Uninteresting Trivial Facts

that's the jobbie, I always eat the top half first and leave the cream filled bottom( ooerr missus ) til last :D

Thats the ticket Biggles, I'm feeling quite giddy now.. onward to the scales Algernon !!

And so the future begins...

No, its star wars day :P

No, definitely bunny day.

Allow me to introduce "Cookie"...

DSCN0003.jpg

DSCN0004.jpg

DSCN0001.jpg

A "rescue rabbit" from a place called Rabbit Ritz on the edge of town.

Boarding for hols, manicures and pampering, and no rabbit ever turned away, whatever it's health, and subsequent cost healing it. Re-houses the unwanted, or keeps them if unwanted at all. They got a couple they are "stuck with", but don't seem to mind that much.

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

'scuse the ignorance, but what exactly is bunny day and what do you do on it?

does it involve pastry and an oven :huh:

No.

You buy your daughter a pet rabbit.

see above.

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

Its my sixteenth wedding anniversary today.

I'm still snowed in, and therefore on my own. :(

And how did you spend your wedding anniversary Mr Timtum? I shovelled some snow and made some sausages....

Over to you VRG :D

Since when was Monday Pork night :huh::D

I had pork steaks for dinner last night. Marinated/marinaded* in a red wine, herb and garlic sauce. Mash, carrots and peas :)

* which is it? marinated or marinaded? Both work in my spell checker! :(

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

I had a curry from Tesco's last night. Quite mild, because I was sharing with daughters who don't like spicy curries.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

On the subject of pork. I noticed above a mention of belly pork. I had a right old disagreement with a restaurant owner about some I ordered last week. It turned up and it was over half fat with stringy tasteless lumps of meat making up the rest, the fat on top was still soft with absolutely no crackling at all. I sent it back as it was awful. The owner was most displeased and he said there was nothing wrong with it.

Now, was I right and his chef simply didn't know how to cook pork belly or was I being overly fussy?

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

I'd say you were right, the meat should be fall off the bone ( as it were) tender, the crackling should should be crisp and salty / seasoned

fat on pork should only really be soft when it is the fat on the side of a pork chop ( a pork chop with the kidney still on BTW) B)

Thanks :) I was quite annoyed at there being no crackling at all, the outside of the fat was simply browned by something, maybe gravy, and was nothing but soft jelly-like fat that I was able to simply swipe off with a knife leaving the stringy meat underneath. Even then, there were a few thin layers of meat with substantial bits of more jelly-like fat between them. ##### awful doesn't do it justice.