It's Your Funeral

It's your funeral, or somebody else's

Huddersfield Town have launched a funeral plan, for supporters who would like a HTAFC themed funeral.

http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/west-yorkshire-news/fancy-huddersfield-town-themed-send-10599085

I've no idea whether the funeral plan market is like, or whether there s stiff competition from the different firms involved.

Anyway, what would you have at a RL themed funeral for yourself, or a loved one?

Think outside the box...

It's your funeral, or somebody else's

Huddersfield Town have launched a funeral plan, for supporters who would like a HTAFC themed funeral.

http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/west-yorkshire-news/fancy-huddersfield-town-themed-send-10599085

I've no idea whether the funeral plan market is like, or whether there s stiff competition from the different firms involved.

Anyway, what would you have at a RL themed funeral for yourself, or a loved one?

Think outside the box...

Stiff competition!

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

That explains why the John Smiths Stadium is like a morgue when the Giants play at home.

Makes it one of the more obvious venues for an ashes test though.
                                                                  :kolobok_sad:   Hull FC....The Sons of God....  :kolobok_sad:
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

You'd have to urn a lot to be able to afford one of those packages, I certainly wouldn't be coffin up that much; such an event is surplus to requiements and I wouldn't want a family member to undertake something like that.

I'll get my coat

You'd have to urn a lot to be able to afford one of those packages, I certainly wouldn't be coffin up that much; such an event is surplus to requiements and I wouldn't want a family member to undertake something like that.

I'll get my coat

These puns are starting to pall. 

My mate Al lives in Radcliffe in Bury  :rolleyes: . Although his first footballing love is Man Utd, he has a soft spot for Bury FC, who play their home games at Gigg Lane in the town.

Probably less than a hundred yards or so, as the crow flies, from Bury's ground is Bury Cemetery Chapel with the largest graveyard in the area. The chapel's address is St Peter's Road  :rolleyes: . (Google it, I kid you not).

A fair few years ago, he told me the local paper ran a story saying that the chapel were considering stopping burials on a Saturday afternoon after a complaint of a somewhat sensitive nature.

Apparently, mid afternoon one particular Saturday, a family were having their loved one laid to rest and the Vicar was conducting a solemn, moving service when the home team at the football ground scored a goal, just about condemning their visitors to relegation.

It seems there were awkward glances and shuffling of feet from the mourners as the vicar's comforting words were drowned out by choruses of "Going down, going down, going down" from across the road....

Bury Al?

With "Dyer" as his surname?, you couldn't make it up.

Archived