1895 Cup draw

HaxbyKnight

The Knights have qualified for the 1/4 finals of the 1895 Cup as the best placed runners up. The draw for the quarter finals to be played on the weekend of March 3rd is:-

Sheffield v. Batley

Bradford v. Swinton

Knights v. Oldham

Wakefield v. Barrow.

The semi final draw is:-

Bradford/Swinton v. Wakefield/Barrow

Knights/Oldham v. Sheffield/Batley

Edited by HaxbyKnight
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, HaxbyKnight said:

The Knights have qualified for the 1/4 finals of the 1895 Cup as the best placed runners up. The draw for the quarter finals to be played on the weekend of March 3rd is:-

Sheffield v. Batley

Bradford v. Swinton

Knights v. Oldham

Wakefield v. Barrow.

The semi final draw is:-

Bradford/Swinton v. Wakefield/Barrow

Knights/Oldahm v. Sheffield/Batley

Happy with that good shot at going to Wembley again and 2 home ties 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Puk said:

Don't think we could have asked for anything better, have a great chance of getting to Wembley.

I just hope Hendo picks our first choice 17, injuries permitting , in which case every chance of going to Wembley.

7 minutes ago, Expatknight said:

I just hope Hendo picks our first choice 17, injuries permitting , in which case every chance of going to Wembley.

He will , 1895 cup carries img points .

• Like 2

2 hours ago, georgeb1 said:

He will , 1895 cup carries img points .

Not many though (apparently) and only if we win. Elsewhere on the site, a (usually reliable) contributor reckons it's only worth the equivalent of one league place....

1 hour ago, RBKnight said:

Not many though (apparently) and only if we win. Elsewhere on the site, a (usually reliable) contributor reckons it's only worth the equivalent of one league place....

Yep. Winning the 1895 is worth 0.1 points. Each league place is worth 0.11 points. But it's emminently more possible than getting the 0.25 on offer for winning the Challenge Cup which is why we will not see a first choice 17 against Sheffield but we will see the strongest 17 we have available for the Oldham game.

Edited by JonT
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, JonT said:

Yep. Winning the 1895 is worth 0.1 points. Each league place is worth 0.11 points. But it's eminently more possible than getting the 0.25 on offer for winning the Challenge Cup which is why we will not see a first choice 17 against Sheffield but we will see the strongest 17 we have available for the Oldham game.

Can't argue with the logic, but a good cup run attracts a lot of interest, and can have a positive knock on effect on attendances. As fandom is also a part of the IMG plans, I think we should be paying the Challenge Cup a bit more respect when it comes to team selection. All any team wants in a cup competition is a home draw. We have got one, lets make the most of it.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, HaxbyKnight said:

Can't argue with the logic, but a good cup run attracts a lot of interest, and can have a positive knock on effect on attendances. As fandom is also a part of the IMG plans, I think we should be paying the Challenge Cup a bit more respect when it comes to team selection. All any team wants in a cup competition is a home draw. We have got one, lets make the most of it.

I do get that and do agree that, in an ideal world, we should be treating all competitions with the same respect. We've got some tremendous Cup achievements within living memory but, barring the semi defeat to Wigan, we haven't been in a position to win it. Clint did allude to the CC last year, particularly the Leigh game, being a stretch on the squad that they couldn't really afford in terms of fitness and availability. Losing a key player or two in, or as a consequence of, the Sheffield game could define our season in a most negative manner.

I suppose that is the harsh reality nowadays 😕 

Will be tough game against Oldham they have recruited very well and started the season unbeaten beating 2 championship sides and drawing with London in a friendly so not to be taken lightly.

Saying that the draw has been favourable it does give us a chance to get to Wembley.

1 hour ago, Mick the Miller said:

I see the Yorkshire Post have stated that Lino for Wakey has set a record for the most points in a single game with 38. Shame they can't remember Chris Thorman scoring 54 in the Challenge Cup in the record breaking 132-0 win in March 2011...

Most points for a single game for a Wakey player. Calm down.