Away game at Oldham RL

RogerT

Best team won today. Well done Oldham. Wish I'd stayed at the wrong ground now.

Why on earth did we take 2 points when 6-0 down and 5 metres from their line?? It's direct surrender to the opposition - "we don't think we can score against you, with 6 tackles and sat practically on your line". Reminded me when we did the same at Barrow the other year. Same outcome.

Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

13-2 penalty count in the 2 ND half to Batley,Batleys first try came after 3 consequences of penalties, Oldham by far the better team

Is anyone disagreeing with you?

Not sure what point you are making about the penalties - if you don't want to be penalised, don't commit the penalties.

I thought oldhams defence was outstanding. They played for each other. We simply had a bad day. Those batley fans who left 20 minutes before the end of the game should have more respect. Walking out disgusted that we were losing. Already on the Kear Out campaign after our 2nd loss of the season. Seriously, give yourselves a shake.

The lads didn't give up and got 2 try's late on. Chandler and Hirst got through a ton of work. I think Oldham's defence stunned us and we weren't anywhere near as enthusiastic about the game as the opposition.

Well done to Oldham. The best team won today. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Agree about the supporters - and not sure why some of them were booing at the end of the game. Teams lose - it's not as if they have played like that all season.

Booing a part time team, who's effort has never come into question is totally wrong. The tactics may have been questionable, but JK ain't done bad so far this year. I think we hit a wall today, which I saw coming. Looking at the next fixture, we shouldn't have a hope, but with this manager and team, you couldn't back against us.

It's incredible how much we are missing the strike play of Chris Ulugia too!

Positives.

Just a bad day at the office, effort was there, stuff just didn't come off. One dimensional play hasn't been a hallmark of this season, nothing suggests it will continue.

Even though Oldham were better, we should still have undeservedly been in front at half time. Brad Day scored a try, then was held up and the try not given. This was right in front of us, no questions. Reittie didn't seem to do anything but challenge for the ball in the air when his try was ruled out, and a proper centre would have scored Brev's knock on try in his sleep.

And finally, we could be Bradford!

Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

Very poor,

Didnt even notice Brambani and Southernwood do anything of note and our once fearsome pack was bullied all afternoon.

I hear Rowe broke a thumb too, thats a big blow for us.

Lets hope its just abad day at the office but the defence has been appalling in recent weeks so this has been coming.

Play like that next Sunday and we'll get a hiding at London.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

Perhaps its what we needed. Then again this is batley and we all know consiatency is short lived. We are however still 2nd in a very tough division so thats not to be sniffed at!

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Perhaps its what we needed. Then again this is batley and we all know consiatency is short lived. We are however still 2nd in a very tough division so thats not to be sniffed at!

And there's still the Million Pound Game to look forward to.

:tongue:

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Hark at you bsj.

Id not swop you second for 8th thats for sure.

Arent the average joes bolstering your 17?

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Oldham started the season well without winning against London and Leigh. Good win against Dewsbury and then lost the plot against Workington. Only played after being 30 points down against Fax and 24 down at Swinton. Can't comment on Fev because i didn't make it. And so there was a real need for a reaction and what looked to me to be a complacent Batley side got caught out. I still think you'd settle for where you are in the league before the season began. Good luck for the rest of the season and look forward to the return at your place. 

I think the only people who have to watch that DVD are the players, in fact I'd make em watch it twice on the way to London :drag:

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Archived