Doncaster 14 Batley 16

Supertyke

Batley make hard work of getting the better of Doncaster. Trailing 14 - 6 at half time, Batley left it until the last ten minutes to get two tries and win the game, which saw a nasty injury to Johnny Campbell. Hope he is OK !!

Relive the game at: http://bulldogs.supertyke.net/activity/

Updated scores and tables as the results come in: http://bulldogs.supertyke.net/overview/

Not pretty that but a very important win so well done lads

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

They like to keep us in the edge of our seats.

Thought it was game over with 15 minutes to go but something ignited in the side and we looked totally different from there.

A good two points to take home. Let's hope the streak continues into next weekends busy schedule.

SIGNATURE

Got out of jail today.

As with most games this season we had more than enough field position to turn into points & I thought our lack of creativity would cost us once again.

Fair play for not giving up. Brown was MOM.

I hope Campbell isn't too badly injured.

"If you want us to be the best and if you want us to beat the rest, a BISSA donation is what we need"

Must admit listening on wireless I thought i was checking in at kick off not with minutes to go!

And a 2 point margin sounded a bit close but the wins safe and a ram victory is paramount to ensure we stay out of trouble!

Its now 6pm and not 5!!!

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Couldnt make the game but sounded on the radio like we were very poor, but 2 points is 2 points so job done.

The Campbell injury is worrying though, and once again we have an alarming shortage of three quarters with 2 huge league games coming up over easter that could be season definers looking at the table.

Hope Mr Kear has a loan signibg top of his to do list tomorrow.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

Definitely not pleasing on the eye today. A total lack of creativity once again in the attacking areas . How this team needs a good scrum half with the ability to put men into space. On the upside we took the points played poor which I would rather have than the Bradford game where we were superb but came away with nothing. We have team spirit and effort in abundance we just need a player( leader) to guide the team around the park. Oh for the old days when most sides had creativity at 6,7 and 13 the pivots.

Another injury in the three quarters leaves us with with a ton of problems over the rest of the season. Hope Johnny Campbell is not hurt too bad. Still happy without the obnoxious D/R but we are fast running out of options in the backs. Already we have two forwards in there. Dewsbury are on their way this week a vast improvement is needed if we are to take the spoils.

Agree with London dick lacking creativity, folk on here talking about three quarters , always do with a quality centre but in my eyes southernwoods a big proplem ,no pace to make half breaks, open field kicking and goalkicking average,good teams rely on their six to open up defences to give their backs running chances, apart from a couple of games against inferior opposition he's been pretty poor' leather barrows had plenty of stick on here but in my eyes the problems six not seven

Agree with London dick lacking creativity, folk on here talking about three quarters , always do with a quality centre but in my eyes southernwoods a big proplem ,no pace to make half breaks, open field kicking and goalkicking average,good teams rely on their six to open up defences to give their backs running chances, apart from a couple of games against inferior opposition he's been pretty poor' leather barrows had plenty of stick on here but in my eyes the problems six not seven

l think Southernwood has gone OK up to now. l do not think he looks a natural kicker, particularly place kicking, but think when Leatherbarrow returns, he will then be used as one of a pair of tactical kickers. This might relieve a little pressure from him, and make our kicking game a little less predictable. 

And let's not forget he scored the winning try and kicked the winning goal today!

Couldnt make the game but sounded on the radio like we were very poor, but 2 points is 2 points so job done.

The Campbell injury is worrying though, and once again we have an alarming shortage of three quarters with 2 huge league games coming up over easter that could be season definers looking at the table.

L would not have thought we will be looking at a loan signing, but instead will bring in either Brad Day or Hey into the centre spot for Friday.

I like Southernwood, he's a decent young player who has time on his side.

I'm afraid that we're really in limbo land when it comes to top quality half-backs, though. Promising youngster like Southernwood are always going to be our staple, as any experienced players with proven ability will inevitably go to the highest bidders - with whom we can't compete. A Briggs or a Murrell would improve our already decent team by 20-30%, but recruiting a player of that ilk is never going to happen whilst we're up against clubs with much greater financial clout than ourselves.

r02c.gif

I think Southernwood is going well. The wind was bad today and it wasn't a day for kickers. He's young and having to learn fast.

I am personally still happy with the team. We didn't perform well today but that happens. I don't think any particular individual caused it. We've had a bit of bad luck with injuries to key players so far but hopefully they will be back sooner rather than later.

Get behind the lads who are working hard for our club on the field.

I

pipe down part timer

Hope you enjoyed sir gAry

I'd sign Brown for next season before the big money comes for him.

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

When you see a player go down, and every player around him starts yelling for the medical staff, you fear the worst. Talking to the Donny physio, who went to treat him, after the game, she says that they weren't sure if it was ligament damage or an ankle break, but from the angle of the foot at the time he was down, it looked like it was broken. I hope it isn't, as anything like that could really damage his career.

www.donsstats.co.uk - Full results and player stats for Doncaster RLFC from 1951 to the current day.

pipe down part timer

Hope you enjoyed sir gAry

Your part time use of deodorant and toothpaste was apparently evident on the bus again.

Im on the bus for the long trip to London, make sure you bring your Lynx Africa with you.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

Your part time use of deodorant and toothpaste was apparently evident on the bus again.

Im on the bus for the long trip to London, make sure you bring your Lynx Africa with you.

I prefer 'Axe' - a cheaper alternative available from all B&M stores which is equally effective in terms of round the clock dryness. Fresh!
r02c.gif

Wow, lot's of points here!! I too heard commentary on the radio, wonder if I was listening to the same game as whoever it was who said we sounded poor? Every 2 minutes we were attacking, had majority of the game after half an hour, we played for 80 minutes, Donny played for 30 and were then squeezed out and we should have won by more, but would agree that we still haven't found our 'locksmith'. Plenty of effort and go forward from an outstanding pack but despite adding Fozzard, still nobody to create gaps and therefore tries. Talk of kicking...our tactical kicking has been poor for ages regardless of whoever has been charged with it. Blacky and Moore were the same as Leatherbarrow and Southernwood, We never make a 40/20, our 6th tackle kicks are either high to the corner expecting Squires to outjump everybody or aimless, down the throat stuff. What about a 'Henry' every now and again? Place kicking is unreliable, we are kicking stuff which we really could be expected to miss, yet eminently kickable stuff we miss at important times. Now, with another injury to a back, we are both fullbacks missing, a winger and a centre. Maybe (hopefully) Grayston will be back in contention on Friday because we can't go a long time filling in with 2nd rowers, every now and again yes, but for a lengthy period. no. Every player has his position and his strengths, that's why they choose to play there or are chosen there. Someone will now tell me off for negative attitude, but it's not, only telling it as it is. We have been praised for years for punching above our weight, plucky little Batley, so why haven't we got to the stage where we can punch at a weight that suits us? Every game this season so far we've been every bit as good as the teams we've lost to but just missed that little bit of something to nail it. Sort that out and we won't be having these conversations.

Archived