Dogs 🐕 v Tigers 🐅

A number of comments on the main forum, topic 6th round challenge cup, from fans of other clubs thinking they might come and watch Batley v Cas but have checked the Batley website and found that there is not even a mention of the game. 7400 views of this topic so far. And we wonder why the club can't attract larger gates! Some rather scathing comments about the club, lack of professionalism etc. Have to agree.

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, bromleybulldog said:

A number of comments on the main forum, topic 6th round challenge cup, from fans of other clubs thinking they might come and watch Batley v Cas but have checked the Batley website and found that there is not even a mention of the game. 7400 views of this topic so far. And we wonder why the club can't attract larger gates! Some rather scathing comments about the club, lack of professionalism etc. Have to agree.

It is quite shocking that there is no article or advertisement on the website. Went to purchase a ticket yesterday and it's not on the ticket website.

I noticed people mentioning lack of resources and whether volunteers could do more but when people offer up help or ideas, it seems to just get ignored, so what more can we do. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, bromleybulldog said:

It’s so hard to try and find the online ticket sales…. It should be the first thing people see when visiting the website… I had to trawl back through Twitter feed to find the link…. 

Away ftom the website (we've exhausted complaining about it, it resurrects beginning of each pre-season then blows up and leaves enthusiastic people like Mark Atack, a GIANTS FAN, to keep the club in view), from twitter feeds it seems that we again failed to deal with a high kick and gave 6 points away then conceded last tackle before the break..traits week on week, 10 points, pfht, gone. Did I expect an upset, I'm not too sure I did, did I get excited at 8-0 and 14-10, not sure I did then either but last week and this the term has been 'valiant' when last week the term should have been 'victors', this week could gave been 'Tigers sneak through' but I think we've let ourselves down a bit in both games. 1 league game loss might not matter in the scheme of things but regular errors will.

Edited by phildog
Detail.

The boys gave it there all today hard to decipher SL from CH great first half a bit of a replay from last week with Cas scoring at the death and early in the first half, no disgrace for our boys a couple of mishaps in front of there line second half instead of points and it could, have been more exciting, proud of the boys today  no shame in the defeat! Cas will be relieved they got thru the game, on to the league now which is more important to our guys! 

Edited by The scrim reaper
  • Like 3

Well done Batley. Following on from your two displays against Fev and now this. I hope you are as proud of your players as we are  proud of ours at Fev. Two super league clubs got hammered this weekend against their fellow super league opponents while two championship sides gave their super league opponents a run for their money. Well done.

• Like 7

I thought we played very well with the side we had out, player’s playing with knocks & illness in the camp 

We had a dig in but people who weren’t at the game are moaning about it being a problem under the high ball he got out jumped by the bigger & stronger player 

I thought our pack did damage also how good is Brandon Moore he was a machine 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Keep The Faith said:

I thought we played very well with the side we had out, player’s playing with knocks & illness in the camp 

We had a dig in but people who weren’t at the game are moaning about it being a problem under the high ball he got out jumped by the bigger & stronger player 

I thought our pack did damage also how good is Brandon Moore he was a machine 

Moore and Cooper, both top quality championship signings. You know what you're getting with those two. Plenty of years still left in both aswell. A couple more like that every season, keeps us solid. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, LINNERS said:

Makes you proud to support such a club.

Top article !

Maybe RL authorities should be made to read it once a week so they do not forget that this game is far more thyan just Super League !!

• Like 3