17 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield Giants
    • Draw
    • Wigan Warriors

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drop goal, and Huddersfield retake the lead with 10 to go!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Phew

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Huddersfield will feel unlucky, rightly so, to have come out the wrong side of this one.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Huddersfield, with all their missing players, looked the better side for huge chunks of that match. And some of the youngsters were among their best performers.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Huddersfield, with all their missing players, looked the better side for huge chunks of that match. And some of the youngsters were among their best performers.

Isn't that often the case though?  Young players bring enthusiasm and fresh legs, not to mention new skills.  They want to prove they are good enough for the first team. 

That last kick from Ellis gave Wigan the impetus due to Charnley quick and good play and subsequent aggressive running from Wigan. Unfortunate. I guess given same position Wigan would have either done a grubber kick, took another drop goal or but more likely an aggressive forward run and having Wigan have to work from own line.   Great display from Huddersfield but I guess that's the difference between Wigan winning mentality and Huddersfield.

Disappointed with Wade having to have dig at ref about PTB - it was same for both teams.  Wish RFL would heavily penalise coaches to an extend they don't comment on Ref. Leave it to us fans, pundits, and media.

When it mattered Wigan always managed to make big yards.

The better team lost. The Giants had plenty of very good players in key positions, and deserved the win. It will be an important fortnight for them - if they build on this, they are capable of putting together a long winning run. They can be very proud of themselves, their full back looks far better than Grix, and Connor has something about him. Their defence was superb - if Wigan did anything "right", and it was hard to discern much to cherish, it was picking and usin their big men. Plus, O'Loughlin for the millionth time makes a crucial intervention.

Hats off the Giants. They were superb.

Could be a great season, this.

An excellent post-match section with Luke Robinson on Radio 5 Sports Extra.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

After expecting a towelling I can't complain at that result, but for a video ref call - that will absolutely be a try next week for someone else - we'd have won

Ellis and Connor looked outstanding

One more senior player on the park and we'd win that I think

After expecting a towelling I can't complain at that result, but for a video ref call - that will absolutely be a try next week for someone else - we'd have won

Ellis and Connor looked outstanding

One more senior player on the park and we'd win that I think

It was consistent with a decision last night???

Archived