Rams in Tetley's Stadium ground-share talks with Wakefield

Tom Coates

Semantics on my part I know but a ground-share implies a partnership - surely this is a tenancy?

Good news on the finance front if this comes off, depending upon which division Wakefield play next season of course.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Easy peasy BSJ, which ever division Wakefield are in do a double header just like Sheagles and Donny this year.

Cheers Roger.

Semantics on my part I know but a ground-share implies a partnership - surely this is a tenancy?

Good news on the finance front if this comes off, depending upon which division Wakefield play next season of course.

All that is certain is that there are talks between the two clubs regarding Wakefield Trinity Wildcats playing home matches at The Tetley's Stadium in 2016.

But my understanding is that discussions are along the lines of a tenancy.

Tom

Hopefully the extra cash will allow us to terrace the other end of the ground

Other than aesthetics James, why would we want to do that?

I appreciate that you are too young to remember but I attended many matches at Crown Flatt which had terracing on all four sides. I can assure you that the demand for space behind the posts was strictly limited.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Other than aesthetics James, why would we want to do that?

I appreciate that you are too young to remember but I attended many matches at Crown Flatt which had terracing on all four sides. I can assure you that the demand for space behind the posts was strictly limited.

Few reasons really, of course there's the aesthetic as you said, it would be nice for those odd few games when we get a big attendance aka Bradford to get close to 5k. It means spending the money on something long term ie not squandering the money.

www.dewsburyramstv.co.uk - free highlights service

Few reasons really, of course there's the aesthetic as you said, it would be nice for those odd few games when we get a big attendance aka Bradford to get close to 5k. It means spending the money on something long term ie not squandering the money.

£200K for a once a season game sounds like a low priority to me but there is nothing wrong with ambition.

"Build the ground and they will come" as they say in Batley.

Put some nice grass seed down. That will look nice and won't cost much.

Interesting I wonder if they may come to Dewsbury if they are in the Championship if they stay up then maybe they will move to Oakwell.

Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

Your gaff won't do for SL

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Your gaff won't do for SL

Piggy, this is Wakey we're talking about. All they have to do is promise the RFL that Tetleys will be upgraded at their own expense, sometime in the near future, and the gullible sods at Redhall will buy it - as usual. That should see them OK for at least another couple of seasons.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

but what if they build a new stand behind posts?? A lot of wakey fans wanting it go ahead with joint season tickets or some kind of promotion to fill he ground every week. 5,000 isn't big enough for SL true

Well their current capacity is only 4000. As Grumpy says this is Wakefield we're talking about - promising to upgrade Belle Vue since the year dot.

Also, you may not have noticed but they claim that they are having to move out of Belle Vue as the £250k p.a. rent is unsustainable. Does this sound like a club capable of building anything with their own money?

Fortunately MS is a clever businessman and won't let them take him for a ride. If there is a deal that clearly benefits Dewsbury he will continue talking; if it doesn't then I guess he won't.

Merely an observation fella, no need to be so defensive.

next time you observe try look at back a sticks for other half. ;)  not going to be on the defence as am quiet happy with whats been done by hard work/sponsership and fans £££ over the past 10 years for sure,infact am rather proud when other fans say our place looks "mighty fine", hedeous is a word you dont hear often. :pickeat:

I fully agree. Just think if we did have it it would equal Batley's "half stand" as most hedeous in RL!

and why does half a stand look "hedeous"..in your illiterate little mind ?....if your going to be a heckler at least learn to spell.. :taunt:

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

Archived