21-23 Apr: Ladbrokes Challenge Cup - Round Five Match Thread

31 minutes ago, Damien said:

Surely its no farther than a Sunday afternoon?

It's a lot closer when you can leave in the morning get there 3 hours before kick lot and have a drink. And the return journey is shorter as well. Hull as City of Culture is a whole world away from the West Riding / Lancashire cluster!

Home at 7pm not after midnight!

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Rovers now reporting 1580 tickets sold which would fit with crowd numbers.

Must say LSV is an ideal venue for Championship rugby, free car parking in vast numbers right outside ground, Morrison store for last minute needs, Marston pub on corner of ground, great stands with indoor catering throughout games (not enough staff) good pitch etc. Good scoreboard, clocks and loudspeakers. Wouldn't mind going there for a SL game.....

Whatever actually happened with Gareth Hock and the Hull KR fans, one thing is certain - he should stay off twitter.

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque

4 minutes ago, chuffer said:

....as were some KR fans depending on what you read on social media....

Whether he was verbally antagonised or not he is still a disgrace! His language on Twitter cannot be defended.

35 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Have you been watching Another Bloody Sunday?

My favourite TV documentary, RL at its rawest. Great memories of playing with 2 of its stars, even if my memory fails to be able to name them!

Tony Banham and Don Robson....Long term memory still there when not under time pressure!

Car kicking is said to be after he spat at a fan! But perhaps CCTV will give us the answer! No denial of his spitting anywhere.

A sad end to a great day but there is always a mad fan...But a mad player.....He should be banned!

8 minutes ago, stevereed100 said:

Car kicking is said to be after he spat at a fan! But perhaps CCTV will give us the answer! No denial of his spitting anywhere.

A sad end to a great day but there is always a mad fan...But a mad player.....He should be banned!

sounds like he was guilty of retaliation. Stupid yes, if true. But did he cause the situation ? Sounds like 6 of one, half a dozen of the other where "disgrace" is concerned

Steve, you seem to have quoted a post from me, deleted it, then made one up from scratch, presumably for your own amusement. I wouldn't mind if you'd altered one word for a laugh but to make an entire post up as if it was from me is out of order. If you could remove it I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Really physical scrap at Salford by the sounds of it, Toronto leading 16-12. Once again the Canadians not respecting tradition and refusing to play like a League 1 side. Kick 'em out I say.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

4 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

How are Toronto playing?

Think Salford were around 20 point favourites with the bookies.

Not been able to see any of it, just looking at updates. They should go on to win now though, 16-12 up and Justin Carney sent off.

29 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Steve, you seem to have quoted a post from me, deleted it, then made one up from scratch, presumably for your own amusement. I wouldn't mind if you'd altered one word for a laugh but to make an entire post up as if it was from me is out of order. If you could remove it I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Apologies. Wanted to like your original post but finger slipped onto qoute but couldn't find a way to cancel / clear. Thought you would have had a sense of humour however.

Archived