Fax v Batley Match Thread

Batley Bob

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

haven't we got Monday off ?........

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

Perhaps the boys will bust a gut with a mad Monday on winning pay to aim for.

Additionally jyHitchcox looked game on Sunday.

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

We'll  be 18-0 down after 20 mins.

Then score a try,then concede one just before halftime,and just after halftime,then go on to concede another 16-20 points in second half while maybe nicking another try.

Our attack will be predictive and boring and defence will be weak,ineffectual and we'll give pointless penalties away.

Diskin will then blame the players for not sticking to gameplan and not being tough enough...blah blah blah......yawn yawn......

There.

saved everyone the admission fee.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

Still tinkering with the Bulldogstalk website, but here's a few things for you to have a look at:

• Match Video - Dewsbury vs. Batley
  • Quick Opinion - Can Batley hit back on sunday (Poll)?
  • Latest discussion topic on the same theme. Can Batley beat Hailfax?

www.bulldogstalk.net

Thanks Supertyke. Painful viewing, just can't believe how poor our defence had become, notibly Hallett and Hayward. Absolute tripe! Would also like to know if our decent first 25/30 mins in first half and late surge at the end coincide with Leak being on the field? I've mentioned it before and with the timescales and how MD interchanges I wondered if it was plausible that we dip when he's not on the field?

21 minutes ago, doggystyle said:

Thanks Supertyke. Painful viewing, just can't believe how poor our defence had become, notibly Hallett and Hayward. Absolute tripe! Would also like to know if our decent first 25/30 mins in first half and late surge at the end coincide with Leak being on the field? I've mentioned it before and with the timescales and how MD interchanges I wondered if it was plausible that we dip when he's not on the field?

As yes.

Hallett and Hayward....the new Hinge and Bracket........

But to be honest most of our threequarters don't  look like they could tackle a happy  meal.

Perhaps our new defensive 'system' of leaping to the side of the attacking opposition  player and slapping him on the shoulder as he passes is working well for them.....

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

I think your right doggystyle

Leak takes them forward and he's everywhere in defence when he's on and they look better

But I'm a fan of Davey but I think Leak brings that lift when he's on. He doesn't seem to fit with some fans but I do think he's as important a player that we have It's a case of trying to grind out a win,even an ugly win to get the confidence back 

Hopefully the sooner the better to try to get something out of this season 

3 hours ago, il cattivo said:

We'll  be 18-0 down after 20 mins.

Then score a try,then concede one just before halftime,and just after halftime,then go on to concede another 16-20 points in second half while maybe nicking another try.

Our attack will be predictive and boring and defence will be weak,ineffectual and we'll give pointless penalties away.

Diskin will then blame the players for not sticking to gameplan and not being tough enough...blah blah blah......yawn yawn......

There.

saved everyone the admission fee.

Thats the spirit!

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

3 hours ago, il cattivo said:

As yes.

Hallett and Hayward....the new Hinge and Bracket........

But to be honest most of our threequarters don't  look like they could tackle a happy  meal.

Perhaps our new defensive 'system' of leaping to the side of the attacking opposition  player and slapping him on the shoulder as he passes is working well for them.....

spot on,a few more have had a turndown in the tackling dept and fax will rip us apart all over the park, young chandler put a hell of a lot a work in defence and some decent shots too and went unoticed most a the time last season, now he looks lost along with a few more when he does get on the pitch and dropped easy balls and missed a few tackles he normaly nails, have had a look at a few dvd last couple a days and really think we have gone back too far with all the changes brought in all at the same time,too much too quick as spolied the way we used to play,we have even gone back to waste a space dink on last that everyone played hell about with leatherbarrow insted of having somebody that can hit a gap and score like a tiger or ash type player..

anyways am off fishing. see you at blackpool:negative:

5 hours ago, Johndeere said:

I think your right doggystyle

Leak takes them forward and he's everywhere in defence when he's on and they look better

But I'm a fan of Davey but I think Leak brings that lift when he's on. He doesn't seem to fit with some fans but I do think he's as important a player that we have It's a case of trying to grind out a win,even an ugly win to get the confidence back 

Hopefully the sooner the better to try to get something out of this season 

Leak and Davey are not mutually exclusive. I feel they both bring something different to the table and are both very capable players. Maybe Leak facilitates play with certain props better than Davey does? Could be plenty of factors but I'm just pointing out (what appears to go unnoticed by some) just how valueable Leak is to our winning momentum.

4 hours ago, silverback said:

spot on,a few more have had a turndown in the tackling dept and fax will rip us apart all over the park, young chandler put a hell of a lot a work in defence and some decent shots too and went unoticed most a the time last season, now he looks lost along with a few more when he does get on the pitch and dropped easy balls and missed a few tackles he normaly nails, have had a look at a few dvd last couple a days and really think we have gone back too far with all the changes brought in all at the same time,too much too quick as spolied the way we used to play,we have even gone back to waste a space dink on last that everyone played hell about with leatherbarrow insted of having somebody that can hit a gap and score like a tiger or ash type player..

anyways am off fishing. see you at blackpool:negative:

Just what I said in earlier post. Too much too soon too quick. 

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

24 minutes ago, colinb said:

Just what I said in earlier post. Too much too soon too quick. 

but if we can see this from 4 games ago or more why cant those who know more than us,, is it really a case of grabbing a wage and not really been bothered, none a this is fair to the fans or the players,respects been gone since these jollys start a season.at least couple a years back when we let teams start with a couple a trys we fought back in last 10 and nicked a few games now we look like u14s.papola.

7 hours ago, 9' oller said:

Thats the spirit!

Thank you.

The only spirit i shall be indulging in this weekend will be coming from an optic.

Seen this sort of coach/players dispute too many times before and wasted my money hoping it would always come good the next week....or the week after......or the week after that.

Only going to be one outcome here.

The NFL Coach Bum Phillips said "you fail all the  time,but you aren't a failure until you start blaming someone else"......

He also said "There's two kinds of coaches, them that's fired and them that's gonna be fired"......

11 hours ago, il cattivo said:

You must be learning those tactics from us then, as we've been prone to such for some time. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

2 hours ago, silverback said:

and john kear once said ont telly "if you keep doing the same,you will get the same everytime". barry mac copied him last year at one point too.

The quote is from ....  if you do what you've always done ... you will get what you've always got!! .... so true!!   ( I don't know the true origin .. but Einstein .. Henry Ford and Mark Twain have all used it )  

..... as against 'somethings better change' ... ( Hugh Cornwell / Stranglers)

Your call!!  

It appears to be a malaise which has crept in to every level of the game: tackling isn't taught like it used to be. I remember getting a book about Rugby League one Christmas when I was about 5 or 6, couldn't read every word then but could see from the pictures how players were expected to tackle; meet the player head on, crouch and hit him with the shoulder around the upper thigh, take his legs and put him down. Nowadays it seems as though those instructions have been changed to let him get half past you then aim for the chest area or arms, by which time of course he's built up his momentum and is going past you. We seem more adept at this type of tackling that most! I would say that we do have 2 players however who do still try to subscribe to the first set of rules, and again it's a mention for Leak along with the old warhorse Brev. What exactly is this wrestling room providing for us on the pitch? It hasn't improved our knock down rate on the field. We tackled well enough all last season without it, tackling won us our place at the Top 4 table, and it was something built on all through John Kear's tenure. OK he didn't get everything right but we always looked as though we were trying and were capable of something. Now we don't look as though we're trying and are capable of nothing. We have the wrong players to play Diskin's Harlem Globetrotter style. We have players who knew what their job was before and how to build through the game and have that energy left at the end to pull off wins. Now we,vew blown it 15 minutes from the end.

its not rocket science, in order to start all this wrestling pap you have to grab an arm or a leg or even the shirt of late, so thats taken the one out shots like manning/faz/breth/brownie does for fun, look at chandlers tackles from last season to now, and we have seen the hallet and smeaton hits at start a season to the flailing about thats crept in last few games, aint seen a tackle bag for a while now and we always looked good wearing them out in warmup,turn clocks back for a few games and get back to what we had on the pitch or we might as well forget 2017.

On 26/04/2017 at 11:14 PM, Crown Flatter said:

You must be learning those tactics from us then, as we've been prone to such for some time. 

to be fair fella,one a worst offenders for not nailing his man as joined you,am sure he will have a few blinding games as we know he has it in him now and again, the bloke scored 2 and made 2 and put some massive tackles in 2 boxing days since and as shown the odd flash since. new teamates and a fresh settup/gametime might just get him to his best again,

Archived