Steve Evans

Confirmed by his god brother and Arthur Bunting's son Paul, what a tough year he's having.

(Apologies for the swear word in there but you can't really blame him)

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Silky skills and effortless grace are my memories of him - RIP 

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

8 minutes ago, Ullman said:

Desperately sad news, I'm genuinely shocked to hear it. Steve must still have been a relatively young man.

Looks like he made his Fev debut in 1976 so I'm guessing he was around 58/59 ish.

Like Roy suggests, he looked like he was gliding across the pitch when he ran, he used to be the king of the intercept.

RIP Steve, it was an absolute pleasure watching you play.

1 minute ago, Old Frightful said:

Looks like he made his Fev debut in 1976 so I'm guessing he was around 58/59 ish.

Like Roy suggests, he looked like he was gliding across the pitch when he ran, he used to be the king of the intercept.

RIP Steve, it was an absolute pleasure watching you play.

I'd've guessed about the same - a bit younger than me. Absolutely one of the classiest players of his time. He didn't run so much as glide through defences. RIP.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

One of Hull FC's more reliable sources of news says he died whilst on holiday in Sardinia.

2 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

Did a lot of good work outside of the game.  Good player, great bloke.  So sad to see him pass at this age.  RIP Steve.

He did indeed, working for Dove House in Hull for some time, if memory serves.

Steve was a true gentleman. He was kind and appreciative of effort. Featherstone as a club was fortunate to have him both as a truly gifted player and also as a steady hand at the helm when he was Rovers chairman. At 59, his sudden death has come far too soon. My sincere condolences go to his family and friends at this time. RIP Steve.

Archived