23 Jun: CCQF: Huddersfield Giants v Wakefield Trinity Wildcats KO 8pm (Sky)

Who will win?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield Giants
    • Wakefield Trinity Wildcats

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We needed some luck tonight and didn't get it sadly

The poor start and dropped ball made it hard for Hudds. The half backs weren't great and the kicking game wasn't productive. We are seriously lacking punch in the forwards. 

Hope Rapira and Wardle are ok.

I always thought the ref was part of the field and if it hit him it was play on. Not sure why I thought that, but I guess you don't see it happen often.

However it does beg the question, if that's the rule, why on earth did he go to the video ref? I'm pretty sure he realised the ball had hit him.

Think He went to the VR to check on the onside as that would've been first offence you can clearly hear him telling VR the ball had hit him.

We have hit another Low, Well done Wakey. I'm too embarrassed to say much more. If it wasn't for town having to share the stadium, I would suggest using the ground to grow Rhubarb. With the lights on full to get some heat I think watching it grow would probably be better than watching the Giants.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

For gods sake giantstrides if it wasn't for huddersfield town and kirklees council your club would be another oldaham,swinton dewsbury batley and the rest in a closed shop in the the championship.Ken Davey has done a remarkable job over the years with steady progress and success.

For gods sake giantstrides if it wasn't for huddersfield town and kirklees council your club would be another oldaham,swinton dewsbury batley and the rest in a closed shop in the the championship.Ken Davey has done a remarkable job over the years with steady progress and success.

Hurray!

It's Ken Davy by the way.

I really enjoyed this game - Giants again flattered to deceive but you can see that they have immense talent in that side. Survive this year and then thrive going forward with the right coach. I know it's horrible having seen Wigan bump along at the bottom and even being relegated, but there will be better days once they rebuild the team.

As for trinity it isn't just that they are winning games but that they do so so intelligently and with such all round skill. I had no idea Chester was this good though I suppose HKR's cup success last year gave a clue. Great to see.

I had no idea Chester was this good though I suppose HKR's cup success last year gave a clue. Great to see.

:blink:

Trying to work this out but I'll certainly go along with the "Great to see" bit.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Not seen it once since the final hooter, tbh.

Although, to put a bit of balance on that, a few of us were going in one of our fave Hull pubs to watch a game the other week and I sent out the usual invite to Ullman. He replied saying he wouldn't be able to make it as a relative was coming round who was a bit fed up. I pointed out that last year's RL Cup Final was available on Youtube if they needed cheering up to which he replied "I've never recorded over it from my Sky box mate".

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

If it wasn't for Ken Davy there would be no soccer club at all - the Giants are pretty much the only reason that stadium operates for large parts of the year as the football club continues to overspend and may well be on its way back to receivership if the current owner walks - which he is rumoured to be doing - and this time I hope Ken doesn't bail them out - or the council who couldn't handle the stadium and developments around it

So don't talk tosh about what the council and the football club have done other than to remove coin from the mans own pockets and then  get on his back when he wanted something from his commitment - some of the soccer fans were truly disgusting in the way they reacted to Ken's input - without the Giants holding his attention there would be little if any sport in Huddersfield right now above semi pro level of any type

As for his commitment to the Giants and the town it is unquestionable - I really believe the players know this and I do believe a lot of change is about to happen over the off season - if you saw Chris Thormans footage on Twitter of the victory song after the defeat of Salford in the right hand bottom is Ken Davy arms in the air joining in - really enjoys the game and is a real gentleman

The man is a saint and I for one will not have his efforts to keep both Town and the Giants alive over the last decades diminished by poor comments about his history and that of sport in Huddersfield

As for the council - the stadium was a deal between all the relevant stakeholders and the council got the land on which their old grounds stood - all in the industrial zones of Huddersfield - in return for a development on waste ground.

The bill for that stadium was way below what it would have been elsewhere  - McAlpine were involved in the building and design of the stadium as a vanity project as it cost them almost as much to build it as they ever received - and as usual Kirklees council didn't have the wherewithal to understand what to do with it, how to manage it, how best to utilise it as an asset - and the soccer club, at that time in the old 1st division and looking like real premiership promotion hopefuls - were the supposed answer to the  financial gaps already even then opening up.

So nope, wont have it, the council and the soccer team were well and truly spun a life line by Davy and then as soon as he started to make a relevant success of both by good fiscal planning Town were a forced sale and the council wanted back in - looks like history really is cyclical and I do hope Davy wont be daft enough to end up floating the stadium and the soccer team on his own again because they don't deserve it

Going back to the video its a real honest man that supports his team in the way Davy has done I do think RL is blessed with real honest owners at the top level who have a real connection to those clubs because they sure as hell don't turn the huge profits these people are used to if any at all - real RL people and sadly we forget this sometimes

And the bloke isn't even from the Town - he got into RL by accident

Anyway rant over!

Archived