Uninteresting Trivial Facts

Stirling is a very strange town. It doesn't half remind me of a small version of Bradford. The train station is the best bit of the town so far.

On topic though: the centre of Inverness is further west than the centre of Glasgow

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Adding to the sense that time has passed Stirling bye is that the train line isn't electrified.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

"Depart at rainy Grantham for sunny Skegness". :P. I think the train conductor is bored.

Adding to the sense that time has passed Stirling bye is that the train line isn't electrified.

The line to Hastings isn't electrified and nobody could say that time has passed ... oh.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

When I was born in 1971 apparently there were just over 3.8bn people alive.  Now there's over 7.2bn. 

When I was born in 1971 apparently there were just over 3.8bn people alive.  Now there's over 7.2bn. 

Have you ever considered using birth control?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Have you ever considered using birth control?

My dad has a lot to answer for...

A chap is coming tomorrow to Chateau Timtum for a photo shoot.  I've promised my wife that I won't do anything risqué or that I might regret by the following morning.

Just bought a ticket for Glyndebourne.  The Tour rather than the Festival so formal wear is optional.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

A small (£232) tax rebate just dropped into my bank account. Considering I only submitted my 2014 tax return online last Sunday, that's a four-day response. Impressively quick!

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

Just listened to some bloke called Tim, who makes sausages, on the radio.

Edited by Bedford Roughyed

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

They do give me a nice bit of publicity every now and then them two (Radcliffe & Maconie).

And I managed to mention rugby league!

Hope I didn't come across as too much of a posterior….

They do give me a nice bit of publicity every now and then them two (Radcliffe & Maconie).

And I managed to mention rugby league!

Hope I didn't come across as too much of a posterior….

I wasn't really listening... then heard the words sausages and Rugby League...

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

I wasn't really listening... then heard the words sausages and Rugby League...

If ever there was a combination of words to make a chap wotsit up his ears….

Edited by timtum

There's an advert on the regional paper's website (East Anglian Daily Times) that says "Did you know that the EADT is available to view online?".  Nope, I didn't, thankfully your website helped me learn that you have a website.

First day back at work today after two weeks off on sick leave. Not enjoying this at all. It's sunny and nice outside and I am stuck here ploughing through 100s of unread emails and I have a very dull telecon due to start in 15 mins.

First day back at work today after two weeks off on sick leave. Not enjoying this at all. It's sunny and nice outside and I am stuck here ploughing through 100s of unread emails and I have a very dull telecon due to start in 15 mins.

Unless it's a web teleconference with functionality that shows who is speaking, why not liven it up with a few noises during the call.  Maybe some heavy breathing, the occasional fart, background music or similar.

Unless it's a web teleconference with functionality that shows who is speaking, why not liven it up with a few noises during the call.  Maybe some heavy breathing, the occasional fart, background music or similar.

Sadly there's a web option for controlling the call (even if no slides) so you can see which line the noise is coming from and mute or disconnect them if you feel that way inclined. Have to play nicely.

My internet connection with BT is suffering as part of their national problem with their routing to most internet sites.  TRL is one of the very few sites that I can access.