to always carry advertisment for the football club too. Its also being slated to be called "The Home of Football", which given its the name of FCs current ground implies to me that they will be the leading party on paper.

Edited by Tommygilf
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Eddie said:

Sheffield is one of the best nights out in the country imho, nice cathedral too. 

I've been there a few times and not loved it....during the day anyway it has so many grim characters around the centre......like I say last time we went we did thr museum and museum area and it was amazing though 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Coggo said:

Also, no mention of funding.

What is the source of finance (other than a begging bowl placed in front of the local council)? 

The council can't even develop its own property.

51 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Over 18 months, doesn't say completed by then does it?

You can soon knock a stadium together as long as there's no Covid lockdown.

Some of this forum's correspondents who were shocked by the lines on the Toronto pitch are going to be having the vapours with those markings.

It looks like a good move for Sheffield FC and probably a case of Hobson's Choice for the Eagles but a decent set-up nevertheless.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

4 hours ago, Coggo said:

Also, no mention of funding.

What is the source of finance (other than a begging bowl placed in front of the local council)? 

While you obviously enjoy sneering at things you don’t know anything about, why don’t you ask them? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

Some of this forum's correspondents who were shocked by the lines on the Toronto pitch are going to be having the vapours with those markings.

It looks like a good move for Sheffield FC and probably a case of Hobson's Choice for the Eagles but a decent set-up nevertheless.

It’ll be loads better than the current ground, and they’ll get a share of matchday revenue, win all round.