Halifax reaction

town4me

the problem is the lack of direction at half back both in the execution of kicking and passing  , its ok saying when everyone else is back but the others mentioned wont change much especially the backs , its the half back town need back and quick , there seems to be no pace , urgency or wide play .

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't fault the effort from every Town player who was on the field today which is all we can ask, we were beaten by a smarter team who played the conditions better;

On the popular side today I don't know who kept shouting "get some tackling done Town" but he couldn't have been watching the same game as me, the whole team tackled their hearts out for the full 80 minutes.

Can we also get the old announcer back.

haha almost fell asleep when he read the teams out ha..

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Can't fault the effort from every Town player who was on the field today which is all we can ask, we were beaten by a smarter team who played the conditions better;

On the popular side today I don't know who kept shouting "get some tackling done Town" but he couldn't have been watching the same game as me, the whole team tackled their hearts out for the full 80 minutes.

Matty done some pile of tackling today he well and truly tested his shoulder! One set he done 3 straight tackles hoss wuk in them conditions..

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Matty done some pile of tackling today he well and truly tested his shoulder! One set he done 3 straight tackles hoss wuk in them conditions..

He played well today did Matty and like you say really tested his shoulder out, now to get him with Jarrod and get us moving round the pitch and hopefully get some wins.

He played well today did Matty and like you say really tested his shoulder out, now to get him with Jarrod and get us moving round the pitch and hopefully get some wins.

has it been Confirmed if sammut is back next week? Also no rain forcast all week so Conditions should be alot better.

Good effort shown from every1 yesterday, i think Fax got points as they were a bit sharper and smarter on our tryline.

As for halfbacks, a few people are saying sammut will make a difference and on a dry pitch he will but in those confitions its pack v pack and to look at positives for long periods of the game we were on top.

There was nothing between the teams except somebody lively enough to leave the gameplan and do something off the cuff like they did. It's called playing what you see , we have a lot of good players who will show that in the coming weeks when the only man who can do that returns.

From what I've seen Verlinden and Gordon are good additions but even with the best pack we can't score because we're just too predictable.

Good effort shown from every1 yesterday, i think Fax got points as they were a bit sharper and smarter on our tryline.

As for halfbacks, a few people are saying sammut will make a difference and on a dry pitch he will but in those confitions its pack v pack and to look at positives for long periods of the game we were on top.

come on we were camped in there forty for the first 20 minutes but couldnt create anything, sammuts passing and kicking would definately have given us opportunities. As far as attacking and creativity goes were a 1 man team, our pack was more than equal to theres and with big personel missing as well, so the only difference was they knew how to get over the try line and we didnt

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

come on we were camped in there forty for the first 20 minutes but couldnt create anything, sammuts passing and kicking would definately have given us opportunities. As far as attacking and creativity goes were a 1 man team, our pack was more than equal to theres and with big personel missing as well, so the only difference was they knew how to get over the try line and we didnt

Absolutely, on at least 3 occasions we had scrum feed in there 20 and then went wide to open side when the blind side had an almost 20 metre  gap un-defended, Would have fancied our chances of scoring at least once if we had tries, but we seemed unable to play what was in front of us and stuck to same old thing!

don't think we would have scored if we're playing now to be honest,without Sammut we're clueless near the line.. I know Sammut is class but do our halfs not learn anything from him?

sammut will make a massive difference and yes we will be labelled a 1 man team however he can't do it all on his own but what he does do is bring the best out of other players that we're not getting at the moment.

Poor gate 641, Bad Weather, Soccer on TV, you loose money on gates like this, maybe we should look at altering K/O times or Fridays / Saturdays. We have laughed at the deluded ones down the road with Saturday evening matches  but their attendances are not suffering as bad as ours.

Poor gate 641, Bad Weather, Soccer on TV, you loose money on gates like this, maybe we should look at altering K/O times or Fridays / Saturdays. We have laughed at the deluded ones down the road with Saturday evening matches but their attendances are not suffering as bad as ours.

haven were 450 spectators down at their recent home game v the bulls on a Saturday night compared to the same fixture last season on a Sunday . I think the genral poor conditions will have been the problem yesterday for us. Should never have been played.

Would be worth tracking their attendances through the season against our's in order to measure if their would be any advantage in changing K/O times and days ?

you can't judge that crowd on Sunday really it pished down all match and was hardly a spectacle worth 16 notes was it? The sensible folks watched football me thinks..

Poor gate 641, Bad Weather, Soccer on TV, you loose money on gates like this, maybe we should look at altering K/O times or Fridays / Saturdays. We have laughed at the deluded ones down the road with Saturday evening matches  but their attendances are not suffering as bad as ours.

They have only played one game so far at home Billy Bob and that against arguably the best travelling fans in our league and still only got 800 odd, its to early to compare attendances with our dear friends just yet I think marra.

wont make any difference both teams have its die hards who are hardcore supporters the crowds have dropped and dont look like getting any better for either side and lets face it this is probably towns best side for about 20 years it,s pretty alarming for both teams i reckon

Would be worth tracking their attendances through the season against our's in order to measure if their would be any advantage in changing K/O times and days ?

can't do any harm keeping an eye on it and seeing what it does to their crowds but I would agree with friday being the best other option due to other sports on saturday.

Archived