Newcastle 5th May.

jroyales

We are top after the Midland game on points difference - 6. Sadly for Newcastle, we have to really put the points on the board to strengthen our position.

This I feel means putting our strongest team out so really entertaining the crowd. We don't want a lack lustre event like the Cornwall game. 

• Like 2

Been some talk on the Midland page about the side to face Newcastle. Like I have said we want the quickest half backs we have. PLT at 7, Craven at 6 and Astley at 1 would be my shout.

We have to pile the points on and importantly be entertaining. I still feel points difference will count at the end of the season.

No criticism of Ellis he is carrying some weight but he's not a runner,he's an organiser and a distributor. craven is more direct with Astley/PLT are his legs from the back.

• Like 1

O.R.L.F.C FOREVER!!

7 hours ago, jroyales said:

Been some talk on the Midland page about the side to face Newcastle. Like I have said we want the quickest half backs we have. PLT at 7, Craven at 6 and Astley at 1 would be my shout.

We have to pile the points on and importantly be entertaining. I still feel points difference will count at the end of the season.

Given yeds play keighley three times that would require one game being drawn or one or other team dropping points to someone else.

The nets did their best to help on Sunday. If we played 39 minutes each half it would have been a draw.

13 minutes ago, Anita Bath said:

Given yeds play keighley three times that would require one game being drawn or one or other team dropping points to someone else.

The nets did their best to help on Sunday. If we played 39 minutes each half it would have been a draw.I

I think it boils down to Oldham winning all their other games and making sure they can win one of the games at Keighley.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Anita Bath said:

The nets did their best to help on Sunday. If we played 39 minutes each half it would have been a draw.

Having seen both Keighley and Oldham, what is your view of their relative merits?

Difficult because we had our strongest team out at the weekend but were ravaged with injuries when we played Oldham.

In the first half keighley started to run away with the game but unlike against Oldham, with our best XIII playing we pinned them back and almost snatched a draw in the last minute.

One thing for sure…our halves are the match of anyone in the league…but with Ridyards age theres always the challenge of keeping him on the field.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

Difficult because we had our strongest team out at the weekend but were ravaged with injuries when we played Oldham.

In the first half keighley started to run away with the game but unlike against Oldham, with our best XIII playing we pinned them back and almost snatched a draw in the last minute.

One thing for sure…our halves are the match of anyone in the league…but with Ridyards age theres always the challenge of keeping him on the field.

Else certainly looks very good. I think Ridyard would probably be exposed in a very physical game these days. Good player, though.

Edited by Bert Street
Spelling

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

I'd have Astley at half rather than Ellis and the enforced change with Wardle and then keep the rest of the team the same. Rest a few of the older lads for the Cornwall game ready for the massive Keighley game.

• Like 1

• Like 3

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

19 hours ago, canadian roughyed said:

We have hospitality on Sunday, I remember someone asking on here about how it works. Can some point me in the right direction .

You go through the doors to the right of the fans bar, show your tickets to the guys at the desk then head upstairs. 

1 hour ago, roughyed8 said:

show your tickets to the guys at the desk then head upstairs. 

And knock 3 times?…they may not see much, if any, —of a normal rugby game!😎🤫