Town V Haven. blackpool predictions.

town4me

I wouldn't bank on it, some of them will probably pack in because the wages will be rubbish. In that league we'd get £75k central funding compared to the near £200k we get now. You'd be asking lads to play for less than half of what they get now plus all the extra travelling.

Well Barrra have managed some good signings this year marra, its down to us supporters to continue supporting our team what ever division we are in, we have a good lottery, speedway, and good sponsors, backing the club, I only wish we could find another Mr Bowden as things were always more structured and organised and supporters new what was happening when he was about.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The club will always carry it's core of supporters no matter what, but the ones on the edge are already dropping away and will continue to do if we are relegated.

A couple of seasons ago in my own group of mates there was more interest than there is now, with a couple of them having already drifted away. This season trying to get a group to sponsor a match is much harder, and going off reaction some of it is to do with the policy of not feeding any information out. One of the lads is completely fed up and hasn't been to the last few home games, he wouldn't even take a free ticket at the Batley game.

I just hope it can be turned around or more and more folk will turn their backs on the club.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Maybe the answer lies in getting a supporter representative on the board. Acting as a link , say for example someone from travelers rest supporters club where they ask the questions that are constantly revisited on here week in week out.

i know a lot of people who have stopped going to watch town in the last couple of years due to many things.......they are now grandparents ,some have kids who play football on sundays , a lot play golf comps on sundays ,some now watch reds instead ,some say scrambling about at the foot of the table year after year is not for them ,you never see the big sides anymore because of the way the leagues are set up i.e. no achievable target , but worst of all some who have supported the club and sometimes sponsored players over many years have not been payed out on raffles or draws and get no joy out of confronting the directors on these issues .........many things must change , but the main one i am sure that everyone wants sorted out is this wall of silence from the board of directors before its too late and everyone loses interest .even  the majority of our choristers on the popular side have deserted us . i watched the game on saturday and the people sat around me , went on about peter walshs side etc......they didn t know where we were in the league , who barely any of the players were , they were there for the day out .something has to be done and its up to the board and coach to make it happen  !

I've supported Town over 20 years now but agree with a lot of what DTTRR and others say. We went into the season half-cocked and have made little attempt to rectify the situation whether by loans or DR (whatever its faults). Virtually no communication from the club is frustrating to say the least. I've missed a match or two this year and have found I can manage quite well without the misery. I might go and watch a match or two next year; I may well not. Don't feel great saying that but maybe enough's enough.

Oh yes and as soon as relegation is confirmed all direct debits to the club will cease.

I won't be back to dp anytime soon. Not because of results this year but because the way the club is run. The final straw for me was the 'kids go free' or maybe not. It was only by chance i found out about it by a friend. After reading the small print you needed to get a ticket, either from spike in town on the saturday or from the club office on machday. So i phoned the office at 10:30 on the sunday, went to answer phone. Tried again, went to answer phone. Jumped in the car and drove down and there is five poeple standing in the office laughing and joking, all kitted out top to toe in the latest club merchandise. Only to be told by june kennedy 'you should of been in town yesterday' me and the missus our two friends and kids who never miss a home match have not been back since.

I won't be back to dp anytime soon. Not because of results this year but because the way the club is run. The final straw for me was the 'kids go free' or maybe not. It was only by chance i found out about it by a friend. After reading the small print you needed to get a ticket, either from spike in town on the saturday or from the club office on machday. So i phoned the office at 10:30 on the sunday, went to answer phone. Tried again, went to answer phone. Jumped in the car and drove down and there is five poeple standing in the office laughing and joking, all kitted out top to toe in the latest club merchandise. Only to be told by june kennedy 'you should of been in town yesterday' me and the missus our two friends and kids who never miss a home match have not been back since.

Someone from the BOD really need to act on the criticism they and/or the club are receiving.

This isn't the first time I have heard of Ms Kennedy messing people about and them muttering the words "i won't be back" 

Always have been always will be the pride of West Cumbria!

thats very poor mate. Theres no leader down there, fryer seems to let everyone know when he thinks hes done something good like getting the new zealand game or signing fifita yet we hear nothing off him when things are going pear shaped.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Got to agree that's poor full stop. I worked in a business where every call was to be answered in 2rings because every call was seen as an opportunity to help someone not to be viewed as another problem, old saying is if your looked after you expect it and maybe tell 5 people if your treated poorly you'll tell 20+

Is there anybody on the board who is a poster on this forum ? Or even just reads it to gauge opinion....

For gods sake listen to the fan base, the club is sleep walking into a serious down turn and it will be a hard slog to recover, which I'm sure we can but we're making it harder for ourselves week in week out.

Christ it's all doom and gloom coming on here at present with not even Townies controversial comments to liven things up, I blame David M and Keith for our present slump as we have gone right down the plug hole since they stopped posting on here. PS. Only joking lads hope your health is improving.

Think everyone has given up mate, including the club....

Do not know what is going on at the club,i have not been down to training for 5 or 6 weeks due to an illness.I really cannot understand why there has not even been anything coming from the board and it makes me think there is something going on behind the scenes on this merger with Whitehaven,It may sound like bullcrap but it will eventually happen no matter what we has fans think,you have only got to look around and see the situation in Cumbrian RL,the amateur game is in a slump and we have two Professional clubs just scraping by on poor crowds and one apparently no money to get new faces in,i have just sat back and read all these posts from haven and town that it will not happen,but,the RL seem to want a joint merger and looking at the way they are going on in bringing in a club in from Canada, it seems to me they are going, and doing,just what they want.This is just my opinion, but with no information coming from the club we has fans are just pigs in the middle which I believe is unfair has without us fans there would be know club at all.I guess we will have a flurry of info when the Scotland v new Zealand comes around but we need to know what is going on at this minute and with relegation looming(I still think we can stay up)now is the time to let us fans in and try to se if we can help in anyway.

Do not know what is going on at the club,i have not been down to training for 5 or 6 weeks due to an illness.I really cannot understand why there has not even been anything coming from the board and it makes me think there is something going on behind the scenes on this merger with Whitehaven,It may sound like bullcrap but it will eventually happen no matter what we has fans think,you have only got to look around and see the situation in Cumbrian RL,the amateur game is in a slump and we have two Professional clubs just scraping by on poor crowds and one apparently no money to get new faces in,i have just sat back and read all these posts from haven and town that it will not happen,but,the RL seem to want a joint merger and looking at the way they are going on in bringing in a club in from Canada, it seems to me they are going, and doing,just what they want.This is just my opinion, but with no information coming from the club we has fans are just pigs in the middle which I believe is unfair has without us fans there would be know club at all.I guess we will have a flurry of info when the Scotland v new Zealand comes around but we need to know what is going on at this minute and with relegation looming(I still think we can stay up)now is the time to let us fans in and try to se if we can help in anyway.

wouldn't surprise me 2 clubs with lets say large wage bills and low crowds doesn't take a genius to work out both teams are struggling to keep going at this level

Well with talk of a haven director attending town matches it does make you think there is something in it. I personally am all for a joint team at championship level and not just because of our current position. Even if we scrape to safety I would still feel the same.

Archived