Fri 8th Mar: SL: Castleford Tigers v Huddersfield Giants KO 20:00 (Sky/SuperLeague+)

Who will win?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • Huddersfield Giants

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/03/24 at 20:30

Very pleased with the win and the performance, despite some of our fans as usual getting giddy after 2 losses but decent performances against Saints and Wigan, that was a very good showing.

I was surprised at how Castleford capitulated though, I was a bit nervous when they got their second try and put us under pressure but once old boy Cudjoe scored with ease they were like flake on fire!.

And we let one of our own score their points too, how kind are we 🙂

Bring on the real dealers.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

FT: 8-50

Cas fans have the consolation of knowing that more of them will be able to sit down to watch games like this in the near future.

NEAR future? Don't hold yer breath lol.

It was quite sad last night, walking back up Wheldon Road after the game, there's usually that buzz, whatever the outcome, last night there was 10 Giants fans and an older couple from Castleford.

I get the Cas fans were disappointed and most left with 10 minutes to go but I've never seen Wheldon Road so forlorn after a game.

32 minutes ago, meast said:

It was quite sad last night, walking back up Wheldon Road after the game, there's usually that buzz, whatever the outcome, last night there was 10 Giants fans and an older couple from Castleford.

I get the Cas fans were disappointed and most left with 10 minutes to go but I've never seen Wheldon Road so forlorn after a game.

They'd just been pumped at home, they're hardly likely to be soul of the party afterwards. 

3 hours ago, Fevrover said:

NEAR future? Don't hold yer breath lol.

I think he's referring to the temporary glitter-rolling of putting seats in the Princes St stand.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, StandOffHalf said:

Cas must be glad that London are in SL this year.

Injuries or no injuries, they look pretty dire at the moment.

That's the problem. Cas know they are safe even if they finish bottom.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

Exactly- and this is improving the game ?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Exactly! I have always been against the notion of any league not having promotion or relegation.....in any sport.

It removes the value and integrity of the whole ethos of professional sport. We aren't bloody Americans where buying titles and championships is the norm.....it's totally against what I consider professional sport to be

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

Are they though?

A poor season on the field alongside the off-field elements could see them and London out to be replaced by Wakefield and Toulouse.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

I don't think they are safe.

It's entirely possible for 2 teams from the Championship to beat them on IMG scores.

It's why they are frantically glitter-rolling now.

3 hours ago, Fevrover said:

Rather than spaffing their little cash on journeymen or panic buys, they can invest in their youth setup and promote young players who would benefit from earlier game time than they would other wise 

2 hours ago, Ant said:

Rather than spaffing their little cash on journeymen or panic buys, they can invest in their youth setup and promote young players who would benefit from earlier game time than they would other wise 

You mean like they did in 2009-14 under licencing. Oh, hang on.....

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

You mean like they did in 2009-14 under licencing. Oh, hang on.....

If they still make stupid choices, that can't be helped. 

On 09/03/2024 at 09:09, PREPOSTEROUS said:

They'd just been pumped at home, they're hardly likely to be soul of the party afterwards. 

I've been to Cas plenty of times when we've beaten them and the fans had generally stayed until the end or been in the bars, I've never walked up Wheldon Road after a game where there hasn't been Cas fans walking back up, regardless of the result.

2 hours ago, JonM said:

Was there some reason why Lolohea threw the ball to Naiqama for the final try instead of just touching down himself?

To give Kev a try on his 250th appearance, great gesture by Tui, the coach and squad made a big deal about it, as they do with stuff like this, so it was Tui's way of showing some support to his team mate.

• Thanks 1

On 09/03/2024 at 09:53, StandOffHalf said:

Cas must be glad that London are in SL this year.

Injuries or no injuries, they look pretty dire at the moment.

I did have mixed feelings myself on Friday night. Happy enough to take the win, but for someone who's always loved the atmosphere at Cas, and the walk up and down the 'lane', before and after. The way Cas dropped off at the end was very concerning and must cause supporters some despair.

I do hope and believe things will improve. But with Wardy rumoured to have walked away because the money was rubbish and he'd had little or no say in the signings, things will not be changing overnight.

Fartown fans old enough to remember the 94 12 Yorkshire Cup mauling in 88 will know all about such despair! 

• Like 3