Local Derby

Website

Take it in the correct context - the squad that Whitehaven have announced is pretty much made up of all their starting 17 with the exception of Miller  & possibly Mcavoy - whereas you guys are missing Stack , Perry , Carter , Sam , Latu  :D Murphy ,

Murphy? That is bad news...    oh you mean Chris

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Take it in the correct context - the squad that Whitehaven have announced is pretty much made up of all their starting 17 with the exception of Miller & possibly Mcavoy - whereas you guys are missing Stack , Perry , Carter , Sam , Latu :D Murphy , So you cant say that about every team now can you ? - I wouldn't kid yourself about last week , Bradford where outplayed for large parts of the second half last week and If they add Dion to their team and start anything like , then they could get within 30 points of you ;)

wonder, haven are like us as in it doesnt matter whos selected its whether the players turn up or not on the day. You could also say we just beat a team at DP that thumped haven at the rec. I cant see either team getting 30pts clear TBH. tough game. Not a lot in it.

Take it in the correct context - the squad that Whitehaven have announced is pretty much made up of all their starting 17 with the exception of Miller & possibly Mcavoy - whereas you guys are missing Stack , Perry , Carter , Sam , Latu :D Murphy , So you cant say that about every team now can you ? - I wouldn't kid yourself about last week , Bradford where outplayed for large parts of the second half last week and If they add Dion to their team and start anything like , then they could get within 30 points of you ;)

PS i think we have enough cover for 5 of them 6 players you listed.

providing we don t get involved in a forward battle , and we keep it simple and don t try those over complicated moves wide out , i expect us to win............having said that i thought we would win easily at blackpool . the coolest  and most focused team wins .

Noticed the referee is Mr. S. Mikamousikas.  Be ready to expect the worst. Be very aware.

I thought you were joking and suggesting it as a Mickey Mouse themed joke. I have just seen the back page of the N&S and its true!......... Mickey Mouse as referee and sponsored by Specsavers you couldn't make it up.

today we will see how many people are really interested in rugby league in west cumbria .the most important derby for a long time , weather sunny and dry , no excuse for the armchair fans not to get down to the match .UP THE TOWN.

today we will see how many people are really interested in rugby league in west cumbria .the most important derby for a long time , weather sunny and dry , no excuse for the armchair fans not to get down to the match .UP THE TOWN.

i cant make it so be on radio 

It will be a good indicator of the interest in the area havens following to DP hasn't been brilliant the last few years but I would expect them too bring a few more today, It's such a massive game for them and they will be coming to pick over our bones knowing the financial state we are in

Hoping for a Town win but wouldn't like to call it.

Let's all get behind them, UP THE TOWN

Going off the Haven lads at work they definitely aren't confident of winning. Hopefully their players aren't either.

Hate and love derbies with a passion. I've had butterflies since this morning, and unless we are trouncing them I almost can't enjoy watching the game. Beer is the only antidote to suppress those pesky butterflies so it's time for some medicinal lager.

Let's get behind the lads today and bring home a win. UTT!

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

As a Haven fan said to me at work.... the only reason that Haven are above Town is because they've beaten us twice this season in the league, if we'd beaten them at Blackpool we'd have been above them on points difference.

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

As a Haven fan said to me at work.... the only reason that Haven are above Town is because they've beaten us twice this season in the league, if we'd beaten them at Blackpool we'd have been above them on points difference.

exactly the opposite of last season if we'd have beat you lot 4 times you would have been relegated

Games like that give me palpitations!  Really thought we'd blown it, but what a sweet way to let the air out of the Jambo's balloon. We were right opposite the red card incident and not only did Allen give Karl a facial (not in a good way) but he also stripped the ball. No excuse though and even though  it was a peach of a hit it will probably mean we could lose him to suspension at a crucial time. Sammut wasn't spectacular but his class won us the chocolates. Tee had an outstanding game and while I would hate to lose him I believe he would blossom in a full time environment. Massive raps to all concerned including the speccies who made themselves heard right til the hooter--decent turn out too-- I'd guess 1100 or so ?

can see us losing to Sheffield you lot losing to Oldham then we're both as good as down before the 8s start

Not if we beat Oldham, which is a possibility as we are now winning games at the back end of the season as we do every year. Your lot though are in deep , completely outplayed by 12 men for 70 minutes.

Archived