Town V Haven. blackpool predictions.

town4me

This game was one where the Town coach had to earn his stripes - he didn't.

PV had to find every way possible to exploit injuries that he already knew about - Aiye and also testing the full back - he didn't. Drilling it into touch doesn't test the full back it gave Haven a breather. Getting it up in the air and someone in his ribs as he catches it does

Why Callum Phillips played relatively few minutes is also equally baffling

It was the most important game of the season so far - Coyle got Haven up for it and off to a fast start. Vievers didn't.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People saying all our players will be cherry picked. Not sure many teams will be looking at players who have picked up 2 points all season in all honesty. Haven may take the odd local and sammut will get picked up but im struggling to see many others who teams will be fighting over.the way weve played this year i dont think bouncing back would be a given so we probably need a good sort out and turn around of players.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

People saying all our players will be cherry picked. Not sure many teams will be looking at players who have picked up 2 points all season in all honesty. Haven may take the odd local and sammut will get picked up but im struggling to see many others who teams will be fighting over.the way weve played this year i dont think bouncing back would be a given so we probably need a good sort out and turn around of players.

I think anyone not under contract will be off and some may retire. Something needs put in place with a view to rebuilding as it's gonna be a smaller budget in C1 and the club may as well start planning for it now.

Long way to go yet but say town go down haven stay up there's no guarantee loads will jump ship and if it's about money you've gotta look at it like this town would have more winning pays in champ1 than haven will in the champ that's one of the reasons a couple of Barrow players stayed where they are

Long way to go yet but say town go down haven stay up there's no guarantee loads will jump ship and if it's about money you've gotta look at it like this town would have more winning pays in champ1 than haven will in the champ that's one of the reasons a couple of Barrow players stayed where they are

Your right donald there is a long way to go yet, it doesn't look good for Town but there will be lots of twists and turns until the season ends, a lot of Haven fans didn't expect to win on Saturday, only having 5 training and lack of bodies the outlook didn't look good, Town on the other hand had been putting in some good performances and were favourites to win, fair play to Haven they were the better of two poor teams on the day, anyone is still capable in that bottom 7 of going down, what would happen if we both did , who would be the strongest out of the two ?? hopefully it wont happen, but no one is safe yet, I think there is a lot of surprises to come yet !!!!

The first half on Saturday was terrible, possibly our poorest half for a long time, but we were still well in the game, some poor options at crucial times cost us. All that said in my opinion we need to be within 4 points of the other bottom teams come the 8's so need at least 10 or 12 from the remaining games, champ 1 does not hold much excitement for me. What I am saying it is in our hands now, no more excuses. S**t or bust.

Sadly couldn't make yesterdays game and still haven't watched it yet, but last weeks game was lost because of our head coaches team selection and the way he used the subs, I would rather have Jonty Gorley with the help of a couple of head players take control to the end of the season, 

The first half on Saturday was terrible, possibly our poorest half for a long time, but we were still well in the game, some poor options at crucial times cost us. All that said in my opinion we need to be within 4 points of the other bottom teams come the 8's so need at least 10 or 12 from the remaining games, champ 1 does not hold much excitement for me. What I am saying it is in our hands now, no more excuses. S**t or bust.

Cant see many points with our current game plan, same old.... same old,  up the middle then hit Bret or Stack (or Whiteley if Jarrod not playing) with a crash ball.

It hasn't worked for 3 seasons but we still seem to fall back to that same basic move??? 

Went to Blackpool full of hope but have never been as disappointed by a town performance, we looked off the pace from first kick off ,

Worst for me was that in every other game (despite skill levels) all the teams looked up for the occasion, sadly we did not (and not for the first time) !!!

I am another long term supporter and certainly have no wish to watch C1 level football,

I think nobody wants c1 obviously but you can't turn being a supporter on and off , if we do go down it's an opportunity to regroup , get rid of the expensive but average Oz forwards, get scholey n Rooney in more often than not and go again. And flights to Toronto are only 500notes!

I think nobody wants c1 obviously but you can't turn being a supporter on and off , if we do go down it's an opportunity to regroup , get rid of the expensive but average Oz forwards, get scholey n Rooney in more often than not and go again. And flights to Toronto are only 500notes!

Good shout Ginock.

I'm totally pi***d off with the current position and the Blackpool performance simply wasn't acceptable but I will still be at DP next year whoever is in charge and whatever league were in.

Really surprised at some of the stalwarts comments on here stating they won't be going next year if or in my opinion when we go down.

Here are a few things that I feel have contributed to our downfall.

The season has been a disaster from the start  not having enough players as cost us dear.

Signing average aussies who have used up a lot of the budget.

Same tactics week in week out.

Communication with the fans is simply embarrassing.

Same tactics week in week out.

Unable to get players up for possibly the most important game in the clubs history. (in terms of survival).

This is the time the club will need everyone to pull together.

A very miffed Townie but still a supporter.

Always have been always will be the pride of West Cumbria!

You maybe can go and watch brow kells and Egremont but that's not what a supporter does is it? A supporter has an affinity with a club and you stick with them through good or bad times.

Going down is nowhere near as disastrous as years gone by , good clubs like Keighley, barrow, Newcastle, York, Rochdale, new club Toronto, North Wales, the team who we may come down with to name a few, it will give us chance to blood Forrester, ritson week in week out and they will develop.

Vievers would go, taking the Murphys, the Oz flops and sammut would go, we may need to speak to the likes of lucock ,Akehurst Rooney and admit we made mistakes but sometimes you got to regroup, step back and come back stronger. Look at Swinton, Oldham..........you can go a long way when the spirit is there.

i'd have forrester in over c murphy any day of the week as his defence is far better and ritson has probably played the best wing performance town has seen for almost 2 seasons against leigh , akehurst showed good promise and is ready to replace the seniors who may leave or retire if he can be persuaded as can rooney but i would use him as second row not prop , even if town somehow escape the drop then these measures  should still be taken as changes still must be made , glad to see scholey is back too.

David Fifita has apparently been given 2 weeks leave to take care of family issues in the UK. Anybody heard anything? It also says he's signing for Wakefield.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

I support town, not the opposition, so i will support them regardless of if were playing fev or hemel. Anyone saying otherwise could do with having a word with themselves. Most of this squad will be here next season regardless, and with a decent coach then theres some good rugby in there.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

I support town, not the opposition, so i will support them regardless of if were playing fev or hemel. Anyone saying otherwise could do with having a word with themselves. Most of this squad will be here next season regardless, and with a decent coach then theres some good rugby in there.

I wouldn't bank on it, some of them will probably pack in because the wages will be rubbish. In that league we'd get £75k central funding compared to the near £200k we get now. You'd be asking lads to play for less than half of what they get now plus all the extra travelling.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Archived