• Warrington
    • Hull FC
    • Draw

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wire enjoying the rub of the green, and taking full advantage

Westwood for man of steel, fantastic player of the game.

Even as a Wire I am sorry but Westwood is nowhere near as skillful as Super Sam or Ellis.
Wazza's main industrys are service industries, call centres, warehouses and the public sector nowadays. All three are under threat from the Tory cuts.

forward pass anyone?

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I've only just noticed, Warrington on telly yet no Brian Carney to try stay impartial.

Eddie seems to have taken on the mantle. God knows how they didnt go to the vid ref for Westwoods try, a blatant double movement.

Craig Hall anyone? Wire's offloads have killed us tonight.

Nice to meet 1976PMJWires tonight. He actually seems like a normal guy. Obviously nothing like his forum persona. (Only kidding mate).. Bit fed up after that performance but if we'd played less dumb football and not made as many mistakes in our own half it may have been a bit closer. Well done to the Wire, even after tonight.i I can't see me cheering for Leeds next week.

Well my prediction of a 30 point win was way off. All credit to Hull they took the game to us and deserved their lead Overall I thought we deserved the win and was dissapointed to let Hull score in the second half. We will certainly have to step up a notch or two for necxt week and I hope Monaghan#s injury is not too serious, he was still limping on the pitch at the end of the match.

Reasonable, but not brilliant, scripted try highlights on SSN.

TBH, tries with flat pass issues, seen at full speed from 1 angle, nothing blatant from my chair.

4th up for grabs.

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

Just back from the pub after going to the game.

To be honest it was to quote Jimmy Lowes another ''2nd gear'' Wire performance against a Hull team without a creative spark. Hull have a good pack and they did well but backline wise they dont have a single player who I would want at Wire (apart from maybe Tom Briscoe but he aint a patch on Ryan Atkins to be fair).

I feel blessed

I have just witnessed the very first 40-20 pass that resulted in a Try

:lol: :lol: deffo top 4 now Wire..all forward passes and double movements allowed now :P

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

Reasonable, but not brilliant, scripted try highlights on SSN.

TBH, tries with flat pass issues, seen at full speed from 1 angle, nothing blatant from my chair.

:lol:

One was thrown on the 20m line and caught 17m out, yep real flat

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.

He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.

And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

Warrington 72 Hull 12 ...... Well it would be nice ;)

Wires 34 Fc 12 .......... FFS please be a Wire win.

Happy with a win.

Met with some Hull fans before the game ;) , real fans, real gents, good luck in 2 weeks.

Hull will be dangerous in the play offs, esp with loads of players to come back .

Just back from the pub after going to the game.

To be honest it was to quote Jimmy Lowes another ''2nd gear'' Wire performance against a Hull team without a creative spark. Hull have a good pack and they did well but backline wise they dont have a single player who I would want at Wire (apart from maybe Tom Briscoe but he aint a patch on Ryan Atkins to be fair).

Atkins is not in the same league as Briscoe.

Decent win in the end. I expected a tough one like this, but we certainly helped keep it close with poor ball retention. Defence generally heldup well, just a horrendous miss by Riley (personally if Bridge is back next week, I would have Riley out of the team), and a lucky bounce off the knee caught us out.

There was plenty of good fortune for us I think it's fair to say, it would have been interesting had Westwood's try been referred. I think it would have been disallowed, although personally feel it would have been harsh as his momentum was nowhere near stopped.

Thought Riley's first try was forward but tbh, had we been more clinical it could have been a frightening score. Atkins still has some development, but his running with the ball is outstanding, and at times he was terrorising the Hull defence.

With Briers, I'd like to think that we would have been much slicker and ruthless.

Decent win in the end. I expected a tough one like this, but we certainly helped keep it close with poor ball retention. Defence generally heldup well, just a horrendous miss by Riley (personally if Bridge is back next week, I would have Riley out of the team), and a lucky bounce off the knee caught us out.

There was plenty of good fortune for us I think it's fair to say, it would have been interesting had Westwood's try been referred. I think it would have been disallowed, although personally feel it would have been harsh as his momentum was nowhere near stopped.

Thought Riley's first try was forward but tbh, had we been more clinical it could have been a frightening score. Atkins still has some development, but his running with the ball is outstanding, and at times he was terrorising the Hull defence.

With Briers, I'd like to think that we would have been much slicker and ruthless.

Can't argue with much of that Dave. Personally I wondered if the score would have been more before the game but reasonably pleased with our efforts. Having said that, in the second half we allowed far too many offloads giving our defence more work than was otherwise necessary. With that, we tired and gaps appeared far too often.

I'd like to think when Long and Horne are back, we'll pose a lot more problems. We are hopeless attackingwise when they're both missing, ie. all but four games this season. :(

Re Westwood's try, he may have had momentum but once your elbow has hit the deck, you can't lift your arm to put the ball down which is what he did IMO. I reckon he would have scored anyway as he was sliding over IIRC.

Atkins broken field running was very damaging but he might not have looked as impressive against a sterner defence.

Once again, Tom Briscoe amazed me. His ability to score in such tight situations is remarkable.

The game v Leeds at the KC is nicely set up now, although I fear once again, we may come second.

Can't argue with much of that Dave. Personally I wondered if the score would have been more before the game but reasonably pleased with our efforts. Having said that, in the second half we allowed far too many offloads giving our defence more work than was otherwise necessary. With that, we tired and gaps appeared far too often.

I'd like to think when Long and Horne are back, we'll pose a lot more problems. We are hopeless attackingwise when they're both missing, ie. all but four games this season. :(

Re Westwood's try, he may have had momentum but once your elbow has hit the deck, you can't lift your arm to put the ball down which is what he did IMO. I reckon he would have scored anyway as he was sliding over IIRC.

Atkins broken field running was very damaging but he might not have looked as impressive against a sterner defence.

Once again, Tom Briscoe amazed me. His ability to score in such tight situations is remarkable.

The game v Leeds at the KC is nicely set up now, although I fear once again, we may come second.

I thought it was a very encouraging performance from Hull, especially with five of our seven first choice backs sitting in the stands. With the pack at full strength (touch wood) and our half-backs returning we could still rattle a few cages. We're clearly not good enough to win the competition, but we could have some fun along the way. Really looking forward to the Leeds game now.

Agree about Tom Briscoe, another astonishing effort.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Atkins is not in the same league as Briscoe.

Agreed. There isn't a three-quarter in the country I'd take over Tom B.

Reece Lyne is coming along nicely too.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.