Sun 28th Apr: SL: Hull FC v Leeds Rhinos KO 15:00 (Sky/SuperLeague+)

Who will win?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/04/24 at 14:30

3 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

I think with Jake Clifford still in B & W then we win that game.

Encouraged by the effort but we lack so much direction it hurts, still doing one up RL with only a minute or two left, ridiculous.

As has been said already, the young kids will learn from these games so there are some positives at least.

A month on the road now, will we be bottom soon?, I dearly hope not.

And Hull KR lend us a player...good grief, I'd rather they were taking the p*$$ than feeling sorry for us.

Think Clifford is off contract the end of this year.

19 hours ago, daz39 said:

I actually enjoyed watching that, 2 poor teams trying to out mistake each other and the game was in doubt till late on, a good battle.

Had to laugh at YoungJack Walker celebrating a Leeds knock on like mad then dropping the easiest pass ever a few seconds later.

Also i feel a bit sorry for the Charles kid, he's so young and raw and Hull are literally expecting him run the show for them, he looks a great prospect but there must be so much pressure on him already, he made some mistakes today but that's gonna be expected with the amount of responsibility he has already.

And did i see Sao trying to whack the ref's arms when signalling for the video ref?

anyway thankfully this Leeds win keeps Rohan in a job for a little bit longer so every cloud and all that 🙂

I disagree with the comments about Charles. When Trueman comes back Charles will get a break from first team responsibilities for a while I imagine. Until then it seems like we have just said to him, "you've got a little run in the first team, just go do your best and enjoy yourself." Expectations are at rock bottom, so there's really not a lot of pressure on him. I haven't heard anyone criticise him. We all fully expect a 17 year old kid to make mistakes. He looks like a real talent and hopefully he will learn a lot during this period.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gooleboy said:

I wonder what the powers that be down Headingley way saw in Frawley to decide to sign him? 

They have got previous in that dept Gooley, took the cost effective option many times in the past but this year knowing that Croft and Ackers would cost them started looking at the coffers, Frawley at best is a Championship player and what possessed a club of this size and wealth to buy a 29 year old whose main experience has been in reduced team number Rugby Union?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

They have got previous in that dept Gooley, took the cost effective option many times in the past but this year knowing that Croft and Ackers would cost them started looking at the coffers, Frawley at best is a Championship player and what possessed a club of this size and wealth to buy a 29 year old whose main experience has been in reduced team number Rugby Union?

Miller is great IMO, he’s entertaining, which is what Rugby is to me, entertainment.

Both him and Frawley were signed before Croft and Ackers by the way .

5 hours ago, MZH said:

I disagree with the comments about Charles. When Trueman comes back Charles will get a break from first team responsibilities for a while I imagine. Until then it seems like we have just said to him, "you've got a little run in the first team, just go do your best and enjoy yourself." Expectations are at rock bottom, so there's really not a lot of pressure on him. I haven't heard anyone criticise him. We all fully expect a 17 year old kid to make mistakes. He looks like a real talent and hopefully he will learn a lot during this period.

Ah yes, i'd forgot all about Trueman to be honest.

3 hours ago, Gooleboy said:

I wonder what the powers that be down Headingley way saw in Frawley to decide to sign him? 

Probably thought if they kee signing Ex Giants half backs they may get lucky one day, Rumour has it Ryan Hall is being joined by Danny Brough next year :).

2 hours ago, daz39 said:

Probably thought if they kee signing Ex Giants half backs they may get lucky one day, Rumour has it Ryan Hall is being joined by Danny Brough next year :).

Well he would be an improvement on what they have now!

51 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

Well he would be an improvement on what they have now!

According to Leeds fans Frawley was going to be an improvement on Sezer, we actually brought Sezer over to replace Frawley, they were both horrendous flops but someone at Leeds decided they'd be great additions 🙂

12 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Miller is great IMO, he’s entertaining, which is what Rugby is to me, entertainment.

Both him and Frawley were signed before Croft and Ackers by the way .

Opinions are what they are Chris , I have seen enough of Miller to realise that he has not a scooby doo about how a modern full back should play, that he may well be entertaining when he has the ball in hand after fielding a kick, but as for the technicalities of playing to the benefit of the team at Full Back he is showing that he neither has the application or the knowledge, (where is the coaching?) I see that you do not mention Frawley why? you did big him up pre season.

Maybe Miller and Frawley were actually signed before Croft and Ackers, but I wonder how long the Salford players had been on the radar down Headingley way and the financials had already been taken into account? and most likely interclub, player agents and player discussions re contract length, remuneration, bonuses etc were discussed prior to the transfers becoming public knowledge.

Edited by Harry Stottle
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, dkw said:

Miller with the ball - Entertaining for his fans.

Miller without the ball - Entertaining for the opposition fans.

In what way? His positioning and defence has been fine, his biggest brain farts have been with the ball so your post doesn’t really stack up.

54 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Opinions are what they are Chris , I have seen enough of Miller to realise that he has not a scooby doo about how a modern full back should play, that he may well be entertaining when he has the ball in hand after fielding a kick, but as for the technicalities of playing to the benefit of the team at Full Back he is showing that he neither has the application or the knowledge, (where is the coaching?) I see that you do not mention Frawley why? you did big him up pre season.

Maybe Miller and Frawley were actually signed before Croft and Ackers, but I wonder how long the Salford players had been on the radar down Headingley way and the financials had already been taken into account? and most likely interclub, player agents and player discussions re contract length, remuneration, bonuses etc were discussed prior to the transfers becoming public knowledge.

Trust me Ackers and Croft were bery much last minute - especially Ackers.

I didn’t big up Frawley at all I said he was signed to do a specific job one which hes been underwhelming so far. I'm not one for writing players off (especially overseas ones) 9 games into a season either.

As you say its all about opinions and  I Like Miller.

Edited by Chrispmartha

9 hours ago, daz39 said:

According to Leeds fans Frawley was going to be an improvement on Sezer, we actually brought Sezer over to replace Frawley, they were both horrendous flops but someone at Leeds decided they'd be great additions 🙂

You seem a bit obsessed with Leeds.

3 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

In what way? His positioning and defence has been fine, his biggest brain farts have been with the ball so your post doesn’t really stack up.

I don't think it has been fine, granted I've only seen it on TV but he`s often in the wrong place defending close to the line, doesnt seem to understand where to be to "sweep up" behind the line. Hes exciting to watch with the ball in hand, has some weird bump off think that defenders were initially struggling with but seem to have got to grips with now (no pun intended). 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dkw said:

I don't think it has been fine, granted I've only seen it on TV but he`s often in the wrong place defending close to the line, doesnt seem to understand where to be to "sweep up" behind the line. Hes exciting to watch with the ball in hand, has some weird bump off think that defenders were initially struggling with but seem to have got to grips with now (no pun intended). 

We’ll have to agree to disagree, his positioning has been better than I expected.

He’s 2nd in the tackle bust charts, and has made some fantastic breaks that not many in the league can manage (he did very well in the NRL with this aswell) and has the highest average carries per game.

not sure teams ‘have got to grips’ with it as you suggest.

18 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

We’ll have to agree to disagree, his positioning has been better than I expected.

He’s 2nd in the tackle bust charts, and has made some fantastic breaks that not many in the league can manage (he did very well in the NRL with this aswell) and has the highest average carries per game.

not sure teams ‘have got to grips’ with it as you suggest.

Again, this is just from watching on tv but he doesnt seem to be getting away from tacklers as much as earlier in the season, it would be interesting to see the spacing of the breaks as I've a feeling the majority would be in the earlier matches.

Obviously theres every chance I`m completely wrong on this also 😁

8 minutes ago, dkw said:

Again, this is just from watching on tv but he doesnt seem to be getting away from tacklers as much as earlier in the season, it would be interesting to see the spacing of the breaks as I've a feeling the majority would be in the earlier matches.

I can’t be bothered checking them all really but he’s made 5 & 9 tackle busts in his last 2 games

1 hour ago, dkw said:

There was a change in the first game Saints played against him he was virtually untouchable in the first half. Then in the second half Saints took the time and space away from him and seemed to get more control. The same in the game the week later Saints seemed to have more control of him. That’s not to say he isn’t a threat but clubs do seem to have a better idea of how to handle him. 

6 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Just like his brother, where is he lately Daz ? He usually likes to put the boot in as well when Leeds are poor. And yes Chris they are obsessed they've had the losing,choking mentality for years.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Just like his brother, where is he lately Daz ? He usually likes to put the boot in as well when Leeds are poor. And yes Chris they are obsessed they've had the losing,choking mentality for years.

I'm obsessed with them losing and signing our rejects to try and reclaim former glories, after all they used to tell us what a poor club/team we were but now deem those not good enough for us as potential messiah's for their own club, that's amusing 🙂

As with the other club off the M62(606) we always said the tide will one day turn so make sure you can take the banter back!!!.

13 minutes ago, daz39 said:

I'm obsessed with them losing and signing our rejects to try and reclaim former glories, after all they used to tell us what a poor club/team we were but now deem those not good enough for us as potential messiah's for their own club, that's amusing 🙂

As with the other club off the M62(606) we always said the tide will one day turn so make sure you can take the banter back!!!.

Yet we reached a GF with one of your ‘rejects’

I don’t think anyone suggested Frawley was the potential messiah, that’s entirely in your own head.

Thankfully we have some talented youngsters coming through, and you do have a Rhinos reject at 6 remember 😉

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Giants fans are obsessed with FC  and Leeds. So this thread is perfect for them. 🙂

Edited by jacksy

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.