Law Cup

thinboyfat

3 hours ago, Tony Mac said:

If they sell out in the main stand will they open another stand to still allow pay at the gate or will it be classed as a sell out?

I won't know if I can make it until on the day so don't want to go over to the game to be told I can't get in.

Any information would be really appreciated.

Bill quin said at the fan's forum that he would have a word with rochdale if there was enough interest 🤔

It's looking good for Sunday and also looks like they may open another stand, and the weather getting a bit warmer for the weekend 😀, originally i thought that it might get called off due to the freezing weather, i hope that they've got enough pie's for match, kieghley ran out of pie's Guinness and crisps for half time, 😳 😀 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, thecrab said:

This ratio of hornets to yeds fans can't be right.....they've never outnumbered us 3 to 1 in any game

Think Hornets might be playing this clever for IMG.

They are reporting sales in areas of the stand that are labelled "home" 

Oldham fans are obviously buying tickets in those areas. These are the seats around halfway so the most popular.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, herbie said:

Think Hornets might be playing this clever for IMG.

They are reporting sales in areas of the stand that are labelled "home" 

Oldham fans are obviously buying tickets in those areas. These are the seats around halfway so the most popular.

They've also been giving tickets away for free (all 2023 season ticket holders) and anyone who hasn't claimed a refund for tickets bought for the London game also automatically get a free ticket!  I hope we are not effectively subsiding their club as really they should give a 100% refund for the loss of last year's fixture.  Giving out tickets for a shared gate only costs them 50% of the proceeds as we cop for the rest.

There will be more Oldham supporters by a considerable margin. However, credit where credit's due. Pricing the game at £10 when people are generally struggling with the cost of living will have added a significant number to the attendance. Should be a great atmosphere and an interesting contest between the 2023 and 2024 Oldham team. Counting the days.

• Like 5

As a Swinton fan, I don't think I have ever been to a Rochdale game where they had more fans then us! I reckon it will be 2-1 in your favour in terms of fans and 46-12 in terms of on the pitch

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

"When you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get." -Homer Simpson

mark.gif

"I couldn't be more chuffed if I were a badger at the start of the mating season" Ian Holloway

Can anyone tell me where the reception is at Crown Oil Arena so I can purchase tickets on the day please?

Tony Mac

If you’re going through hell, keep going – Winston Churchill

21 hours ago, wozzeryedhead said:

It's at the back of the main stand, where you go into the car park. 

Thanks Wozzeryedhead, hopefully be able to get there on Sunday.

21 hours ago, wozzeryedhead said:

It's at the back of the main stand, where you go into the car park. 

Tony Mac

If you’re going through hell, keep going – Winston Churchill

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Just as I get to the last door on my Law Cup advent calendar too. Looks like Ill have to leave the Bentley in the garage get out my bumper book of rugby league word searches.

Stat warm, stay safe…not too long before the next King Cotton Derby.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

last club to pull out of a trip to The home of rugby league was from London. They too struggled to raise a team.

Hope you folks dont follow in their footsteps….you’d be missed.

Good luck for your trip to the dark side on Sunday.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2