Friday 29th March : SL : Hull Kingston Rovers v Hull FC KO 12:30pm Sky Sports Action/Main Event

Who will win?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull Kingston Rovers
    • Hull FC

Discuss the SL game between Hull Kingston Rovers and Hull FC here without any inferences that the officials are anything but impartial please.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

May the good lord have mercy on our souls.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Old Frightful said:

Discuss the SL game between Hull Kingston Rovers and Hull FC here without any inferences that the officials are anything but impartial please.

Aw mate, what have you started this off for?

• Haha 2

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

I can't see it, but for the sport/neutrals it would be ace to see FC turn the real deal over and have the media looking for some new darlings.

On the other hand, it would be quite amusing, as well as cruel to see the blackandwhiteside get another embarrassing pasting.

I'm going for Hull I feel it in my bones (fishbones that is).

6 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

May the good lord have mercy on our souls.

Anything can happen in a derby. Could reignite your season, it’s a big motivator.

Rovers by 40 🤣🤣🤣

5 hours ago, daz39 said:

FC by 10 to leave the 50,000 locked outside Craven Park stunned.....

Only joking, Realdeal Rovers by 26.

Er…

3 hours ago, meast said:

I can't see it, but for the sport/neutrals it would be ace to see FC turn the real deal over and have the media looking for some new darlings.

On the other hand, it would be quite amusing, as well as cruel to see the blackandwhiteside get another embarrassing pasting.

I'm going for Hull I feel it in my bones (fishbones that is).

I see a theme developing. What is it about Hull KR that Huddersfield fans don’t like?

Hmmm…. 🤔 

image0.jpeg

A lot of Hull fans are saying they are dreading this. I can definitely see that point of view, but personally I think we are so bad it's almost a case of "how bad can it be really." I'm expecting the worst, I've already made peace with the fact that it might by a 50+ defeat, which in itself shows how truly awful this team is, or at least has been so far.

FWIW I think we will put in an improved performance and give them half a game for while, but ultimately we just aren't good enough. Rovers by 20

You can get 10/1 if you fancy a Hull win, which is a crazy price for a derby. The sad thing is I don't disagree with the bookies valuation. 

4 hours ago, MZH said:

A lot of Hull fans are saying they are dreading this. I can definitely see that point of view, but personally I think we are so bad it's almost a case of "how bad can it be really." I'm expecting the worst, I've already made peace with the fact that it might by a 50+ defeat, which in itself shows how truly awful this team is, or at least has been so far.

FWIW I think we will put in an improved performance and give them half a game for while, but ultimately we just aren't good enough. Rovers by 20

You can get 10/1 if you fancy a Hull win, which is a crazy price for a derby. The sad thing is I don't disagree with the bookies valuation. 

It’s a derby, anything can happen. I don’t think I’ve ever enjoyed a derby until we’re 3 tries up, and even then I still sit there nervously fearing the worst.

”Opportunity to re-start the season” is a strong motivator. 

Talking to a Rovers fan in the Tribal bar last night and he says he thinks we'll win.

That just about sums up the Hull Derby, Hull KR the biggest favourites, certainly in my memory, and someone reckons the underdog will win.

I just can't see it unfortunately. Back when I was at school in deepest darkest East Hull, probably 1978 and ten minutes walk from the old Craven Park ground, Rovers were fairly strong favourites but Hull went there and won 13-20. I think George Clark got a couple of tries and David Marshall kicked half a dozen goals.

Summat like that is unlikely to happen today. Back then the players had a bit of pride in the shirt and raised themselves for the Derby. This current rabble would struggle to raise themselves to get out of bed.

I feel for Tony Smith today, he's gonna cop a hell of a lot of stick. Whether he deserves it or not, how the team finish this season will give us an idea.

It's going to take a coaching masterclass to finish anywhere near halfway up the SL table by September. 

11 hours ago, Worzel said:

Er…

I see a theme developing. What is it about Hull KR that Huddersfield fans don’t like?

Hmmm…. 🤔 

image0.jpeg

Usually the bad language, threats of violence and general animosity of their fans BUT if you look at all my posts on the match threads you will see i tend to have a little bit of banter on them when writing my original opinions, they are my light hearted look at stuff, please don't take it personally (or boo at me) it's just me having a bit of fun with myself, nothing is ever written to cause offence or anything, lighten up and enjoy your weekend fella and let me have my fun 🙂

11 hours ago, Worzel said:

Er…

Hmmm…. 🤔 

image0.jpeg

I've got no issue with Hull KR, I'm just poking fun at the media and some fans' claims that they are some kind of superclub who everyone should be emulating.

I poke fun at my own and other clubs, it's not a personal thing, I use these forums a relief from the everyday grind.

Pardon my ignorance but not sure what relevance of the pictures?

2 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Talking to a Rovers fan in the Tribal bar last night and he says he thinks we'll win.

That just about sums up the Hull Derby, Hull KR the biggest favourites, certainly in my memory, and someone reckons the underdog will win.

I just can't see it unfortunately. Back when I was at school in deepest darkest East Hull, probably 1978 and ten minutes walk from the old Craven Park ground, Rovers were fairly strong favourites but Hull went there and won 13-20. I think George Clark got a couple of tries and David Marshall kicked half a dozen goals.

Summat like that is unlikely to happen today. Back then the players had a bit of pride in the shirt and raised themselves for the Derby. This current rabble would struggle to raise themselves to get out of bed.

I feel for Tony Smith today, he's gonna cop a hell of a lot of stick. Whether he deserves it or not, how the team finish this season will give us an idea.

It's going to take a coaching masterclass to finish anywhere near halfway up the SL table by September. 

Been texting our kid this morning. He's in Sicily at the moment. Reckons it's a good day to be there as there are several processions of believers mourning the crucifixion that he can join in with later.

• Haha 3

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

27 minutes ago, Ullman said:

Been texting our kid this morning. He's in Sicily at the moment. Reckons it's a good day to be there as there are several processions of believers mourning the crucifixion that he can join in with later.

Clearly, he's been inspired by my new signature.

• Haha 1