What Are You Listening To - The Reckoning

Went to see Midlake last night. Very good once the soundman switched the mud button on the mixing desk off.

I've just ordered their CD 'The Courage of Others'.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

Free download of Mr Scruff's DJ set from his gig in Birmingham last Friday. Six hours of reggae, soul, hip hop, afro-beat and leg wobbling tunes.

Really admire the way Mr Scruff operates. Gives out free download vouchers to all the people at the gigs, gives out t-shirts to the stewards, runs a tea shop at the venue and hangs around after to talk to people. Plus he plays all night (six hours) and makes sure everyone has a good time.

Midlake - the Courage of others. Nice, if maybe a little too laid-back.

Broken Bells - Broken Bells. Still getting into this. Interesting

Zulu Spear - Welcome to the USA. African Rock music; 'Chin up' is a superb song, with Zulu harmonies and crunchy guitars.

Rob Wasserman - Duets. Bass virtuoso Wasserman plays with various guests, from St

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

just listened to washington square serenade by Steve Earle

Good album. Danny Baker played the track 'Satellite Radio' a few times on his show, which made me check it out.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Good album. Danny Baker played the track 'Satellite Radio' a few times on his show, which made me check it out.

it's a lovely album

i'm a big admirer of steve earle

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

At the mo, I'm mostly getting my ears around I Am Kloot - Manchester three piece with a natty line in ascerbic bitterness - and China Shop Bull from Leeds - an 7 piece thrash-ska juggernaut of a band that sounds like a jumbo-jet sh@gging a fire engine.

Both awesome live.

IMAG0394_zpsvjvgze6q.jpg

Bought the new Courteeners album, Falcon, yesterday, very impressed after the first couple of listens. Also downloaded an album called 11:11 by Maria Taylor, again great stuff, "Song beneath a song" has a gorgeous melody.

Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers - Dont Come around Here No More.

really looking forward to his new album. dates have been anounced for his US tour. I have my fingers crossed he may play over here but its been a while since he toured Europe.

Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers - Dont Come around Here No More.

really looking forward to his new album. dates have been anounced for his US tour. I have my fingers crossed he may play over here but its been a while since he toured Europe.

I can recommend 'Runnin' down a Dream' - a 3 DVD & 1 CD set. Two of the DVDs are a superb documentary about the band and the 3rd is the Anniversary gig in Gainesville. The CD is a collection of unreleased stuff, which isn't exactly essential, but nice to have.

His latest release, however, is a monster box set of live performances. It comes in various different forms, but the 'de luxe' version runs to nine discs - CDs, DVDs, Blu-Ray and Vinyl, plus other goodies!

LINK TO DETAILS

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I can recommend 'Runnin' down a Dream' - a 3 DVD & 1 CD set. Two of the DVDs are a superb documentary about the band and the 3rd is the Anniversary gig in Gainesville. The CD is a collection of unreleased stuff, which isn't exactly essential, but nice to have.

His latest release, however, is a monster box set of live performances. It comes in various different forms, but the 'de luxe' version runs to nine discs - CDs, DVDs, Blu-Ray and Vinyl, plus other goodies!

LINK TO DETAILS

Very nice his new album Mojo is due for release soon checkout the Sample track on his website. Thinking of treating myself to a HDCD copy.

tonight I will be listening to The Stereophonics, in Hoodtown

Commiserations, mate. ;)

Ralph Waldo Emerson

King's X - Gretchen goes to Nebraska. Haven't listened to this in at least 10 years. Liking it lots. :)

Ralph Waldo Emerson