2024 Challenge Cup Semi-Final Draw

26 minutes ago, phiggins said:

Leeds is east of Huddersfield, and you're not going to play a cup semi final at Fax or Bradford.

As in "having to travel". You're not exactly having to travel a massive distance? Wigan will likely be travelling to Headingley, if Warrington were playing Hull KR in the semi final, it would probably be held at Huddersfield.

We did in 2009. we hammered Leeds at Odsal.

5 hours ago, daz39 said:

I reckon ours will be at Salford or Leigh. 

We've yet to play a 'Lancashire' team in a semi final anywhere but Warrington or Salford recently.

The other will probably be at Headingley again.

Salford hosted Wire v Giants semi in 2012. It was very one-sided, 33-6.

Just now, Szymala said:

Salford hosted Wire v Giants semi in 2012. It was very one-sided, 33-6.

That's the season we capitualted 2/3rds through, players had downed tools and it was always going to be a battering.

1 hour ago, daz39 said:

Apparently were at St Helens on Sunday at 3.15 after Saints v York women's Semi.

No trains running either so that should be fun for our fans 😔

Living, as I do, near Huddersfield I can confirm that St Helens is a pain to get to by public transport from Huddersfield. There isn't even a direct train from Warrington.

Hoping it will be at Salford, that would the logical mid point.

• Haha 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

14 hours ago, Just Browny said:

Living, as I do, near Huddersfield I can confirm that St Helens is a pain to get to by public transport from Huddersfield. There isn't even a direct train from Warrington.

Hoping it will be at Salford, that would the logical mid point.

My daughter went to Uni in Huddersfield it was actually a doddle to get to and from but I think you had to go to and from Lea Green rather than St Helens Central. I remember being surprised how quick it was. 

2 hours ago, bobbruce said:

My daughter went to Uni in Huddersfield it was actually a doddle to get to and from but I think you had to go to and from Lea Green rather than St Helens Central. I remember being surprised how quick it was. 

Correct but currently there are no direct trains even into Manchester from Huddersfield, only from Marsden or Halifax.

Nowt like making it hard for a fan base that are known to not travel.

On 14/04/2024 at 19:54, ColD said:

LSV only holds 10,500 - they’d be hoping for more than that surely, although looks very good with a full house

Won’t be unreserved seating so should only be half of the Block in the East Stand Col. 

If it’s Hudds, then ample room for the drummer and the away fans 😂😂

Venues announced.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Headingley wasn't available that weekend, presumably because the complex is locked down prior to back-to-back Pakistan vs England games (womens followed by men) starting on the Sunday.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

23 hours ago, phiggins said:

I don't think the subsequent 15 years have been kind to Odsal.

I don't think the subsequent 15yrs have been kind to Huddersfield.

• Sad 1

On 15/04/2024 at 14:46, daz39 said:

Apparently were at St Helens on Sunday at 3.15 after Saints v York women's Semi.

No trains running either so that should be fun for our fans 😔

Saints v York Valkyrie is at Doncaster on the Saturday.

53 minutes ago, The 4 of Us said:

Can’t you all share a car? 

Nooo there'll be a few glory hunters come out for this, at least 3 coaches i reckon plus those in cars.

• Like 2

It looks like they've taken an approach of knowing HKR and Warrington will take more supporters to the semi finals than their opponents, so they've tried to maximise that by putting the games in venues as close as is realistically possible (without playing the first game at Hull FC). It's not a quick trip for HKR fans to Doncaster but there are direct trains and it's a damn site closer to drive to than it will be for Wigan fans. I believe Headingley wasn't available, so that won't have helped in regards to the first semi but for the second one, surely one of Leigh, Salford or Oldham would've been a fairer venue. On the plus side, at least Wigan fans (all 1,500 of them) will have a roof this year.