Loop fixtures

Can someone tell me why we couldn’t play at least  3 of the 4 loop fixtures in the opening 3 weeks of the season? Instead we have the ridiculous situation of games like Cas v Leigh being played on the same ground on August 2nd and September 6th, only 5 weeks apart. Total madness! And I expect other clubs have similar situations as well.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Cheadle Leyther said:

Can someone tell me why we couldn’t play at least  3 of the 4 loop fixtures in the opening 3 weeks of the season? Instead we have the ridiculous situation of games like Cas v Leigh being played on the same ground on August 2nd and September 6th, only 5 weeks apart. Total madness! And I expect other clubs have similar situations as well.

You only have to look at who is in charge and you have your answer.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, phiggins said:

The fixtures have gone out, with certainty over them taking place not even stretching to round 2, given the WCC is still to be announced. They've no chance of applying logic to loop fixtures.

Yes of course the Wigan v Leigh game,

Easy solution postpone Penrith coming over, but if they do I am going to have to dig out my 1991 'DAH DAH' Uniforms Jersey 😉

2 minutes ago, Jinking Jimmy said:

You don’t like Wigan, do you? 🤔

It's just an inbred thing Jimmy and inter town rivalry goes deeper than just the rugby, no offence meant.

I think that I have said this before but my Grandad born 1890's and massive Leigh fan would go to Wigan for the Leigh game (for many years that was the true Derby not Wigan v Saints) and if Leigh lost would walk all the way home and you had not to speak to him for a couple of weeks.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

It's just an inbred thing Jimmy and inter town rivalry goes deeper than just the rugby, no offence meant.

I think that I have said this before but my Grandad born 1890's and massive Leigh fan would go to Wigan for the Leigh game (for many years that was the true Derby not Wigan v Saints) and if Leigh lost would walk all the way home and you had not to speak to him for a couple of weeks.

Understood.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

I've seen it reported that Warrington play Catalans 3 times before they play St Helens or Wigan? Surely not?

4 hours ago, Fevrover said:

Are you surprised?

4 hours ago, Father Ted said:

Wigan play Huddersfield three times before they play Leeds.

It's poor it really is!

This is Rugby League in the 21st Century guys,

"Could not arrange a urinating jamboree in a beer production facility".

(Cannot go swearing in front of the clergy)

Edited by Harry Stottle
  • Like 1

Are they deliberately backloading some of our marquee games - Wigan/Leeds, Warrington/Saints to ensure they are spread through the season and to try and give the season a narrative that builds? Not sure how hard or easy such a thing is when you don't know how good those teams are going to turn out to be but it's worth a go.

2 hours ago, M j M said:

Are they deliberately backloading some of our marquee games - Wigan/Leeds, Warrington/Saints to ensure they are spread through the season and to try and give the season a narrative that builds? Not sure how hard or easy such a thing is when you don't know how good those teams are going to turn out to be but it's worth a go.

That's away from what SKY normally do MjM, the first tranche of fixtures is guessed at who will be doing well and what games will be attractive to the viewing public, then for the remaining weeks league placings are considered and upcoming fixtures selected on that criteria hence for the back part of last season we saw much more of HKR and Leigh than we did of Warrington and Leeds, I see no reason that format should be changed.