SOLD OUT

"Union" can't do that. Nobody is permitted to in fact for reasons of insurance and health & safety guidelines.

In a modern stadium, the numbers are calculated in real-time as each ticket is scanned at entry points.

The official figure (not a rounded-off figure you might see in a news article) will be an actual number of tickets scanned.

Not sure if the 17k thing applies to anything other than the stipulated events at Wembley of which the CC is one

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that can and does happen, and I agree that it is frustrating, especially when thousands of fans have had to sit up in the Gods because these prime seats aren't being used.

:angry2::angry2::angry2: Thats me, sat up in the Gods :(:(

Just Hope Club Wembley is full :angry:

I believe that can and does happen, and I agree that it is frustrating, especially when thousands of fans have had to sit up in the Gods because these prime seats aren't being used.

That would be another great option - the opportunity to upgrade your seat to the CW block (for a small premium) on the day, when it's obvious how many Club members have taken their seat.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

That would be another great option - the opportunity to upgrade your seat to the CW block (for a small premium) on the day, when it's obvious how many Club members have taken their seat.

Although a good idea it would probably be a large premium as Club Wembley is more than just a better seat isn't it? In reality it is probably not very practical.

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

I would like to see the 'bonus profit' generated from the sell out,to be split with the Championship 1 Clubs who need the money,rather than a few thousand 'extra' to the SL Clubs,where a couple of thousand will make little difference.

Although a good idea it would probably be a large premium as Club Wembley is more than just a better seat isn't it? In reality it is probably not very practical.

You can get them priced relatively reasonably on ebay (or you certainly could in previous years). I think you just get access to a couple of nicer bars and toilets and maybe a free programme.

Maybe they have different levels...

You can get them priced relatively reasonably on ebay (or you certainly could in previous years). I think you just get access to a couple of nicer bars and toilets and maybe a free programme.

Maybe they have different levels...

Dave your right, just been on Ebay

see link :- http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Carnegie-Cup-Final-C...s-/190431562314

Cheap as chips at the mo..

Thoughts? Where are all these spectators during the rest of the season?

The most hypocritical comment ever posted on this board.

This is my 34th (I think) final. I've never seen my team play in the final or a semi-final. Its the RL family's big day out in the big city. Its a pity you can't quite grasp that.

The most hypocritical comment ever posted on this board.

This is my 34th (I think) final. I've never seen my team play in the final or a semi-final. Its the RL family's big day out in the big city. Its a pity you can't quite grasp that.

Everyone knows it is the big RL day out, or northern invasion of London as it is refered to by my colleagues. The point that was being made is that Leeds and Wire will likely bring 25k each, so if Wire for example average 11k of home fans a week, it is where is the extra 14k of fans week in week out that will come to support them at wembley?

For me, what this suggests is these people like an 'event' so if more wire games become events they will attend more games.

Everyone knows it is the big RL day out, or northern invasion of London as it is refered to by my colleagues. The point that was being made is that Leeds and Wire will likely bring 25k each, so if Wire for example average 11k of home fans a week, it is where is the extra 14k of fans week in week out that will come to support them at wembley?

For me, what this suggests is these people like an 'event' so if more wire games become events they will attend more games.

No, it suggests that any final anywhere in the world is more attractive than a bog-standard game.

Cup finals are events that get the whole towns involved and always have been. People use the term glory-hunters, and that's up to them, but I don't necessarily agree. We are going in a group of 12 this year, and probably only 2 or 3 of us could be classed as regulars (I don't attend regularly but my Season Ticket does!). People bring their wives, husbands, kids etc who wouldn't normally attend.

There is no surprise, and 25k fans at Wembley will never ever equate to 25k at a regular home game.

No, it suggests that any final anywhere in the world is more attractive than a bog-standard game.

Cup finals are events that get the whole towns involved and always have been. People use the term glory-hunters, and that's up to them, but I don't necessarily agree. We are going in a group of 12 this year, and probably only 2 or 3 of us could be classed as regulars (I don't attend regularly but my Season Ticket does!). People bring their wives, husbands, kids etc who wouldn't normally attend.

There is no surprise, and 25k fans at Wembley will never ever equate to 25k at a regular home game.

Exactly.

If Wire get 250 season tickets for next season out of the 25k attending it will be a bonus for them.

The sell out financially supports the game as a whole that does not have too many top level income streams.

There were some good marketing initiatives this year such as the

If you look at big events such as the FA Cup, Heineken Cup, Six Nations and Champions League Final etc these are dominated by bandwagon jumpers.

RL is no different it seems.

I like watching RL, but support no particular club, as I was born and bred in the East Midlands. I'm taking my young son to Wembley for the first time. Why do you sneer at people like us as bandwagon jumpers?

"Union" can't do that. Nobody is permitted to in fact for reasons of insurance and health & safety guidelines.

In a modern stadium, the numbers are calculated in real-time as each ticket is scanned at entry points.

The official figure (not a rounded-off figure you might see in a news article) will be an actual number of tickets scanned.

This is true from the stadium's point of view, but what is quoted as an 'attendance' in the media is sometimes the tickets sold, not the number attending, which is why you sometimes see two different 'attendance' figures. Really each number should be accompanied by an explanation of what it is a measure of.

I like watching RL, but support no particular club, as I was born and bred in the East Midlands. I'm taking my young son to Wembley for the first time. Why do you sneer at people like us as bandwagon jumpers?

Wendal is referring to Wire fans jumping on the bandwagon, not the neutrals.

Enjoy your day, Wembley is amazing, just you wait and see. :D

Rugby League day out for all. :wub:

This is true from the stadium's point of view, but what is quoted as an 'attendance' in the media is sometimes the tickets sold, not the number attending, which is why you sometimes see two different 'attendance' figures. Really each number should be accompanied by an explanation of what it is a measure of.

Thats more about lazy jouralism than anything else though.

I dislike this obsession with average league gates with cup final attendees.

The word 'average' refers to the typical number of people at a single game at any time during the season. This means therefore that whilst the average may be 11K, there were in reality many more supporters who went to games that season, even when you take the away following into account in these figures.

The word 'average' refers to the typical number of people at a single game at any time during the season. This means therefore that whilst the average may be 11K, there were in reality many more supporters who went to games that season, even when you take the away following into account in these figures.

I'm the same, it doesn't make any sense to criticise a club for being able to take so many more to a final, especially as this happens in all sports. For instance I remember going the pub for Liverpool's Champions League finals and they were far more packed than for typical league games, these weren't glory hunters. The interest is inevitably higher amongst all types of people.

As for your other point, I could use my own experience as a case in point. For me RL is a family thing and there are about 7 who would go during the course of a season. Now it's very rare that all 7 of us would go at once, and sometimes it might even be none of us who would make it. For a final, especially a Challenge Cup final, all of us would go and there would be interest from other family members who nearly never go like my sisters and my mum.

There's nothing wrong with this at all. A final is a final and attracts people who only have a minimal interest. If Wire did managed to get 30,000 fans to go games every week, then they would be able to bring 70,000 to a final. It's just the way of the world.

I don't understand. I thought the average attendance was the total attendance at all games divided by the number of games

The average of any set of quantities can be found by adding all the numbers together then dividing by the number of quantities in the set. i.e. average = total of quantities / number of quantities

I don't understand. I thought the average attendance was the total attendance at all games divided by the number of games

The average of any set of quantities can be found by adding all the numbers together then dividing by the number of quantities in the set. i.e. average = total of quantities / number of quantities

Pretty sure he means that an average of 11k doesn't mean that the same 11k go every game and in fact the reality might be as many as 30k will go at some point during the year.