Brits in the NRL: 2024 Edition

3 hours ago, John bird said:

Surely not?

QRL site lists an Elijah rasmussen winger born in rockhamton in 1999 which would appear to be a different player to the young kiwi/brit forward.

He was listed as 18th man for the dophins at home to toowoomba on 3 June 2023 but did not play and wasnt named again in 2023. Seems unlikely they would name a winger as 18th man.

The same elijah Rasmussen played regulary in the Redcliffe Mal Meninga cup side in 2023 as a prop and scored several times.

3 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

QRL site lists an Elijah rasmussen winger born in rockhamton in 1999 which would appear to be a different player to the young kiwi/brit forward.

He was listed as 18th man for the dophins at home to toowoomba on 3 June 2023 but did not play and wasnt named again in 2023. Seems unlikely they would name a winger as 18th man.

The same elijah Rasmussen played regulary in the Redcliffe Mal Meninga cup side in 2023 as a prop and scored several times.

What are the odds of something like that happening as Rasmussen is hardly a common name.

Still seems a bit odd to me too. Mal Meninga Cup has age limit of 18.

I am thinking that ‘other’ rasmussen listed on the QRL website is a mistake.

Will the real Elijah Rasmussen please stand up!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

Still seems a bit odd to me too. Mal Meninga Cup has age limit of 18.

I am thinking that ‘other’ rasmussen listed on the QRL website is a mistake.

Will the real Elijah Rasmussen please stand up!

Seems to be correct as there is a Elijah Rasmussen(winger) aged 25 named in the dolphins Queensland club squad and another Elijah Rasmussen(prop) currently playing in their mal meninga cup team who’s just signed a development contract with the dolphins 1st grade NRL team from 2025.

• Thanks 1

Still no Lewis Murphy for the Roosters NSW Cup side this week.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

39 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Still no Lewis Murphy for the Roosters NSW Cup side this week.

Must still be injured, so hard to find information regarding injuries in reserve grade, would be playing for Glebe in the Ron Massey cup if he had been dropped though. So 99% he is injured.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

was bateman injured or left out by the tigers today?

Pec injury.  Probably out for some time.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

On 22/05/2024 at 22:10, Dunbar said:

I was just looking to see if I could find out more about Elijah Rasmussen.

I couldn't, but I did see that there are two players named Elijah Rasmussen who play for the Radcliffe Dolphins.  That's quite a coincidence.

Remember when both Julian O'Neills played for Wigan?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Dunbar said:

Pec injury.  Probably out for some time.

I had a budgie with the same thing a few years ago

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

DY  paired back up with Manu for todays clash against the raiders - did he receive a single pass from his centre? maybe one? cant remember- anyhow, no tries for DY today 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

After being really impressed with Whitehead last week, we saw the worst side of him yesterday.  Competitive turned into niggly and he infringed too often.  Plus he was always in the ear of the ref, even when he had the ball in his hands and slowing his team down.

Midway through the second half he had an exchange with the ref he should have walked for.

• Like 1

On 24/05/2024 at 17:09, Futtocks said:

Remember when both Julian O'Neills played for Wigan?

I remember one playing for Wigan and one playing for St Helens but never together at the same team.

13 hours ago, John bird said:

I remember one playing for Wigan and one playing for St Helens but never together at the same team.

At Wigan, one had "O'Neill" on his shirt and the other one had "Jules". I think it was only for a season.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

34 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

At Wigan, one had "O'Neill" on his shirt and the other one had "Jules". I think it was only for a season.

What year?

the O’Neill that played for Wigan was a Aussie back from Brisbane broncos and the saints O’Neil was a kiwi prop from the Auckland warriors.

On 23/05/2024 at 14:06, John bird said:

What are the odds of something like that happening as Rasmussen is hardly a common name.

There was Elton Rasmussen who played for St George back in the 1960s and also represented Qld, NSW and Australia. The current Rasmussen(s) could be part of that family.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Over the last couple of years there have been 2 x Jack Williams at Cronulla - much more common name,of course. I think the halfback JW has moved on and the forward is now a regular NRL bench player but they would have played together in NSW Cup for Newtown.

The Titans had 2 x Tyrone Roberts and the lesser-known younger one started using Tyrone Roberts-Davis.

There were 2 x Sione Katoa around a couple of years back. One is the brother of Dolphins HB Isayia and the other one is the Sharks winger.

Edited by Farmduck
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Farmduck said:

There was Elton Rasmussen who played for St George back in the 1960s and also represented Qld, NSW and Australia. The current Rasmussen(s) could be part of that family.

The youngster at the dolphins appears to be of Māori/Polynesian heritage.

4 hours ago, Farmduck said:

Over the last couple of years there have been 2 x Jack Williams at Cronulla - much more common name,of course. I think the halfback JW has moved on and the forward is now a regular NRL bench player but they would have played together in NSW Cup for Newtown.

The Titans had 2 x Tyrone Roberts and the lesser-known younger one started using Tyrone Roberts-Davis.

There were 2 x Sione Katoa around a couple of years back. One is the brother of Dolphins HB Isayia and the other one is the Sharks winger.

There’s was also 2 Jeremy smith’s and both were kiwis.

2 hours ago, John bird said:

The youngster at the dolphins appears to be of Māori/Polynesian heritage.

Elton Rasmussen was born in 1936. His descendants could be about 80% Polynesian by now and still be named Rasmussen. The current Rasmussen could be his great- or great-great grandchildren.

• 2 weeks later...