Town V Haven. blackpool predictions.

town4me

I was shown the minutes of the local Cumberland league the other day and it said that Maryport had put a letter into the league requesting a meeting to talk about the state of the game in west Cumbria and asked for the pro clubs and other interested parties be involved in the talks as they are really worried the game is going to die off.

I was surprised to see that the management decided to put it down for discussion at their next meeting which is 3 months away.

You would have thought that' the state of the game at the minute would have had the meeting a couple of weeks later, not 3 more month!

Says it all really, one club waiting for the other club to die off so they can be called top dogs, quite sad really !!!!!

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is the crack with fafita then? Scholey left and came back and is in the 19, latu is fit now yet not in the 19, Alex wasn't in the 19 last week, but is this week?

Games against London, Bradford and Leigh coming up after Haven, I would suspect he might get a run out in those games where we have nothing to lose really.

If he doesn't then you would begin to wonder if he'll ever play for us again.

guess that doesn't include people buying direct from RFL as I did?

if you buy from the RFL workington dont get ur money.....

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

Somebody on the main board has posted the breakdown of ticket sales by club (don't know where they go the info from). It says Town have sold 193 tickets and Haven have sold 40.

which main board is that?....and does it give a breakdown of all ticket sales...club by club ?

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

Haven might have a few injuries but Stack is our talisman and Matty, Carter and Mossop are all key players who are missing, predictions of an easy Town win are ridiculous, we are bottom of the league for fups sake, we are the underdogs :rtfm:

Somebody on the main board has posted the breakdown of ticket sales by club (don't know where they go the info from). It says Town have sold 193 tickets and Haven have sold 40.

from what I gather there's a large bulk of haven fans who have booked into the hotel at the ground which means you don't need to buy a ticket think it's 2 bus fulls

Both signings are excellent.  For me  - Getting Dion on the park will be critical to Whitehaven and it will be really interesting to see who Town play in the halves and in the Centres, Perry has to start in one and looking at the squad Hulme & Murphy will be on the wing , but who will be in the other centre. I heard Jason Mossop would be out for quite a while so it looks like that just making up numbers . Really looking forward to Blackpool , as good as Newcastle was for Magic I enjoy this weekend just as much if not more . Good luck to both teams but UTT for me by 30   :tongue:

Gee's the only other who's played a bit at centre.

That's bad, dkw

Doran starting at 9 I'm told. Callum to come on after the early energy levels drop to scoot and find gaps , mission must be fit or he wouldn't be in squad so that leaves Alex or olstrum, I would go Olstrum as a local in the derby. He will be up for it and has been working on mobility and

becoming more agile , rather than being used as another prop..........if any doubt over mossop then gee to centre ,olstrum into loose,mcavoy 2nd row and Alex on bench. scholey to miss out.

Good luck to the lads today. I both love & hate derbies in equal measure, always have butterflies before and there's no looking at me if we get beat.

I'm confident we can do the business today UTT!

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Archived