Bradford Bulls no to Dual Reg

25 minutes ago, Ragingbull said:

Good to see the new boss coming in and knocking the DR nonsense on the head straight away. 

The over use of it last year was a big contibuting factor to Dunning getting the boot. 

Sub par players coming in not giving a toss about the badge, upsetting the camp leading to shocking results at both Keighley and Barrow amongst others. 

Hopefully only a few medium or long term loans this year where players can fully integrate in to the club just like Rogers did last season.

Needs must for your club in the past. I'm sure they didn't want to do DR, but they were skint. Now apparently not.

3 minutes ago, Mumby Magic said:

Month loans MLP. Like back in the day lol.

Only if the loaning club are ok with it. In today's market season long loans, even month loans don't count for much if the loaners want their player back. Call it what you want, if it's part of your recruitment, its dependency on another club

1 hour ago, iffleyox said:

I thought that was a function of the timing of the takeover. You can only spend up to the cap if there are the players to buy. The acid test for me would be what happens for the 2025 season, 2024 is going to have to be inherited players, signed players and borrowed players simply because you wouldn't normally be trying to put a squad together in November? And trying to do that while buying from a regime that really hasn't been splashing cash.

I know the new owner helped out on signings last season, but it's a daft man who'd put his hand in his pocket to build a whole squad before actually taking legal control.

Let's see what happens down the road. I don't like it, but I can excuse it in the current circumstances, on the assumption it's for back-up to the spine/squad players and not the spine. If Trin have to do it when it's been his train set for a season, then questions need asking, but for now it is what it is.

When Mr Lam arrived at the LSV after the end of the '21 season and in November he had 8 player's and had to recruit from there taking into consideration Mr Beaumont's 5 year plan, granted that Championship clubs with aspirations of going up now don't have to prepare for the 'sporting challenge" under this IMG systed as Leigh did, good innit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Wakefield have an Academy but have a dual reg agreement with Wigan this season, perhaps this is Mr Powell thinking he may require assistance this year, I thought that the new owner was a multi millionaire, why can't he spend up to the cap level for his club?

Think we will be full cap for the 2025 season apparently we are looking at players for the 2025 season already.  

Up the Trin 

I think, with the possible exception of Liam Tindall, what we were sent from Leeds last season was more trouble than it was worth.

Our best temporary player last season, by far, was Fenton Rogers, on loan from Huddersfield. 

There might well be loan players at the Bulls, but I see no need for DR when we have our own Academy.

5 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

I think, with the possible exception of Liam Tindall, what we were sent from Leeds last season was more trouble than it was worth.

Our best temporary player last season, by far, was Fenton Rogers, on loan from Huddersfield. 

There might well be loan players at the Bulls, but I see no need for DR when we have our own Academy.

...and a fair few added to first team squad. 

• Like 1

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Good, and all without having to earn it on the field of play, does that make you happy.

You were questioning if we were spending big next season.  New owner has only been in just over a month and we’re assembling a decent team on and off the field with more signings to come we should do alright.  Don’t know how we will work the Wigan duel reg wouldn’t be surprised if Sam Eseh comes back.  We’re staying full time, investing in already successful academy plenty happening on and off pitch so yes I’m happy.

Up the Trin