Sign in to follow this  
Bleep1673

Football

They have been around a good while, Always entered the FA Cup, I can remember watching them in Harrogate in the 1980's

play Blyth Spartans. I suspect they will be well supported in Yorkshire. Very pleasing to me.

3 hours ago, Trevorkfevfan said:

I suspect they will be well supported in Yorkshire. 

Everyone except supporters of Harrogate Railway who may be a bit confused by the past decade.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Yes, I can well understand that, I am aware new owners took over Harrogate about 15 years ago. I really have not followed much since.

6 minutes ago, Trevorkfevfan said:

Yes, I can well understand that, I am aware new owners took over Harrogate about 15 years ago. I really have not followed much since.

Not sure but their rise has been pretty meteoric. But, unlike some, it does seem to have been based on putting together good teams rather than just splashing the cash. I saw them play out a ferocious 0-0 draw at Brackley last year on an absolutely horrible day. Their fans were in good voice throughout. I really do wish them well.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I read later today that Harrogate are in the process of removing the plastic pitch and laying a grass surface for the coming season. There is much excitement in Harrogate it seems.

37 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Who do we want in the big time ... Brentford or Fulham ?

Probably Brentford but their manager is an absolute bell

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

And now it seems Harrogate will ground share with Doncaster. Have to say I don't quite undertand that when York's Keepmoat stadium is so near. I presume it must be a money question.

7 hours ago, Trevorkfevfan said:

And now it seems Harrogate will ground share with Doncaster. Have to say I don't quite undertand that when York's Keepmoat stadium is so near. I presume it must be a money question.

Is that because they won’t have a grass pitch in time?

25 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

What a rubbish play off final.

Finals are usually dull

• Like 2

On 04/08/2020 at 22:49, Trevorkfevfan said:

Either that or the cheaper option I fancy. Not ideal I don't think.

They are only paying a few of their first home games there until the artificial pitch is replaced

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

I was hoping Brentford would do it as I have a friend who is a big fan of The Bees. I remember thinking that they'd done very well when they got promoted to the Championship. It will be interesting to see how they go next year after only just missing out this time.

On 08/08/2020 at 12:00, 17 stone giant said:

I was hoping Brentford would do it as I have a friend who is a big fan of The Bees. I remember thinking that they'd done very well when they got promoted to the Championship. It will be interesting to see how they go next year after only just missing out this time.

And both teams gounds have supported Rugby League, so it was a pity for Brentford who have hosted more games of RL, rather than Fulham who started the Broncos (under another name) back in 1980.

Sex and Money are like Oxygen

They're not important until you're not getting enough.

I was hoping Brentford would win . Just a new face , bit of freshness and interest . Yes they may have sunk but we’ve been here over n over with Fulham , and WBA . 

Edited by DavidM

I see Leeds United's new sponsor came several years too late to twitter, and the obvious handle for them had already been taken by somebody else.

So, Leeds Utd fans, make sure you look at @sbotop_uk 
(Link removed by CKN)

11 hours ago, JonM said:

I see Leeds United's new sponsor came several years too late to twitter, and the obvious handle for them had already been taken by somebody else.

So, Leeds Utd fans, make sure you look at @sbotop_uk 
(Link removed by CKN)

I’ve edited this following reports and messages on the thing. The link you had had NSFW pics in it and a few hadn’t seen the NSFW link before clicking. 

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Latest statement from Wigan's administrators looks stark in black and white, losing faith a buyer will be find, but looks like its curtains if there isn't one in place by the end of the month.

We are continuing talks with various interested parties and are in discussions with four bidders regarding the sale.

We have set a deadline of 31 August 2020 to agree and sign the sale contract.

If the contract is not signed by this date, we will have to reconsider the position on the basis that the new season starts a week later. The reason for this is that we will be responsible for the team at the start of the season and the fulfilment of the fixtures.  Understandably, if no buyer is available, we do not wish to commit to something we cannot see through.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shrek said:

Latest statement from Wigan's administrators looks stark in black and white, losing faith a buyer will be find, but looks like its curtains if there isn't one in place by the end of the month.

I’d be preparing yourself for no Wigan Athletic games next season and a Phoenix club in the North West Counties in 21/22. Not sure how that can be avoided now.

42 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

I’d be preparing yourself for no Wigan Athletic games next season and a Phoenix club in the North West Counties in 21/22. Not sure how that can be avoided now.

Indeed - not sure about the North West Counties either, all sorts kicking off there over Bury and the Isle of Man entry, be just our luck for that draw bridge to be drawn up as well, Manchester League it is!

No good options from here on out, even if they get saved, with no team, no manager and not much time to get things going hard to be optimistic.