Fri 19th Apr: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Huddersfield Giants KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Huddersfield Giants

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/04/24 at 19:30

2 minutes ago, Phil said:

He was poor last season but he’s been very good so far this year 

Fair enough, I have not watched the Giants very much this season with having multiple choice games, but he was worse than just poor last season in my opinion.

To some extent my Smith Out mantra was a bit of a personal mission/joke, but I've not seen so many saying it at games ever before tonight. 

Definitely a growing feeling.

3 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

To some extent my Smith Out mantra was a bit of a personal mission/joke, but I've not seen so many saying it at games ever before tonight. 

Hey Tommy, you don't have to be at the game to make a judgement, as far as I can see he was brought in on a whim that he would prove to be and as good as his dad and uncle but not proving to be so, hard for you guys who support Leeds to put up with, but if you will please excuse me I don't mind at all.

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Hey Tommy, you don't have to be at the game to make a judgement, as far as I can see he was brought in on a whim that he would prove to be and as good as his dad and uncle but not proving to be so, hard for you guys who support Leeds to put up with, but if you will please excuse me I don't mind at all.

Haha enjoy. Its more entertaining than Leigh this year for you!

9 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Coventry are my team. As such I'm not sure I consider myself a fan of Rhinos. But I have 'followed' them for many years. I get that Smith was brought in to do a job and overhaul the squad but I think he's been given sufficient time now. There's enough talent in that squad to be doing better than they are. Change needed IMO

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OriginalMrC said:

Coventry are my team. As such I'm not sure I consider myself a fan of Rhinos. But I have 'followed' them for many years. I get that Smith was brought in to do a job and overhaul the squad but I think he's been given sufficient time now. There's enough talent in that squad to be doing better than they are. Change needed IMO

That is definitely the message I have been increasingly hearing. That squad is good enough to be better than the current results suggest. Good coaches don't need 2 and a half years to get results with the resources at his disposal. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

He might get the Hull gig if he gets the boot at Headingley. 

2 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

What on earth was said at half time??

I know exactly what was said, Watto said 'come on lads, Leeds are ***, get it together'

Edited by daz39

Well that was in interesting night!, it looked all too familiar in the 1st half as we exepcted our usual Headingley paggering against yet another poor Leeds side but boy did we show some character, behind by 2 scores twice and missed a hatful of conversions and still come out on top took a massive turnaround from us. 

We did them on the left side time and again with Swift and Marsters, with help from Livett and Connor, the right side wasn't bad either with Naiqama and Wallis finishing off superbly.

There's no greater sight to a Giants fan than the South Stand emptying while the game is still going on, it's beautiful, as was the right hook a steward gave to a dick in a Leeds shirt who twice tried to get onto the field while Jake was lining up a kick.

Just a shame we didn't wake up until the 41st minute or the South stand trumpet may have been silenced even earlier.

Up the Giants, trust the process!!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OriginalMrC said:

Leeds only have themselves to blame. No doubt Smith will blame the officials but they lost the game by attempting a short drop out and then messing it up.

Yup, he has!!

2 hours ago, LeeF said:

Newman went off with a back injury presumably because Marsters ran over and through him all match

Little 'Arry didn't want to play anymore....

2 hours ago, Agbrigg said:

If hudersfield had an half decent kicker this game would have  been over with 10 mins to go.

We have one but he can't get in the team at the moment, rightly so as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Probably the first time Marsters has run over anyone since he has been here. Newman flatters to decieve doesn't li e up to his billing very often.

Esan has been sensational this year and is easily our fans player of the year so far, those of us who know how it usually works said he'd come good this year as do most imports in their 2nd season but the bedwetters were having none of it and insisted we 'got rid' etc etc.

He's smashing it this year and good on him, he's also a likeable fella too.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, daz39 said:

I know exactly what was said, Watto said 'come on lads, Leeds are ***, get it together'

It might have been more like Leeds right edge are both injured so attack that side when they go off.

Hudds played that game perfectly whereas Leeds were dumb at crucial points.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

That is definitely the message I have been increasingly hearing. That squad is good enough to be better than the current results suggest. Good coaches don't need 2 and a half years to get results with the resources at his disposal. 

He’s not been at Leeds for 2 and a half years.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Damien said:

It clearly went backwards so not that amazing at all.

Knock ons are routinely given when the ball goes backwards, not sure this was an occasion where it did go backwards. A try was scored, be a while before you see a try from a fumble where it doesn't go up to the screen too.

No consistency in referee decisions is a justified routine theme in talk about the game.

Just watched the highlights, as i missed the last 20 mins due to going to work, but that last Hudds try intrigued me.

Didn't the Hudds player touch the ball in flight as he tried to intercept first ? And to top it off knock on a second time as he re-gathered ?

Deserved victory though, so fair play.

6 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

He’s not been at Leeds for 2 and a half years.

If he doesn't get it working this year and is still in place, then he will have been by the time we are good next season