Fri 8th Mar: SL: Leigh Leopards v Leeds Rhinos KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Leopards
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/03/24 at 20:30

3 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Can i just clarify.

Are we in a week where the game is gone because referee's are penalising high shots or are we in a week where the game is gone because they are not.

It is so hard to keep up.

The game is gone because we keep having close, exciting contests with referees clearly explaining their decisions and seeming to get most of the calls right.

I hate it.

Also they keep putting the score up on the screen and I don't personally like all the commentary crew.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

19 minutes ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

You may well be right.  However, as an armchair viewer a couple of hundred miles away, I was surprised that the video ref didn't ask for anything from the side to determine whether the player's foot was raised.  From the head on view, I, for one, couldn't tell whether his foot was or was not raised and I don't think either my eyesight or my telly are that bad!

The video ref won’t be looking at it on a tv sat in his armchair, anyway it was the correct decision.

fans moan when VR takes too long, fans moan when VR makes a quick and correct decision 

1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

What’s Leigh’s win/loss ratio after the challenge cup victory? Not pretty I would imagine, probably needs to concentrate on that rather than gobbing off on twitter.

It’s not pretty. Even after the semi final. But the games we lost towards the end of last season were all against teams that finished above, while we beat the teams that finished below us, so sort of understandable.

We’ve clearly had a poor pre season though, with only one friendly played to start adjusting to new rules. Kendall was a lot quicker to penalise the ruck than we’ve seen in the previous two games and the players simply didn’t adapt. 

I did think that both Ackers and Croft were lucky not to get cards however. Ackers under the head contact laws, and Crofts was a challenge I’ve always hated. He could easily have got out of the way of the player in the air and those challenges carry more immediate danger than most high tackles 

• Like 1

Watched the game this morning and have no idea what the imbecile is going on about. Leigh had some calls go their way, some go against them, none of which were game breaking decisions. Their discipline in the 2nd half was terrible, the 6 agains for markers were all correct, as were the ones Leeds gave away 1st half. Once Leeds got consistent ball the pressure broke Leigh, they were a mess which turned into a shambles once Lam went off.

Summing up, Beaumont is a moron in love with his own voice, and unfortunately his little sycophants encourage him rather than tell him to wind it in.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, dkw said:

Watched the game this morning and have no idea what the imbecile is going on about. Leigh had some calls go their way, some go against them, none of which were game breaking decisions. Their discipline in the 2nd half was terrible, the 6 agains for markers were all correct, as were the ones Leeds gave away 1st half. Once Leeds got consistent ball the pressure broke Leigh, they were a mess which turned into a shambles once Lam went off.

Summing up, Beaumont is a moron in love with his own voice, and unfortunately his little sycophants encourage him rather than tell him to wind it in.

What was your thoughts on Amones disallowed try ?

8 hours ago, meast said:

Would any of that be an issue if Leigh had won?

I think we all know the answer.

Yes we should gave got over the 3 head tackles it is still 13 v 13, you probably haven't seen them, come back to me when you do with an honest assessment of them. I was at the ground but we had the big screen to look at albeit more than 120 yards from my position. I wish I was techy enough to upload those incidents on here, sadly I am not, perhaps someone else might be.

Look I have been one of the few on these pages that has said the rulings brought in this year have gone to far whilst the majority of posters on these pages say they are absolutely nessacary, Mr Kendall seemingly complety ignored what has gone on previously whether by his own fruition or by some directive the RFL have secretly given to the refs and not bothered publishing/advising the public.

As I said let's wait till we see what Tuesday brings with the MRP, if there is no action given with regards those three 'head contact' tackles, then something will be sadly amiss considering their adjudications in the previous weeks.

48 minutes ago, tiffers said:

Maybe he had the other angle on one of his 7 cameras that no longer see in the live broadcast.

Either way, his foot is very likely to be in touch and the video ref made his call.

Despite whether decisions are right or wrong on the field, Derek has to realise that he is representing the game and has significant influence on the people in and around his club and community. Behaving as he did last night does nothing to promote RL in a positive light. It does a lot to undermine it. It damages it's image and promotes toxicity around the RFL, referees (name your culprit).

He has a responsibility to that end. If he feels as he should, there are places and forums for that discussion to happen in. It shouldn't be on twitter. It's the classic "them Vs us" that gets your followers on side and to hell with the consequences.

I had assumed that when we hear the video ref call for a particular camera, we are seeing exactly and all of what he is seeing, hence my surprise at no request for a side view.  I think potentially all the cameras can be shown on our TV screens.

I wholly agree with you that there is absolutely no justification for the subsequent Beaumont rant.  Bernard Guasch was rightly fined when he lashed out verbally after, I think, the GF defeat against St Helens.  So consistency dictates the same for Beaumont.

2 hours ago, LeeF said:

So he doesn’t understand the current protocols

I thought the current protocols were for the officials to take action against head contact tackles and moreso for direct head contact? please explain if I have misunderstood.

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

I thought the current protocols were for the officials to take action against head contact tackles and moreso for direct head contact? please explain if I have misunderstood.

They did take action, Leigh got penalties.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dunbar said:

Can i just clarify.

Are we in a week where the game is gone because referee's are penalising high shots or are we in a week where the game is gone because they are not.

Quite correct Dunny, but what amazes me is all those who championed the rulings in the first couple of weeks are keeping quiet about what they were spouting previously.

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Quite correct Dunny, but what amazes me is all those who championed the rulings in the first couple of weeks are keeping quiet about what they were spouting previously.

Doesn't amaze me nearly as much as those who say the ref's are killing the game then complaining when their side doesn't get a few penalties for high shots.

• Like 4

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 hour ago, Dunbar said:

Can i just clarify.

Depends if they're for or against you. HTH. 🙂

10 hours ago, Cheadle Leyther said:

I know why his upset. 3 high tackles by Leeds and no action taken, while in the previous home match Amone gets 2 matches for an accidental clash of heads. Also in his indecent haste to disallow the Hanley try, he never checked another angle to see if his right foot was in the air rather than on the line.

All fans get angry about random stuff in games. Only children pretend there’s some sort of conspiracy at play, and have a hissy fit threatening to take their ball home. 

The bloke is an absolute embarrassment. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Snowys Backside said:

What was your thoughts on Amones disallowed try ?

The double movement one, looked like they got it right to me.

Edited by dkw
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Doesn't amaze me nearly as much as those who say the ref's are killing the game then complaining when their side doesn't get a few penalties for high shots.

Leigh got the penalties, but not the action previously dished out by refs, which Leigh have been victim of.

9 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

The hypocrisy is hilarious isnt it, 2 weeks crying about refs ruining the game by being over zealous on high tackles. Yet all of a sudden when the refs have obviously pulled it back now under instruction, it's terrible that they aren't being over zealous. The idiocy of the RL fan knows no bounds.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Leigh got the penalties, but not the action previously dished out by refs, which Leigh have been victim of.

Yes, that's what I mean.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

2 minutes ago, dkw said:

The double movement one, looked like they got it right to me.

See your back now Leigh are losing, you didn't comment very much on them last season, you were very noticeable by your abscense.

By the way who are the 'sycophants'?

2 minutes ago, dkw said:

Yet all of a sudden when the refs have obviously pulled it back now under instruction

Can I have a link to that please, it would be much appreciated not to say applauded by me, but without hearing or seeing it from an official source I will consider we are still working on the same protocols from the start of the season.

25 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

They did. I’m struggling to understand your argument. Did you want reds and yellows because they were against Leigh?