Sun 31st Mar: SL: London Broncos v Huddersfield Giants KO 15:00 (Sky/SuperLeague+)

Who will win?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• London Broncos
    • Huddersfield Giants

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/03/24 at 14:30

3 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

When you say early promise I assume you mean the initial crowd numbers? 

I said at the start of the year that by 6 winless home games in we will be way under 1000 home fans a game again....probably nearer 500

I know I won't be going again this year....rather watch Skolars in the Southern league and see a relatively competitive game. Plus I'll pick some choice northern games to go see

The only close-ish games we can even think of envisaging would be if teams do a 'Saints' and send down a youth squad because they fancy a bye and don't need the points 

That’s a myth the Saints team that went down there was good enough to beat most teams in the league. 

St Helens: Welsby; Swift, Naiqama, Percival, Grace, Richardson, Fages; Lees, Roby, Thompson, Paulo, Peyroux, Knowles.

that’s the team that lost to a drop goal. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Archie Gordon said:

Small in-goal, skiddy surface. I don't blame them.

Yeh but that’s a pretty negative mindset. They kicked once and scored . If you don’t roll the dice you’ll never know 

Bloody Hell the commentator loves Marsters.

”Too Big, Too Strong, Too skillfull, the incredible Esan Marsters” repeated a good 3 times

All he did was run a line mate 😂

Edited by NRLandSL
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Yeh but that’s a pretty negative mindset. They kicked once and scored . If you don’t roll the dice you’ll never know 

Not so sure. Watching all the SL games on Sky this Easter, I was impressed by the secure and safe way fullbacks and others handled high kicks on the last tackle both contested and uncontested. Very very few mistakes, so running on the last tackle well worth trying.

Edited by JohnM

21 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

I think when its so clear like that the VR should be able to judge on the forward pass. Also can we get rid of the live call, its ridiculous.

Not obvious to me, it was a rising ball and that can look forward from some angles.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

5 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Not so sure. Watching all the SL games on Sky this Easter, I was impressed by the secure and safe way fullbacks and others handled high kicks on the last tackle both contested and uncontested. Very very few mistakes, so running on the last tackle well worth trying.

Near the line they would be grubber kicks . Roll the dice , especially if you’re struggling , I don’t think conservative will get you far . IMO 

4 minutes ago, Padge said:

Not obvious to me, it was a rising ball and that can look forward from some angles.

True. How many times has the issue of forward passes been discussed on here. It's a sort of four- dimensional geometrical puzzle: x, y, z axes, plus t for time.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JohnM said:

True. How many times has the issue of forward passes been discussed on here. It's a sort of four- dimensional geometrical puzzle: x, y, z axes, plus t for time.

...and c for club.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Now that was definitely a try for me but again the footage was dodgy and the outcome would have been whatever the on-field ref said it was.

• Like 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.