Fax v Batley Match Thread

Batley Bob

Another poor performance .

We have a lack of organisation in defence and attack! We're soft down the middle, either lose the wrestle, miss the tackle or give a penalty away. Hopefully the new wrestling room with fix this 

Going forward we offer nothing - slow, blunt and predictable

Good players are looking a shadow of themselves. I'm not sure how we can turn it around when there are so many problems

Side note - Does anyone else notice players being placed on the naughty step when they make a mistake. Brown bad offload they score and he's put on the bench. Southernwood throws a pass it's intercepted they score and he's immediately taken off and on the naughty step as well

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, 9' oller said:

A response was needed. Didn't go my brass is too valuable. We scored 22 away but stood by and shipped 40. Patience lost- don't get yourself in trouble with the hard on buford

I take no pleasure in pointing out the obvious flaws in our game nor in how badly we are doing - not my fault you were slower than others to come to tne same conclusion we are all coming to.

we all know what needs to change, but will it happen?

Hull KR will have a field day next week.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

Spot on Dogtor

i noticed the 'naughty step' aswell

Halifax played expansive Rugby throwing the ball around even in their own 20 

We seem to play one out rugby with no real plan for the last tackle. Not the expansive rugby Diskin keeps talking about. For large spells our winger and centres down touch the ball

That said I'll still back Diskin and the lads 100 percent things can only get better I suppose 

10 minutes ago, The dogtor said:

We have a lack of organisation in defence and attack! We're soft down the middle, either lose the wrestle, miss the tackle or give a penalty away. Hopefully the new wrestling room with fix this 

Good players are looking a shadow of themselves. I'm not sure how we can turn it around when there are so many problems

Side note - Does anyone else notice players being placed on the naughty step when they make a mistake. Brown bad offload they score and he's put on the bench. Southernwood throws a pass it's intercepted they score and he's immediately taken off and on the naughty step as well

Yes it looked like he did same with Rowe in 1st game at Toulouse twice

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

41 minutes ago, The dogtor said:

James Brown was absolutely fuming on the bench wanting to get back on the field,i think Diskin has ruined the team and destroyed the team spirit,he doesnt even go in the dugout with the players he sits on his own with his own arrogance,his man management skills are nil .

Thats the worst performance ive seen from a Batley team at the shay for a number of years. We never seemed like we had to get out of first gear and could even afford the luxury of our defence not been up to the standard it has been for a number of weeks now. Night and day between this years and last years Batley team and it really can only be one thing.

We were never in the game, and blues ox, is right that Halifax never reached top gear, and scored when they needed to.

I honestly can't see where our next win is coming from as we are a shadow of the powerful side of last year. Confidence is shot to pieces, energy levels look well down, and our tackling in some phases was embarrassing.

A bunch of lads stood close to me were angrily chanting for Diskin to resign/be sacked during this evening's second half. I can't remember Batley fans ever vocally calling for a coach's head before in that manner - even during the inconsistent and sometimes downright dire Thornton era. I'd say that speaks volumes. 

total shambles, fax played like we used to last year,with confidence and power, they dident break a swet but yet nailed us in defence, how many balls did we drop on the first, cant even remember a decent shot from our lads, i racked my brain on way home and it really is going take some turning round now the players have said **** it, not one scoot thru a gap,same old shirt grabbing and a kick to nowt same old same, worst for me was the batley fans missing half way into season for whats normaly a good game for both sets a fans. cant we let coach have a few weeks off as we cant do any worse without him,, carl harrison would have that team running thru brick walls in a month. defo fishing next week.

9 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

I forgot about him but then again Batley did not let him go because they didnt deem him good enough.....

hes good enough now...would a fitted in nice today for a dose a naughty step//:rtfm:

We expected at least to emulate last year's grit and team morale. We've gone backwards and I'm not buying this no pressure on Disco stance. If that's the case my family and I will be back up when everything is in place. Matt was subdued quiet and possibly arrogant at high school but he's been there and done it as a player. Perhaps head coach at a developing championship  club is too much. Come back linners

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

A really basic example of poor coaching was that you kept kicking the ball down Sharp and Saltonsatalls throats, two of the safest players in the league yet did not get a high ball up to Worrincy who on the flip side has one of the worst pairs of hands in the game. Is that players not listening to the coach or is that the coach not doing his homework?

Money does things to some players though. Grady took a pay cut just a month or so after joining Fax and Manning now gets better losing pay than the Fax players get winning pay yet Grady looked twice the player that Manning did. Something not right there.

The only saving grace is that the bookies haven't got wise to just how weak Batley are at the moment.

I'd much rather be paying into the war chest than winning brass by backing our opponents - and with no end in sight. Next week is likely to be nothing but embarrassing....

19 minutes ago, Dogstew said:

The only saving grace is that the bookies haven't got wise to just how weak Batley are at the moment.

I'd much rather be paying into the war chest than winning brass by backing our opponents - and with no end in sight. Next week is likely to be nothing but embarrassing....

You'll probably beat Hull KR cos that's what happens in sport. Good luck.

1 hour ago, Phil Loxton said:

You'll probably beat Hull KR cos that's what happens in sport. Good luck.

don't put your house on it.....I've got a tent going spare if you do.....

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

Archived