Boundary Park

The Baron Mk11

From hearing the GMR playback and from speaking to him CH prefers to stay at Whitebank.Nothing has happened re making Whitebank remotely suitable for a promoted club.What may possibly happen remains CHs little secret but it wont be anytime soon.

So if promoted its plan B which could be one of several yet to be ratified by the RFL.

If CHs business model is to develop Whitebank then its the road to nowhere.As is not keeping the paying punters in the loop.Its not clever its plain stupid.

Personally I wish Keapmoat could find a way of extending their plans to take in the ground.It aint ever going to be a RL venue of any long term use.

What I can't understand is why is it a secret?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I can't understand is why is it a secret?

If the majority would have a preference for Boundary Park, the club could announce that's the case and there'd be a general acceptance.  If it's anywhere else, undoubtedly there'll be a debate because not everyone would be pleased.  At this stage of the season, CH probably doesn't want to field a torrent of questions about next year until promotion is achieved.

If I'm right, that probably means it's not Boundary Park.  CH could be caught between the devil and the deep blue sea.  Don't announce yet, he takes flack, announce, he takes flack.  Perhaps keeping shtum for now is the lesser of two flack hits.

If the majority would have a preference for Boundary Park, the club could announce that's the case and there'd be a general acceptance. If it's anywhere else, undoubtedly there'll be a debate because not everyone would be pleased. At this stage of the season, CH probably doesn't want to field a torrent of questions about next year until promotion is achieved.

If I'm right, that probably means it's not Boundary Park. CH could be caught between the devil and the deep blue sea. Don't announce yet, he takes flack,

announce, he takes flack. Perhaps keeping shtum for now is the lesser of two flack hits.

Even though Boundary Park is the choice of most 'Roughyeds' supporters. It's understandable that Chiris Hamilton won't consider it, if it's a financial no go area. The supporters have to be realistic at this moment in time. I think BP would be

fantastic if Oldham were getting 2000+ fans guaranteed. But they're not.

I'll keep suggesting that the Tameside Stadium is your best option. Firstly it will probably be a lot less to rent. It's very accessible for fans from many different parts of Oldham and also the Yorkshire clubs, and their fans will be able to get there using different modes of public transport. Especially the bus.

Oldham haven't got many options. So I'd be pushing for this tidy, little realistic stadium to be 'Roughyeds' home for the time being.

​​ 

​THE NORTH OF ENGLAND WITH A POPULATION OF NEARLY 17 MILLION PEOPLE IS THE TRUE EXPANSION AREA FOR RUGBY LEAGUE........IF IT CAN'T EXPAND HERE, WHERE CAN IT EXPAND?

​                       

​                        

All of the above is true but if I were him and caring as much about the club as Ch would claim....Then it would be cards on the table, tell it how it is,ask for suggestions, ideas,contributions.Instead we have all this and a real likelihood if promoted we will be out of town.This despite being at Whitebank since 2010 with a clear aim of getting promotion.In the end if a suitable deal cannot be brokered so ORLFC can grow into playing at BP and the venue stays unused all summer,the lunatics have won.

All of the above is true but if I were him and caring as much about the club as he claim....Then it would be cards on the table, tell it how it is,ask for suggestions, ideas,contributions.Instead we have all this and a real likelihood if promoted we will be out of town.This despite being at Whitebank since 2010 with a clear aim of getting promotion.

Have you seen the tweet the club put out this morning. It says the club if promoted will definitely be playing in the championship. But then gives no information on where they'll be playing.

​​ 

​THE NORTH OF ENGLAND WITH A POPULATION OF NEARLY 17 MILLION PEOPLE IS THE TRUE EXPANSION AREA FOR RUGBY LEAGUE........IF IT CAN'T EXPAND HERE, WHERE CAN IT EXPAND?

​                       

​                        

On the Boundary Park issue. We need to know what Latics would charge us. There is a cost to open and operate the stadium.

There will be break even point, a critical mass of supporters required to make it viable.

To open one stand, with minimal hospitality it can't be that much.

An honest question. If 'Latics only let you use one of the ends of BP, because they were the cheapest option for CH and 'Latics' giving supporters minimal, matchday experience. Would you still want 'Roughyeds' to play there. Or must OldhanRLFC use one of the main stands, either the new one or the old main stand.

​​ 

​                       

​                        

Have you seen the tweet the club put out this morning. It says the club if promoted will definitely be playing in the championship. But then gives no information on where they'll be playing.

If i ask 3  builders to quote for an extension when do i tell the winner he's won it? perhaps when i know i can afford it and that i,m convinced he's the best option. We don't know if we are going up but ( i personally can't see anyone stopping us but!) if we fail (as we have before) why do we need to commit so early?????? Not a  problem as far as i can see. 

Wouldn't you think a business trading over 15 years would have a short & a long term plans and would look for oppertuneertys to grow surely getting promoted means extra funding via RFL and extra sponsorship

Why would a football club who can't pay to complete a project reject extra income from another partner

BP is available to anyone who will pay

If i ask 3  builders to quote for an extension when do i tell the winner he's won it? perhaps when i know i can afford it and that i,m convinced he's the best option. We don't know if we are going up but ( i personally can't see anyone stopping us but!) if we fail (as we have before) why do we need to commit so early?????? Not a  problem as far as i can see. 

Which isn't very to be honest.

Which isn't very to be honest.

Not sure if that makes sense! but CH is edging his bets. He has done enough to convince the RFL and I personally would prefer it to be in Oldham or very close to Oldham. But let's get the job done first and then worry about that later. Great win today.  ;)  ;)  ;)

Not sure if that makes sense! but CH is edging his bets. He has done enough to convince the RFL and I personally would prefer it to be in Oldham or very close to Oldham. But let's get the job done first and then worry about that later. Great win today.  ;)  ;)  ;)

perhaps if I'd inserted far after very it would have.I was being sarcastic which was wrong I know and I do apologise.It's just the idea of hedging bets and not having all this ground issue done and dusted.It freaks me out.The sole aim of ORLFC is to get out of that division and it has been since we went into it. you know it .I know it and CH knows it.The fact that we need a "contingency  in place in case we get promoted"(CHs words not mine) means quite simply that the club as a whole is not ready for promotion.This is a shame because the coaches and players are and deserve better.

perhaps if I'd inserted far after very it would have.I was being sarcastic which was wrong I know and I do apologise.It's just the idea of hedging bets and not having all this ground issue done and dusted.It freaks me out.The sole aim of ORLFC is to get out of that division and it has been since we went into it. you know it .I know it and CH knows it.The fact that we need a "contingency  in place in case we get promoted"(CHs words not mine) means quite simply that the club as a whole is not ready for promotion.This is a shame because the coaches and players are and deserve better.

He (CH) says he's had these plans in place each time we have made play off finals and he stated again today at the ORSA Buffet that he has plans in place but isn't in a position to divulge what them plans are (Don't know why he can't share!) I suppose we just have to hope he has. These players and staff certainly deserve the opportunity to play at Championship level. And thanks for the apology.  ;)

He (CH) says he's had these plans in place each time we have made play off finals and he stated again today at the ORSA Buffet that he has plans in place but isn't in a position to divulge what them plans are (Don't know why he can't share!) I suppose we just have to hope he has. These players and staff certainly deserve the opportunity to play at Championship level. And thanks for the apology.  ;)

I have no doubt he does have plans in place and had them in previous years.For me there is no permanence to anything or any go forward.As if promotion is a thing we have to deal with when or if it happens.

This year CH has been pushed further than ever before to tell where he is headed.So we have gotten to the stage where we know he would rather remain at Limeside and do something there.Yet this is not going to happen soon enough so we may well  have to go on our travels out of a town which has a perfectly good venue sat empty.Should this be the case it cant help revenue streams very much.It would be very difficult to build on promotion and attract new support.While we are on our travels could CH even think of developing Whitebank anyway?.The questions will be answered one way or another so why not now?I think its counter productive and whatever Game CH is playing(dont get me wrong I think CH is geniune and believes he does the right thing) it is the wrong game.

Not aimed at you Tosh but the point you made about the thinking of CH got me at it.

Archived