Town V Haven. blackpool predictions.

town4me

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

away with these mind games ! ( only joking).A Derby is a derby and I am sure it will raise players games on both sides.

I've never been to a derby and thought we would definately win, even in the Peter Walsh years when they were pants I still wasn't confident. I think the situation is thw same as last year, we had a good away win at Donny the week before the blackers game which raised everyones hope only to find ourseves 18 down within twenty minutes !!!!!

I've never been to a derby and thought we would definately win, even in the Peter Walsh years when they were pants I still wasn't confident. I think the situation is thw same as last year, we had a good away win at Donny the week before the blackers game which raised everyones hope only to find ourseves 18 down within twenty minutes !!!!!

yes I agree with that. There's some haven fans saying we have the game won already and that could be to their advantage but I don't believe that is true. It's a derby and it will require a good performance to take the points. It's all to play for from both sides come Saturday.

Game on!

Quote Amanda on the Whitehaven forum:

"The club (Whitehaven) is delighted to announce the signing of two new forwards. Ugo Perez from France, is 22 years old and has played two super league games for Catalans. He is also one of the key reserve grade players who trains with the Catalan Dragons. The second player is Anthony Walker from Wakefield. Anthony made his debut at Bradford for St.Helens in February 2013 and went on to be one of Nathan Brown's preferred bench forwards until an ankle injury curtailed his run. He then went out on dual registration and then was capped for Wales in the Rugby League World Cup to round off an excellent debut season. Last season brought eight appearances. He joined Wakefield in 2015. Both players have signed loan deals. There has been an extreme amount of paperwork and it has all been quite fraught especially tying up things with the French R.F.L. and to meet deadlines for the Summer Bash but we got there in the end. Once again a big thanks to our old friend Christophe Jouffret!! Both forwards will stiffen our pack at the weekend and help us over an injury crisis. "

Game on!

Quote Amanda on the Whitehaven forum:

"The club (Whitehaven) is delighted to announce the signing of two new forwards. Ugo Perez from France, is 22 years old and has played two super league games for Catalans. He is also one of the key reserve grade players who trains with the Catalan Dragons. The second player is Anthony Walker from Wakefield. Anthony made his debut at Bradford for St.Helens in February 2013 and went on to be one of Nathan Brown's preferred bench forwards until an ankle injury curtailed his run. He then went out on dual registration and then was capped for Wales in the Rugby League World Cup to round off an excellent debut season. Last season brought eight appearances. He joined Wakefield in 2015. Both players have signed loan deals. There has been an extreme amount of paperwork and it has all been quite fraught especially tying up things with the French R.F.L. and to meet deadlines for the Summer Bash but we got there in the end. Once again a big thanks to our old friend Christophe Jouffret!! Both forwards will stiffen our pack at the weekend and help us over an injury crisis. "

will take a few weeks to settle in and get training sessions under their belt. Getting players in two days before the bash and for the bash isn't ideal.

will take a few weeks to settle in and get training sessions under their belt. Getting players in two days before the bash and for the bash isn't ideal.[/quotet]take a while for the French lad but walker as played plenty of times on DR for us so he'll slip right in

the sad thing in all of this is that talented amateurs are refusing to sign and take part as they know there isnt much hope of regular games and will be used as an injury plug , without a reserve team option this will continue and may even get worse for both clubs with their existing fringe locals .

Selling out our allocation sounds good but doesn't say how many we had to sell. Tried for North Stand tickets today but apparently they have completely sold out, mostly Leigh fans I would guess

Somebody on the main board has posted the breakdown of ticket sales by club (don't know where they go the info from). It says Town have sold 193 tickets and Haven have sold 40.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

The Squad:

Murphy, Murphy, Hulme, Mossop, Sammut, Forber, Doran, Mc Avoy, Shackley, Phillips, Phillips, Gee, Olstrum, Verlinden, Gordon, Scholey, Szostak, Whiteley, Walker.

so that's matty and stack out. szostack and olstrum in.

Somebody on the main board has posted the breakdown of ticket sales by club (don't know where they go the info from). It says Town have sold 193 tickets and Haven have sold 40.

guess that doesn't include people buying direct from RFL as I did?

the sad thing in all of this is that talented amateurs are refusing to sign and take part as they know there isnt much hope of regular games and will be used as an injury plug , without a reserve team option this will continue and may even get worse for both clubs with their existing fringe locals .

And Cumbria storm finished as well I hear, its a sorry state off affairs isn't it.

And Cumbria storm finished as well I hear, its a sorry state off affairs isn't it.

it is marra 10 years bk we where averaging over 2 thousand a game you lot where getting well over a thousand in the league below question is will them fans ever come back highly doubtful if you ask me

Can only see a Town win, we have been pants for the last month.

HW

nah marra it's a derby. Anything can happen. We can go into with a bit of confidence after the last 3 performances but it's still all to play for.

will take a few weeks to settle in and get training sessions under their belt. Getting players in two days before the bash and for the bash isn't ideal.[/quotet]take a while for the French lad but walker as played plenty of times on DR for us so he'll slip right in

Both signings are excellent.  For me  - Getting Dion on the park will be critical to Whitehaven and it will be really interesting to see who Town play in the halves and in the Centres, Perry has to start in one and looking at the squad Hulme & Murphy will be on the wing , but who will be in the other centre. I heard Jason Mossop would be out for quite a while so it looks like that just making up numbers . Really looking forward to Blackpool , as good as Newcastle was for Magic I enjoy this weekend just as much if not more . Good luck to both teams but UTT for me by 30   :tongue:

Can only see a Town win, we have been pants for the last month.

HW

it has to be a town win as anything else would be disastrous at this crucial point of the season and some very tough games around the corner defeat isnt an option but the way town are playing it is very winnable .

it is marra 10 years bk we where averaging over 2 thousand a game you lot where getting well over a thousand in the league below question is will them fans ever come back highly doubtful if you ask me

Ye right Donald, but what gets me is, we can all see it dying in this area, but some narrow minded thick skinned members off our two respected boards cant, why cant they come together and put a combined plan together were both put the same money in get a respected local coach, play at both Haven and Town and we both develop the best local talent the area has to offer, its not rocket science, or we carry on as we are trying to out do each other and our great game dies in this area !!!!!!!

Archived