Trinity home sunday

georgeb1

With dagger and keinhorst joining our growing injury list for the foreseeable future now is the time to give 2 of our own an extended spell in their correct positions , hopefully myles harrison taking the fullback position and goalkicking duties plus brad ward returning from his experience at newcastle  in the centre position , josh daley and hingano in the halfs and yet again were not a bad looking side , also AJ is due a return , i know it's the championships top side we are facing but it's only a year ago since a very unfancied knights side gave leigh quite a scare in the challenge cup

• Like 2

1 hour ago, georgeb1 said:

With dagger and keinhorst joining our growing injury list for the foreseeable future now is the time to give 2 of our own an extended spell in their correct positions , hopefully myles harrison taking the fullback position and goalkicking duties plus brad ward returning from his experience at newcastle  in the centre position , josh daley and hingano in the halfs and yet again were not a bad looking side , also AJ is due a return , i know it's the championships top side we are facing but it's only a year ago since a very unfancied knights side gave leigh quite a scare in the challenge cup

That seems too smart I’d imagine we are going to see myles at centre and then brown at fullback instead of an actual full back like donaghy or myles I’d like to see Brad ward back don’t think he’s had a proper chance and when he’s played I’ve seen signs of a quality player.

21 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

I'll be in Keswick for this one, thankfully. 

That’s the spirit 

• Haha 1

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

13 hours ago, Cam varley said:

That seems too smart I’d imagine we are going to see myles at centre and then brown at fullback instead of an actual full back like donaghy or myles I’d like to see Brad ward back don’t think he’s had a proper chance and when he’s played I’ve seen signs of a quality player.

Myles isn't a centre he's a full back or winger.

• Like 2

My advice is to get down early, watch the Valkyrie muller the poor Fev lasses for the 2nd week in a row, and then get plenty of drinks in to sooth away the pain of the rest of the afternoon (my plan anyway!)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RBKnight said:

My advice is to get down early, watch the Valkyrie muller the poor Fev lasses for the 2nd week in a row, and then get plenty of drinks in to sooth away the pain of the rest of the afternoon (my plan anyway!)

yeah , and pretend were only valk fans and are staying for the freebie against trin

• Like 2

Can't knock the effort and our injuries are depriving us of any real chance, thought we looked ok at times, first 10 minutes was the best we've played this season. Gannon looked good, Bailey had his best game since arriving. 

I know it's been said on numerous occasions, again by people sat in the stands today...... Why does hendo insist on playing Brown at full back, he's garbage as a full back. Lineham or Ward could have been in the centre, myles at FB??

Can't understand why TNW and severs were recalled when neither club had a game? 

Understand Jesse is out for a number of weeks

Things just get better

• Like 1

Can’t fault the effort. Just not big enough. That said I think the ref had a hand in for at least 5 try’s 

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

1 win in 7 games against fellow championship sides tells you we aren't good enough and before anybody says we have played Wakefield twice the games against them have been over by half time.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DEANO said:

Can’t fault the effort. Just not big enough. That said I think the ref had a hand in for at least 5 try’s 

When you lose experienced and good championship players like Kirkmond and Clarkson and replace them with young and inexperienced players you've got to look at the recruitment people and the coaching staff.

when the season started quite a few said we'd nowt to play for with IMG virtually closing promotion , now it looks like we'll be in a right battle with 3 or 4 teams to avoid the drop

at one point in the game there was a longish break while a wakey player left the field and we had a blast of the stupid music they insist on playing these days. next up we have a tap penalty 15 yards in front of our posts, the kneets seemed to have drifted off to sleep in the musical interlude, and teanby over runs the play by about 5 yards and we give a stupid sloppy forward pass. to me that just sums up the club at present more bothered about playing daft music to fill 'dead time' than actually focussing on playing rugby.

nobody pays to go and be blasted by snippets of overloud music. they pay to see rugby. lets start playing some.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Nearenough said:

at one point in the game there was a longish break while a wakey player left the field and we had a blast of the stupid music they insist on playing these days. next up we have a tap penalty 15 yards in front of our posts, the kneets seemed to have drifted off to sleep in the musical interlude, and teanby over runs the play by about 5 yards and we give a stupid sloppy forward pass. to me that just sums up the club at present more bothered about playing daft music to fill 'dead time' than actually focussing on playing rugby.

nobody pays to go and be blasted by snippets of overloud music. they pay to see rugby. lets start playing some.

Hmm, so your players are easily distracted by loud music? I guess a few Championship coaches will already be formulating some innovative plans.

• Haha 4

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

40 minutes ago, Nearenough said:

Yep especially annoying when it's played after the opposition have scored allowing their fans the opportunity celebrate even more.

Well quite a few people predicted it would be a struggle this year especially up front in the pack and so far it is coming to pass. 

Maybe a bit early but unless we get more size and quality in,staying up may have to be the goal this season. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Hmm, so your players are easily distracted by loud music? I guess a few Championship coaches will already be formulating some innovative plans.

ya dont need to be that innovative, just win the ruck and run at the inside shoulder, shud do the trick even without waiting for us to switch off n drift away to planet ####-up

Any team that takes to the field without 9 first choice squad players is going to struggle especially against Wakefield who have a playing budget in excess of £3million plus they are full time, there would be something seriously amiss if they hadn’t beaten us with room to spare. What concerns me more is that for a good portion of the game we lacked ideas, both in attack and defence, on a brighter note I think Hingano was excellent, we need him to keep fit and build on what he did , we need another Chris Clarkson or Tim Spears to direct play and tighten up the defence , we lack size and pace in the pack - their centres were bigger than our forwards and their forwards faster than our backs, it is still early days , but we do need to start winning.

• Like 2