Wembley Challenge Cup Final 2010 - The build up

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leeds for me, Wendels constant swamping of his overhyped Warrington ###### he posts daily has nothing to do with my decision though.

I understand, tbh.

Wezza is on "ignore" here in Duckville.

His heart's probably in the right place, his brain possibly isn't....

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

Is that when you tackle a bloke instead of a bird, the "chap" shot.

Bailey - a chap shot. That defo was a typo! Also, what did you do the first time you quoted my post!! You jumbled the sentences up!!! Haha!!

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

Good lads, we didn't fight the war of the roses for nothing.

yes ,but i'm sure trojan will correct me if i'm wrong ,but i think our area fought on the lancastrian side ,the southerners were the yorkist's mainly

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

I'm going to try to remain neutral but I think if they play the form the were in today Wires will be to good for Leeds & win by 4-6 points. Although I don't think either team will get over 30 points.

"I've never seen a woman with hairy ears... And I've been to St Helens" - John Bishop

Surely league position indicates Leeds are the underdogs ;)

Who cares, We'll be there :P

Guess you'll be cutting your holiday short ;)

I owe you a pint :D

Wembley Wembley the Famous Warrington are off to Wembley

Wembley Wembley the Famous Leeds Rhinos are off to Wembley

Following Warrington's victory in the Carnegie Challenge Cup semi final, it has been confirmed at that the Rhinos will wear our away kit at Wembley because of the clash of colours between the two clubs.

http://www.therhinos.co.uk/news/14618.php

Leeds wore this kit last month at the HJ Stadium and there was still a colour clash with Wire's primrose and blue!!!!!

Wire should have been made to play in red and green, it would make it a lot easier on TV.

come on wire you can beat the yorkshire donkey's......whatever colour they play in.

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

Ray french's commentary will be fun for this one ;)

Don't get me wrong, Ray French talks a lot of sense about RL. He really does. His weekly column is one of the few good things in the League Weekly. Unfortunately, as a commentator his best days are well behind him. His player recognition is at times embarrassing. If he were commentating on a more high profile sport, he would've gone years ago.

Just a point about the Leeds away kit. Do away kits have to be a different colour from the main kit, because the Leeds one seems to be just a variation of the normal colours. As shown with the clash with Warrington's kit, it's no real alternative to the home one.

Don't get me wrong, Ray French talks a lot of sense about RL. He really does. His weekly column is one of the few good things in the League Weekly. Unfortunately, as a commentator his best days are well behind him. His player recognition is at times embarrassing. If he were commentating on a more high profile sport, he would've gone years ago.

Just a point about the Leeds away kit. Do away kits have to be a different colour from the main kit, because the Leeds one seems to be just a variation of the normal colours. As shown with the clash with Warrington's kit, it's no real alternative to the home one.

I thought that, as an away kit this proves it doesn't work. Although they are used differently nowadays, they are still meant to be used when a colour clash occurs. However their kit still results in just as bad a colour clash.

If the RFL had any sense they would switch this right away, to Wire's genuine away kit.

I thought that, as an away kit this proves it doesn't work. Although they are used differently nowadays, they are still meant to be used when a colour clash occurs. However their kit still results in just as bad a colour clash.

If the RFL had any sense they would switch this right away, to Wire's genuine away kit.

Agreed, but should Leeds have had a better alternative kit? I seem to remember Bradford made a kit (yellow?) especially for the 1997 CC final when their kit clashed with that of St Helens.

Not to worry - Dave Woods is commentating on the final, as he did last year. Ray has "retired" from doing the finals and is the BBC's second choice commentator and Dave Woods is first.

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010