Town V Haven. blackpool predictions.

town4me

However bad we were today, goal kicks cost us the match today and that's the frustrating thing, we played poor but were still in the game !!!!!!

kicks shouldn't have come into it. We have had 3 very good performances and they were down in the dumps on the back of a 60 point spanking. Vivers talks the talk but his team doesn't walk the walk. He has to carry the can. VIVERS OUT

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your only as good as the way you are coached to play ...enough said there I think.

Vevers should have been given the boot 2 month ago.

Too late to save this season now, so best to ditch him and see what's about and give any potential coach the remainder of this season to build a squad for next year.

Unfortunately we all realise our silent board of directors won't do anything about it and Vevers will still be here making the same old excuses in september

give 2 senior players the job until the end of the season and sack Vivers.

Don't think it matters now, I will take some persuading to go and watch that level of rugby next season, would rather watch a local amateur game for £2 than pay to watch some of the teams in champ 1

people around me were saying they are now losing interest and I have to say I am too. C1 is not an exciting thought. It's same up there though. There all calling for coyles head and saying there not spending 16 quid on them anymore.they will get a couple of days grace after today but with Leigh up next it won't last long

Got to question why Ritson wasn't out there today. Mossop was clearly not fit , You guys looked void of idea's in attack and Off the cuff rugby from JS is not going to make you survive. Whitehaven's fullback hasn't caught a high ball since Easter but not one bomb to test him , Dave Allen is Whitehaven's best player and yet everytime Verlinden goes forward he runs at Dave , This looked liked a game plan to spot Dave. that's fine if you have strike on the edge to worry him later in the game but the winger went off injured and Perry was forced out wide. 

and I have no idea why Callum came off after 24 mins and didn't go back on till the last 17 . Was he injured , I seen him take a decent head shot when scoring but if he's ft he has to be on the park if Matty is missing.

However Whitehaven where massive for each other today , Dion played hobbling for 60mins and none of the playmakers managed to spot him ? There pack dominated and Gore's kicking game was a country mile better. 

Time for a re-think our it will be champ 1 next year i'm afraid

Sack veivers sack Veivers! Easy option that!! Did Veivers drop the kick offs did Veivers give the penalties away. We were poor, maybe a bit of complacency after last few games. We need to be better than we were today, that game was there for the taking and we failed to deliver!!

Sack veivers sack Veivers! Easy option that!! Did Veivers drop the kick offs did Veivers give the penalties away. We were poor, maybe a bit of complacency after last few games. We need to be better than we were today, that game was there for the taking and we failed to deliver!!

No he didn't drop the kick offs or give penalties away.

However he is coaching a team cast adrift at the bottom 

of the league, and as wonderofwood pointed out he's a

coach who did not spot obvious weaknesses in the

opposition yesterday.  He is also the one who has

wasted the budget on Australian forwards.

Veivers out.

No he didn't drop the kick offs but due to his tactics the team "failed to deliver". How the lads can be accused of complacency when they've only won two games all season is laughable. The lads tried their hearts out yesterday but if it wasn't for JS and his individual brilliance we were well beaten because the tactics were wrong plain and simple.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Never mind our current predicament and no word from the BOD Mark Fryer was over the moon he had secured a World Cup game and kept it a big secret till he could announce it personally and we will probably go into it as a CH 1 team with no responce at all to our current dillema.

The kicks would have gave us an undeserved draw but the facts are there, we scored 4 individual tries and without them we buried and Callum should be on that pitch for longer, we r always more urgent when he is on. Tactics were dull, pack made no real yards and 4 minutes to go and still behind we kick for touch

Yesterday showed that Veivers isn't a coach. Good coaches are able to implement different plans depending on what they see unfolding on the pitch, we just carry on doing the same old things. As has already been mentioned 3 or 4 of the Haven players were either injured or out on their feet and we never targeted them at all. Coyle was fat as a barrel and patently unfit yet we gave him an easy time. Aiye was hobbling about and struggling, hiding out on their left - we should have switched Whiteley to right centre and put Mossop on the left wing, Whiteley would have caused Aiye massive problems running direct at him. As for taking Callum off for so long well it defies belief, he's the only one that shows any spark. As for Sammut, and I know this sounds daft given his hat trick, but he did nothing for long periods even the commentators remarked how little he had the ball in hand. There was one set of six near their line where he didn't touch the ball once, he should be the player taking control in those situations. I fear yesterday was the start of the last rites for the club but those responsible will hide away and say and do nowt as usual.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Me or you could coach them to play like that but why would we? On current form we should've played them off the park but Vievers seems to think if you try to play rugby you might make a mistake that costs you, it's more costly not to play rugby and rely on Sammutt to score a hatrick and still lose!!

That was a shocking dismal performance in such an important game.

Vievers time is up. No he didn't drop the ball from kick offs.

Look at the players he as brought in from the other side of the world.

None of them are good enough! Verlinden or "toothache boy" rubbish! Get rid now if we can or is he signed up for next year? We were warned about his "bottle" by the Fev fans how comes Vievers didn't know?

Fafita? Joke!

Gordon. Average. Could of got an equivalent in this country for a lot less money.

Harsh but true in my opinion.

As wonder of wood said. Jouffret couldn't catch cold but we didn't test him once!

Time to Go Phil - not good enough .

Always have been always will be the pride of West Cumbria!

the coach is ultimately responsible for his teams performance.

kicks shouldn't have come into it. We have had 3 very good performances and they were down in the dumps on the back of a 60 point spanking. Vivers talks the talk but his team doesn't walk the walk. He has to carry the can. VIVERS OUT

I disagree marra, kicks are a massive part of our game, we scored 5 tries to 4 , take your kicks and the odd penalty and its a different game, we may be going down but if I was a haven fan I wouldn't be crowing just yet they are still in the and a long way to go, Cottercashs wallet a bit lighter after yesterdays win, £900 a man Haven were on, I hope it doesn't bite them in the aris !!!!!  Canada isn't cheap, av checked already ;)

oldham have beaten swinton thats all the nearest clubs 6 points above town , the worst possible outcome the weekend could have given .

Jumped the gun a bit.

Swinton have came back from 20-0 down and ended up winning 25-24.

Always have been always will be the pride of West Cumbria!

I do not know what to say about that performance by town,in a nutshell,we were pathetic.Whitehaven with so many injuries and we decide to drive it down the middle against a bigger pack full of fatmen,why did sammut kick to touch on numerous occasions when we were getting beat,but I could go on all bloody week about our our poor performance,i could go on about sacking the coach,we can't do that without any money to pay him off,but the players know they are to blame not the coach,but as already been said by a few more fans, i am fast losing interest in the club has they have no interest in me has one of their fans,D1 holds no interest for me so if we do go down then I think that will be my lot after 50 years plus of supporting my club has I have no interest in watching Gloucester or hemel and, I think we would also lose a big part of our team to other clubs who will no doubt be in the mix for the players.

Well said Trouty I'm sure a lot of fans are thinking along the same lines regarding going to see all golds,Hemel stags, etc. To pick up on one of your points saying it was the players to blame which maybe it was to a certain degree but surely the coach must carry the can for our game plan and tactics which were absolute diabolical with no backup plan when it wasn't working out.

I do not know what to say about that performance by town,in a nutshell,we were pathetic.Whitehaven with so many injuries and we decide to drive it down the middle against a bigger pack full of fatmen,why did sammut kick to touch on numerous occasions when we were getting beat,but I could go on all bloody week about our our poor performance,i could go on about sacking the coach,we can't do that without any money to pay him off,but the players know they are to blame not the coach,but as already been said by a few more fans, i am fast losing interest in the club has they have no interest in me has one of their fans,D1 holds no interest for me so if we do go down then I think that will be my lot after 50 years plus of supporting my club has I have no interest in watching Gloucester or hemel and, I think we would also lose a big part of our team to other clubs who will no doubt be in the mix for the players.

sorry trouty but it's not the players it's the coach. He selects players to sign and he decides the teams tactics and quite clearly they needed changing yesterday but we plodded on and lost. Pundit after pundit have tore into us this season on radio and now on TV but nothing changes. He talks plenty of tactical jargon in his interviews but it doesn't happen on the pitch.if you can't go through a team then surely he can see you try and go around them.

Well I'm a bit bored so I worked out roughly the results of the fixtures ahead and I feel there is still hope, I've got us down to beat dewsbury ,Swindon and haven at home giving us 10 points and then I looked at the other games and where the relegation battlers play each other I've gone with home advantage so the table may look like this at the regular season

Swinton 14

Rams 14

Sheffield 14

Oldham 14

Haven 12

Town 10.

Plenty to play for with 14 points then available in the super 8s....

However as many people have said we must be much smarter than we were yesterday, so disappointed with a couple of team issues , Jonty gorley said that there was no need to play injured people so why was mossop out there , all that blue tape on his leg....can't have been fit.

Also when Chris Murphy got injured why did our form centre get shunted to wing ? It should have been mossop who has played wing many times, then move gee to centre and we would have been much stronger. Olstrum was on the wing for what seemed like an age. And on Olstrum I think I preferred the old Karl who would rag a few about ,give the odd penalty away, he's controlled his aggression so much that it's taken that edge of his game.

There's hope and at least we're scoring tries but we're not going to win any game easy so get ready for a rocky ride until the end of this season......lets hope we can tighten up a bit and give ourselves a chance instead of playing catch up all the time. Utt

as wonderofwood said we didn t test the haven full back with kicks all day , and yet they clearly had a plan to kick to our right side rather than waste time kicking to jack , they have studied the way we set up ,had we done any homework on them ?paul crarey apparently said on the radio , that haven were fielding a very big pack , and we were fielding a very athletic one , why then did we get embroiled in a barge it up the middle battle instead of throwing the ball around as we had done in the previous 3 games ?again from what i ve been told the sky commentators were baffled at our tactics or should i say lack of them ?i m afraid all this is down to our coach , he must have told them to play that way , where as the media and watching fans wanted something different .......as for jarryd stack , he is our talisman and even if half fit he had to play , it was our most important game of the season . i would personally have started with jamie and carl at half back as they have been playing well together lately , jarrod at 13 and played callum either full game or spelled for 10 mins either side of half time , again callum makes things happen he needed to play longer .yet again though it was noticeable that haven played the ball far quicker than us , this seems to be a recurring problem.......it was an awful performance , but if those 2 conversions had gone over , we would have got an undeserved draw , those 2 misses however were just down to downright lack of concentration and carelessness.................but unlike some on here i have followed TOWN for 53 years and will continue to support them whatever division they are playing in next season . 

Archived