The TV Thread

2 hours ago, bazzzz65 said:

Being a jazz fan, really enjoyed BBC4 last night and on Friday evening. There must have been as much jazz on those two evenings as on the previous how many years.

It's odd that, isn't it? You'd imagine Jazz is out of fashion, it isn't. You'd think Jazz fans have all but disappeared, they haven't.

Did you see the Anat Cohen track I put on the What are you listening to thread?

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

10 minutes ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

The best sitcom. I maintain that "The Queen of Sheba" is television perfection. 

The one where they want on holiday to the Pearl of Prestatyn and came home because there was no chip pan . I honestly thought I’d popped a rib laughing 

21 hours ago, DavidM said:

I’ve watched two comedies on prime time BBC 1 .... Blackadder II and The Royle Family . Still brilliant , still make me laugh out loud and better than owt around now

Beer episode makes me cry with laughter, "Great Booze-up, Edmund" then watching him squirm his way out of that line. Blackadder at his best.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

The best sitcom. I maintain that "The Queen of Sheba" is television perfection. 

2nd best- just behind " early doors"

Edited by graveyard johnny
  • Like 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Talking of classic sitcoms, Yes, Prime Minister is on BBC4 right now, with another episode afterwards.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 hours ago, DavidM said:

Have I Got News For You is past it’s sell by date  . My word they could do with putting it out of its misery , even the laughter was forced . It used to be funny 

I haven't watched that in years, must be at least 10 years since I last saw an episode and it wasn't great then. BBC seem to keep too many shows going well past their sell by date just because they get ratings and they seem to think they have become a bit of an institution. QI, Mock the Week, A Question of Sport to name a few. 

• Like 1

Anyone watched that quiz show, 'Winning Combination' on ITV? Don't know if it's a new show but I've only seen it in the last week or so. I thought Tipping Point was the quiz show for thickos but no, this show is so easy it is unbelievable. I watched an episode and I honestly got every question but one right. There was maybe two questions I paused to have a think about but 99% of the time I just reeled off the answers in a split second. I'm not boasting about my general knowledge, just highlighting how easy this show is. 

5 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Anyone watched that quiz show, 'Winning Combination' on ITV? Don't know if it's a new show but I've only seen it in the last week or so. I thought Tipping Point was the quiz show for thickos but no, this show is so easy it is unbelievable. I watched an episode and I honestly got every question but one right. There was maybe two questions I paused to have a think about but 99% of the time I just reeled off the answers in a split second. I'm not boasting about my general knowledge, just highlighting how easy this show is. 

It could be, and has been, far far worse.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I treated myself to Disney+ to primarily watch The Mandalorian (Star Wars spin-off TV series).

As I’m late to the party, I’ve been able to binge watch the first series in one go over a few sittings.

I agree with those who say it’s a cross between Sci-Fi and Spaghetti Western in style.

I won’t spoil the story, but it’s an enjoyable romp with many a nod to the original trilogy films I grew up with.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bleep1673 said:

Does anybody, apart from the paranoid & Journalists, watch the daily, depressing Coronovirus government warning, every day?

No. I have Radio 4 on quite a bit while I'm working, so I'll hear all the important pre-leaked details before the televised photo-op anyway. And if Johnson's presenting it, it means I already have the useful bits and don't have to endure his empty bloviation.

Edited by Futtocks

Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Adam Hills, always a good advocate for our sport. Watching The Last Leg and he is live streaming from a hotel in Melbourne wearing a Warrington Christmas jumper. 👍

Sorry, I'm not watching tonight's show. Not with that ghastly self-publicist presenting it in Adam's absence.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

18 hours ago, Futtocks said:

. Not with that ghastly self-publicist presenting it in Adam's absence.

not sure who you mean as that could be 99 percent of people on tv

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile