Halifax reaction

town4me

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven got 970 for the Bulls match not bad considering the weather and floodlights once the better weather come in sure crowds will return

you may be right but you won't have teams with the following of bradford coming every week marra. To be fair it's an experiment so let's see what happens. I personally can't see many clubs fans in the championship relishing the trip to west cumbria on a Saturday night but that's just my opinion. As for home fans I have heard a few I know saying saturday nights isn't for them and a few have commented that it's inconvenient on saturday on your forum. It all depends on what's happening on the field.

Yea I do agree it's a experiment and I'm more hoping fans will come back in summer but I do know quite a few as you say sat nights ain't for them but let's see if gates improve if they don't k think we will end up back to Sunday's tbh me personally I'm not too fussed but if I was town I would keep to Sunday's

crowds are poor all round batley are flying yet only got 800 odd fans on sun same with oldham 800 odd swinton got 900 against bradford and that was at widnes only leigh got a decent crowd over 3k so basically apart from bradford and leigh all clubs are struggling to get crowds

Poor gate 641, Bad Weather, Soccer on TV, you loose money on gates like this, maybe we should look at altering K/O times or Fridays / Saturdays. We have laughed at the deluded ones down the road with Saturday evening matches  but their attendances are not suffering as bad as ours.

Don't know how you come to that conclusion, haven have played 2 home games, both of them with a good travelling contingent and only got just over 800 for both. The big test for the Saturday night experiment will be against the likes of London or Sheffield on a filthy night with a top game on the TV. Our attendance was very poor but expected given the conditions, I don't think playing Fridays would make a bit of difference, you would just be up against Super league as opposed to soccer. A 2pm kick off this Sunday could make a huge difference with the league cup final showing at 4.30.

crowds are poor all round batley are flying yet only got 800 odd fans on sun same with oldham 800 odd swinton got 900 against bradford and that was at widnes only leigh got a decent crowd over 3k so basically apart from bradford and leigh all clubs are struggling to get crowds

You are right donald, Dewsbury just had over 700 last week against us and they won their first game, I honestly think £16 is too much for the non diehards.

Haven got 970 for the Bulls match not bad considering the weather and floodlights once the better weather come in sure crowds will return

Dream on marra, what's the floodlights got to do with it ? Ours are top notch but it won't put any more on the gate.

I am not advocating moving match days and K/O times to suit my self, I am of the opinion 641 attendance whether there is soccer on TV or the weather is awful a professional club cannot produce a good championship club on 641 gate.

641 gate would produce around £9k per home game an additional 200 on the gate would produce £3k, in my opinion the club needs to explore and investigate any and all alternatives. 

I am not advocating moving match days and K/O times to suit my self, I am of the opinion 641 attendance whether there is soccer on TV or the weather is awful a professional club cannot produce a good championship club on 641 gate.

641 gate would produce around £9k per home game an additional 200 on the gate would produce £3k, in my opinion the club needs to explore and investigate any and all alternatives. 

As donald pointed out we are all in the same boat bar Bulls, Leigh and Fev, so it certainly isn't a local issue.

Bad weather, footie or rugby union on tv - or just non-existent marketing !!

I think the RFL need to hold back some of the money they give to Championship and Championship One clubs to employ a centrally located full time marketing team whose sole purpose is to market professional rugby below Super League level.

With all the best will in the world, the likes of Town, Haven, Swinton etc. If fact probably every club with the exception of a couple of the full timers are ran by part time directors on shoestring budgets.

All successful companies allocate at least 5-10% of their turnover for marketing and we know that the smaller clubs have to account for every penny and marketing is a desirable but unaffordable luxury.

If the RFL allocated £250,000 a year then this relatively small amount could generate a substantial increase in gate receipts for the clubs across the leagues.

Emphasis could be on encouraging partnership links with community clubs to encourage their junior players to attend games, and links with the local secondary schools as kids of 12+ would more than likely attend games with their mates.

The marketing team could spend time with the semi-pro clubs to educate their staff in implementing these ideas.

Kyle Amor said in this months rugby magazine that nobody is interested in Workington or Whitehaven anymore, and the sad fact is, that he is correct.

The interest isn't strong enough to drag people down without marketing and making the product attractive to consumers.

Interest will continue to wane until it's too late to act.

This problem doesn't just affect west Cumbria, it's endemic across the game and action needs to be taken now or the whole game could collapse like a deck of cards

As donald pointed out we are all in the same boat bar Bulls, Leigh and Fev, so it certainly isn't a local issue.

We are not all in the same boat, "Town" are in danger of having much lower attendances than all the other championship teams if they cannot string a run of results together, newly promoted team Swinton for example had 900 gate, I would be well pleased if we could get 900.

We are not all in the same boat, "Town" are in danger of having much lower attendances than all the other championship teams if they cannot string a run of results together, newly promoted team Swinton for example had 900 gate, I would be well pleased if we could get 900.

swinton have a much bigger catchment area. Our crowds will be back to 800+ in better weather conditions and the BOD's main investment in the team hasn't taken to the field yet.

I think the RFL need to hold back some of the money they give to Championship and Championship One clubs to employ a centrally located full time marketing team whose sole purpose is to market professional rugby below Super League level.

With all the best will in the world, the likes of Town, Haven, Swinton etc. If fact probably every club with the exception of a couple of the full timers are ran by part time directors on shoestring budgets.

All successful companies allocate at least 5-10% of their turnover for marketing and we know that the smaller clubs have to account for every penny and marketing is a desirable but unaffordable luxury.

If the RFL allocated £250,000 a year then this relatively small amount could generate a substantial increase in gate receipts for the clubs across the leagues.

Emphasis could be on encouraging partnership links with community clubs to encourage their junior players to attend games, and links with the local secondary schools as kids of 12+ would more than likely attend games with their mates.

The marketing team could spend time with the semi-pro clubs to educate their staff in implementing these ideas.

Kyle Amor said in this months rugby magazine that nobody is interested in Workington or Whitehaven anymore, and the sad fact is, that he is correct.

The interest isn't strong enough to drag people down without marketing and making the product attractive to consumers.

This problem doesn't just affect west Cumbria, it's endemic across the game and action needs to be taken now or the whole game could collapse like a deck of cards

so does this bring us back to the "M' subject ? Marketing could be alot better as you say but the bit about nobody is Interested in Workington or whitehaven anymore is right and so would better marketing do that much for 2 teams trying to pull fans from a small pool and fight for a small pool of amatuer products.

Why just Town ? will the llikes of haven, Batley, Swinton, Oldham and Dewsbury not get rubbish crowds if they aren't going well ? Swinton were playing the Bulls for christs sake, probably 700 of them were away fans. I've been to Swinton on numerous occasions and the crowd is always around the 350 mark. Stop your doom mongering will you.

the size of the crowd yesterday was no surprise .only die hards and travelling fans were ever gonna turn up .36 hours continuous rain does no one any favours . thought again the effort was there yesterday  but no end product . people including phil it seems blame the half backs , but in our games so far how many tries have we let in from play the balls on our line ? and why do we find it so difficult to do the same thing to other teams ?

League Express had the attendance a 100 lower at Haven so 878

Would you pay 16 quid to watch a town match with our floodlights? That's what am saying the price ain't worth it to watch it at night that's why am saying when better weather and light nights come and not playing in a bog I'm hoping the gates improve

Would you pay 16 quid to watch a town match with our floodlights? That's what am saying the price ain't worth it to watch it at night that's why am saying when better weather and light nights come and not playing in a bog I'm hoping the gates improve

I did unfortunately  ;)

It's not the marketing it's the product and the competition.

And this was against the Bulls Billy and the match was played at Widnes, I feel pretty confident we will could match if not better there attendances marra, did you enjoy yesterdays match by the way ?

Archived