Sign in to follow this  
hindle xiii

Food and drink thread

2 hours ago, Bearman said:

00EB825C-17A0-4AE5-9104-AEA76F5B0484.jpeg

I would have to get my timing right in telling my Geordie mates that the Stotty was a Yorkshire product. When I am up there everything goes on a Stotty . Ham and pease pudding, Sausage and pease pudding or full breakfast are the favourites.

4 minutes ago, Mumby Magic said:

Smoked Bacon, black pudding butty with a dab of bbq sauce. Better than sex.

If you're going to do a full monty... it needs black pud... and toasted homemade bread

20200515_095912.jpg

• Thanks 1

I will take one thing away from Lock Down, & it will be flavoured rice. I have fallen in love with Uncle Ben's, & Co-OP rice. It is groovy.

Sex and Money are like Oxygen

They're not important until you're not getting enough.

Chicken pie $3 in Jamaica, $2.50 in Barbados, these are the true Pie rates in the Caribbean. 

5 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

I will take one thing away from Lock Down, & it will be flavoured rice. I have fallen in love with Uncle Ben's, & Co-OP rice. It is groovy.

I haven't tried the Co-op version, but I find Uncle Ben's rice a bit claggy. Flavoured rice, on the whole, is a good thing. Cooking rice (or couscous) in stock with herbs and spices makes it much more interesting. You're heading towards risotto territory, and that's a good way to go.

• Like 1

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

Should have been off to france from hull tonight. Been in an absolute pig of a mood.

The memsahib has just made fresh scones jam and cream to cheer me up...... it worked !😊

I think when we went into Lockdown, I saw a Jamie Oliver did some quick cook meals, and he came in from some negative criticism on this thread, just watched it again, & he is spot on. Rubbish business man, good chef.

James "smug b*$tard" Martin is a pain in the a***, professional Yorkshireman who lives in Hampshire. Numpty.

29 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

I think when we went into Lockdown, I saw a Jamie Oliver did some quick cook meals, and he came in from some negative criticism on this thread, just watched it again, & he is spot on. Rubbish business man, good chef.

I've never questioned his abilities as a chef, a cookbook writer or his campaigns to improve school food, and other causes.

Everything else about him, on the other hand, makes me want to punch him in the mouth.

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

I've never questioned his abilities as a chef, a cookbook writer or his campaigns to improve school food, and other causes.

Everything else about him, on the other hand, makes me want to punch him in the mouth.

Oh they just love the little sod here in Rovrum....😂😂

1 hour ago, Bleep1673 said:

James "smug b*$tard" Martin is a pain in the a***, professional Yorkshireman who lives in Hampshire. Numpty.

I like jimmy martin.... I'm not bothered where he lives....I could live in New Zealand and I'd still sound like I'm frum baaaarrrnsley. 

I like a lot of what jimmy martin does...

The memsahib salivates all unnecessarily when he's on telly.   

AinThe memsahib has just put four leffe ruby away in the sunshine and is now fast on purring like a kitten.....

Time for me to open a bottle from the far north of Scotland....

Slainthé mo charaidean

It turns out that if you buy lots of wine, the cellar door will reward you by sending you some free plonk and an online wine tasting event.

Peterson's is a lovely drop 

51 minutes ago, MattSantos said:

It turns out that if you buy lots of wine ........

.........  you get drunk and turn into a hoarding, lockdown loving lazy lefty. "As soon as my house closes, as soon as my house closes the revolution starts ..."

Tuna Nicoise tonight, absolute magic.

Edited by Oxford
  • Sad 1

Wilkinson's little pie shop is re-opening at donny market this morning....

My day has already brightened.... there's a reason I'm the size of an oak tree!!

On 07/05/2020 at 17:34, Bearman said:

00EB825C-17A0-4AE5-9104-AEA76F5B0484.jpeg

One of each please.