What's your top six 2015

Blue Pike

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol

Here is my true top 6 especially after this weekend which has been marvellous for both club and supporter, a few wouldve had us well down had it not been for the open day and the amount of positivity generated from that that has got fans buzzing again

1.Bradford

2.Leigh

3.London

4.Fev

5.Fax

6.Sheff

and then everyone else

7.Dews

8.Batley

9.Donny

10.Workington

11.Haven

12.Hunslet

Phew. I'll take that (I think we all would). I can't disagree with your 12 actually but you just never know

Lol

Here is my true top 6 especially after this weekend which has been marvellous for both club and supporter, a few wouldve had us well down had it not been for the open day and the amount of positivity generated from that that has got fans buzzing again

1.Bradford

2.Leigh

3.London

4.Fev

5.Fax

6.Sheff

and then everyone else

7.Dews

8.Batley

9.Donny

10.Workington

11.Haven

12.Hunslet

Not far out IMO.

Do think London are there to be shot at. Leigh and Bradford will be solid all season.

FEV FAN  1964 - present.

Bradford should be top but don't think leigh will be the force they are thinkin. Fev going to take some beating this time.

what makes you think this. What evidence are you measuring your predicted slide to 5th for Leigh?

I'm really interested as to how you arrived at that prediction

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

If they stay injury-free at key positions Leigh still look the team to beat for me. An important part of their season was that their pivots at half back and hooker seemed to stay largely clear of injury (though I think one or both of their half backs got hurt when they lost at Doncaster), and it's worth remembering Leigh have the advantage of having played together and gelled very well with what will largely be the same group of players plus a few choice additions, whereas many of their likeliest rivals have rejigged squads. It will be surprising if Bradford aren't leading contenders given they have a strong squad on paper and that they seemed to be reinvigorated when Lowes took over. London I'm not so sure about - the guys they have got from the Championship don't look difference-makers to me, so much will depend on how well their Aussie imports do and how they gel as a team. They did seem to shape better under Grima than Rea though, so they could go well, but of the three full-time teams their the ones I'd be least confident about regarding a top-four slot.

Most of the others are tough to predict because we don't know how well the new players will go (plus a new coach at Fax, who can hardly do any worse than Harrison). I think we are one of the hardest teams to predict, simply because it's so hard to know what our line-up will be - looking at the list of 33 players that were listed at the open day on Saturday, there's only about 3 that I'd say would have little chance of a regular first team place. We might hit the ground running, we might struggle to find our best 17 and have a rebuilding year. We seem to be written off by plenty anyway, which is a position I always like Fev to be in as that's when our greatest moments have come.

The likely improvers this year are Dewsbury, they did really well last year and have made some potentially very good signings this off-season, add to that they get Godwin & Aaron Brown back from injury and they look set for further progress this year. Fax are harder to predict, perennial under-achievers but they've got a new coach and some decent-looking signings, only time will tell. Batley struggled in 2014 which wasn't difficult to predict when you compared their outgoing players from 2013 with their incoming ones, but they look to have done a better job this off-season and should be solid enough, especially at home, without having the firepower of some of the better teams.

Doncaster I'm not sure about - Cooke always gets the best out of them and I think they get Brett Waller back this year, but whether they will have quality depth remains to be seen (will they DR with Hull again?); but they're sure to pull off some more surprises. Sheffield have no shortage of talent and they have brought in a bit more this off-season, but their issue is they seem to only get going halfway through the year and one or two of their stars are getting a bit long in the tooth to be at their peak throughout an intensive season, playing at the Keepmoat will probably help but they need to find some consistency over the full season.

Workington gave all the top teams in the division problems last season and along with Dewsbury look the other potential surprise package, Veivers has done really well there, they have some definite talent in their squad backed up by their DR deal with Wigan. At this stage Whitehaven and Hunslet look the weakest squads in the division on paper and it's probably fair to say both would be pleased with avoiding relegation.

Go on just for the fun of getting it totally wrong:

1 = Leigh

2 = Bradford

3 = Fev

4 = Fax

5 = London

6 = Dewsbury

7 = Sheffield

8 = Workington

9 = Batley

10 = Doncaster

11 = Hunslet

12 = Whitehaven

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

Fev Leigh n northern top three. No specific order at this stage.

I'll go with that, despite losing Crossley, Dale & Worthington what's left of last season's squad is good enough to get 4th spot at least, on the premise that the injury crisis won't be repeated. Where they finish in the top 4 will depend on how the new guys go, and on whether any of their rivals get injuries to their star players this time. I fancy Leigh to finish top but feel they wouldn't be anywhere near as good without Ridyard or Brierley.

We (Leigh) should be OK and we have 1 major signing still to release. The first 5 games for Leigh are massive, and we can quite easily lose all 5. If we get off to a good start, we should be top 2. If we get off to a bad start, top 4 might be too much.

I feel Bradford will dominate the league once they get used to each others style of play, but they will definitely lose 2 or maybe 3 games. Irrespective, I still fancy tham to finish top.

1 - Bradford

2 - Leigh

3 - London

4 - Fev

5 - Sheffield

6 - Halifax

7 - Dewsbury

8 - Batley

Leigh v Bradford first up is huge and will be interesting to see how its officiated. If we can hit them cold and take a good win, the rest of the comp will really fancy having a dig at them which will hit their confidence and ignite the comp imo

indeed it will and really hope that's how the comp pans out

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

Archived